Aston Mortgage Services Ltd Reviews

Aston Mortgage Services Ltd - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Aston Mortgage Services Ltd

Aston Mortgage Services Ltd
Aston Mortgage Services Ltd

“Did the usual comparison websites etc then decided to...”

Written on: 29/01/2011 by Paula33 (1 review written)

Did the usual comparison websites etc then decided to call Aston as well, as it happened they came up with the same mortgage that i had already found (well at least they were honest about it) but they also showed me how to pay no stamp duty on my house purchase. Bargain!… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to Paula33's Review

Written on: 26/05/2011

This review is from broker himself. There is also at least one review that uses one of the broker's prefered usernames -rodwell33. I wont comment on the ethics of this.

A former business contact of the broker.

Read 1 Comment

“I dealt with Aston Mortgages through their ownbuild...”

Written on: 08/06/2010 by ruffjustice (1 review written)

I dealt with Aston Mortgages through their ownbuild website as I had purchased a barn that needed renovating but the normnal high streeet lenders would not help me and I tried everywhere. Peter White and his team were brilliant (to say the least) not only did they find one of the few lenders that were able to help but they ensure that my application (which was extremely difficult and complex) went through to completion. I don't normaly leave these sort of comments but on this occasion I have no… Read Full Review

“Aston Mortgage Services Ltd. An outstanding...”

Written on: 29/06/2009

Aston Mortgage Services Ltd. An outstanding professional service proven by difficult circumstances which included finding a mortgage during a new employment 'probation' period. Proactive, innovative friendly and successful… Read Full Review

“When faced with the idiosyncrasies of getting a...”

Written on: 08/05/2008 by Jo Muncaster (1 review written)

When faced with the idiosyncrasies of getting a mortgage on a timber framed riverside property, Aston Mortgages were without doubt the best people to deal with it.
From the outset they were both professional and enthusiastic and having tried a couple of lenders with no success, he really was a pleasure to deal with!
Even when with issues on access and rights of way reared their ugly head, Peter and his determination and wealth of knowledge in the industry secured us a mortgage. They never gave up… Read Full Review

Ruffjustice's Response to Jo Muncaster's Review

Written on: 08/06/2010

From my dealings with Aston Mortgages I am not at all suprised by your satisfaction with them.

Read 1 Comment

“Aston Mortgage Services Ltd is a very friendly...”

Written on: 15/04/2008

Aston Mortgage Services Ltd is a very friendly mortgage broker and guided us efficiently through the whole process. Excellent service, always answered the phone, at any time of the day… Read Full Review

“Excellent and friendly advice, dealt with my mortgage...”

Written on: 22/02/2008 by ladymichelle (1 review written)

Excellent and friendly advice, dealt with my mortgage and got me a great rate with very little fuss. Every time I rang they responded and dealt with my question. A s this is my biggest cost per month I am happy I dealt with them All round would deal with again… Read Full Review

“I happened to find Aston Mortgages through my local...”

Written on: 20/01/2007 by psyoung (1 review written)

I happened to find Aston Mortgages through my local telephone directory, so rather than arranging a mortgage through their internet/telephone service, I was able to deal face to face, as the company was only located two streets from me. Everything regarding my mortgage was handled professionally and swiftly. I asked for numerous quotes with lots of variations. They dealt with these quickly, always seeking to get the best possible deal for me. Thanks again for all your help… Read Full Review

“We were recommended by a friend, we saved hundreds on...”

Written on: 22/08/2006 by liamlewis (1 review written)

We were recommended by a friend, we saved hundreds on our mortgage thanks to aAton mortgages, I would use them again for any problems… Read Full Review

“We would have no hesitation in recommending Aston...”

Written on: 08/05/2006 by Karina H (1 review written)

We would have no hesitation in recommending Aston Mortgage Services to anybody. The service provided can only be described as first class.

Aston Mortgages delivered exactly what they promised. They were patient and informative, and they keep us up-to-date on all aspects of our mortgage application. The fee paid was worth every single penny!… Read Full Review

“Aston Mortgage Services were excellent. They took...”

Written on: 17/10/2005 by markjohnson74 (1 review written)

Aston Mortgage Services were excellent. They took their time and explained everything to us in detail, we were kept informed as to the status of our application all the way thoughout. All our questions were answered and their knowledge of products and the market was very in depth. My wife and I have a good mortgage at a great rate and we had cash back. A big thank you to all at Aston Mortgage Services… Read Full Review

“Ashton Mortgage Services Ltd. took their time with me,...”

