Tripp Reviews - www.tripp.co.uk

• Durability

? Ask our helpful expert about this product or company
Ask our Expert

Hello,

I'd just like to introduce myself as Review Centre's Travel Accessories Expert. If there is anything you want to know about this category, please feel free to ask me a question. I will do my utmost to give you the best possible answer.

So, here is a little bit about me. I am an avid traveller, you name it, I've been there, or want to go there. Travelling abroad is one of my main passions in life. I'm the most compact packer there is, I can easily fit a weeks holiday into a cabin suitcase. The trick? Always pack travel accessories that are built with travel in mind.

I have written a few guides with travel accessories in mind, so please do take a look before you embark on a journey. If you have any ideas for other guides you would like to read about, just send an email to contactus@reviewcentre.com, and I will have a look at them for you.

Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk
Tripp - www.tripp.co.uk

“Handle fell apart on 2nd usage”

Written on: 19/10/2017 by WelshGenius (1 review written)

Bought 2 of these from Debenhams in Oxford Street, and they look nice - streamlined design. Handle fell apart on 2nd usage and looking the the remaining part of the handle fitting, it kind of chips away as you touch it - like chalk. Looks like the rubber mix must have been too soft! Live overseas so cannot easily return but will try to tackle them when I go back this Christmas. Disappointing as they look nice and cost enough!… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to WelshGenius's Review

Written on: 26/10/2017

Thank you for your review regarding your 2 cases.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had issues with the handle on the case. Are you able to send us through some images of the case now? I understand that you are now living abroad but we can discuss the way forward in terms of bringing them back in for an exchange under our guarantee.

You can find our email address on the website, I'm afraid that I'm unable to post it here.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

Welshgenius's reply to Trippluggage's Comment

Written on: 26/10/2017

I did contact Customer Services and they have been very helpful and have arranged to swap the case for a replacement one - no fuss. Based on the correspondence with Customer Services, I would definitely consider buying from them in future.

Read 2 Comments

“Utter Rubbish from a dishonest Business”

Written on: 19/09/2017 by Jamison88 (1 review written)

Bought a case from this second rate company and fully regret it. It lasted 1 trip intact, the second trip a wheel fell off, the third trip another fell off. Contacted the company and they would not honour their guarantee. Be cautious because they only allow reviews on their site immediately after purchase so the glowing reviews they choose to display are only based on the look on the product. Once you have actually used the product and it has failed (as these terrible products inevitably… Read Full Review

Thank you for your review.

I understand that we have recently been in contact with you regarding your issue. A replacement case was offered to you however as we no longer manufactured the case in the same colour as you had originally we were unable to offer you an exact replacement. You then advised us that you would therefore keep the case you had as you had made a repair on it.

We do try in every instance to resolve any issues however we were under the impression that you were happy to keep your current case. We are more than happy to discuss an alternative replacement if you would prefer.

The review emails are automatically sent out 1 month after your initial order however we cannot resend a review link for an order which is over 1 year old I'm afraid.

As discussed, we understand that you will also be writing to us regarding this however please don't hesitate to get in touch with us via email or telephone if you prefer. We are unable to post the contact details here but they can be found on our website.

Bradshawj's Comment

Written on: 21/09/2017

I refer you to the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Please take particular care reading sections on "Fit for Purpose" and "Repair or Replace" sections.

This really is beginners stuff.

Read 2 Comments

“Topple over with Tripp!”

Written on: 18/09/2017

I bought a Glide Lite cabin 2 wheel suitcase and was horrified to discover the first and only time I used it it kept falling over! I checked some reviews and saw that some other people had found the same problem. As an elderly female had it not been for some helpful people I met on route I don't know how I would have managed. I certainly would not recommend this product… Read Full Review

Thank you for your review.

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had issues with your Glide Lite cabin case.

Although it is a 2 wheel case it should stand up on its own, we have sold the Glide Lite case for around 8 or 9 years and we are not aware of an ongoing issue of this nature. Have you been in touch with customer services about this? If not then please find out details on the Tripp.co.uk website as we are unfortunately unable to post them here. We can then arrange to get the case inspected for you as soon as possible.

I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you and look forward to hearing from you soon to try and get this resolved.

“returns are hopeless”

Written on: 07/09/2017 by goldiemania (1 review written)

I purchased a holdall which was not suitable, I did not like the quality so have been trying to return it, the courier company (Yodel)have not turned up despite staying in all day and only to be told they will reschedule and I will have to stay in another day as they don't give a time slot. Why do they make it so difficult to return items... why cant they do what other companies do and either issue a return label or arrange for drop off centres... Not happy and would not recommend Tripp… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to goldiemania's Review

Written on: 14/09/2017

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having issues returning your item. If you could please get in touch with your order details so that we can escalate this with our courier team. Unfortunately I am unable to post our contact details here but you can find them on the Contact Us page of the Tripp website. You can also return any online order to any