Written on: 08/08/2005 by geordielady (1 review written)

Ashton Mortgage Services Ltd. took their time with me, and explained all of my options.
They got me a low fee mortgage, and helped with my solicitor.
They were always there to advise and assist… Read Full Review

Rodwell33's Response to 204836_geordielady's Review

Written on: 06/09/2005

Unlike a previous reviewer you appear to have used the service and liked what they did.

Read 1 Comment

“Aston Mortgage Services. Pretty average, remember to...”

Written on: 02/08/2005 by kirkburton (2 reviews written)

Aston Mortgage Services. Pretty average, remember to read the small print though, fees up to 1.5%. Thave whole of mortgage market of offer from but only offer Insurance form one company, so would be advisable to buy your insurance elsewhere… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/08/2005

Point 1 - Aston Mortgage Services website complies with FSA requirements. It has been checked and all APRs are correctly shown.
<br>
<br>Point 2 - Aston state that "IF" they charge a fee it will be up to 1.5%. They did not even charge me a fee!
<br>
<br>Point 3 - Insurance - Aston offers insurance from a panel of lenders not just one company.
<br>
<br>Suggest reviewer checks properly next time!

Written on: 15/08/2005

No you stated "the website appears to have changed since I last visited it and it now appears compliant"
<br>FACT -the current website has never been altered.
<br>Leave another reply if you wish however I will leave no further comments.

Written on: 15/08/2005

I had already retracted my remarks regarding the compliance issues if you read my previous posts.

Written on: 12/08/2005

I repeat the current website was designed and launched on May 05 -that is the website you gave your incorrect review on.An Aston website has existed for about one year but was replaced by the current website design. You gave an incorrect review (regarding compliance issues and insureance)on the current website.As you can be proven to be incorrect perhaps you would like retract your remarks .Aston Mortgages are obviously aware of your claims regarding their website.

Written on: 12/08/2005

I made my comments on the 4th August, I made comment on what I saw at that time.

As for your claim that the website was designed and launched in May 05 does not hold water as there was something on your URL in September 2004 according to Way Back Machine

(http://web.archive.org/web/20040926010438/http://www.astonmortgages.co.uk/)

Written on: 12/08/2005

The website was designed and launched in May 2005 it has NEVER BEEN CHANGED since then and NEVER BEEN ALTERED either!Which begs the question how did Kirkburton find the incorrect compliance issues or insureance points that were raised perhaps it was mixed up or confused with another website.Confirmation can be obtained from Network Data IT dept on 01932 875860 as they built and maintain the site and only they will alter the site.-information supplied by Peter White Director Aston M S Ltd via rodwell33

Written on: 11/08/2005

The website has changed since I last visited it and it does now appear to be compliant. When I last visited it stated that the company used one particular company for insurance. There is now no mention of insurance services offered whatsoever.
<br>
<br>I'm sure being a friend of the director makes you fully qualified to comment on what is isn't compliant and would also in no way affect the impartiality of your review of the site or company.

Written on: 10/08/2005

Well commented paticulary as the compliance point he tried to make was incorrect!the reason I know is that I have become aquainted with a director of Aston since dealing with them.Hence the reason for me reviewing them in the first place and replying to the incorrect review (in my opinion)by kirkburton.

Smithy101's Response to kirkburton's Review

Written on: 10/08/2005

I agree with rodwells comments about Aston,I find it amusing how kirkburton, who is in no way a broker, finds the time to trawl through mortgage brokers websites to see if they are compliant.

Read 9 Comments

“Aston Mortgage Services Ltd - I really liked this site...”

Written on: 21/07/2005 by rodwell33 (6 reviews written)

Aston Mortgage Services Ltd - I really liked this site as a first time buyer it really helped me to see what my mortgage would cost. I could choose my own mortgage and apply with no sales pressure when I did need help I called the broker and they were really helpful. I would say if you are looking for a mortgage check out this site… Read Full Review

“Aston Mortgage Services Ltd - All round I would rate...”

Written on: 19/07/2005 by rodwell33 (6 reviews written)

Aston Mortgage Services Ltd - All round I would rate this broker as they appear totally impartial and very up front. There is plenty of information on the website with all rates and products clearly displayed though I think they prefer clients to call them so they can speak to them directly. From what I have seen of the site and them appears to comply with all new FSA regulations… Read Full Review

Kirkburton's Response to rodwell33's Review

Written on: 02/08/2005

Doesn't comply with FSA regulations regarding bad credit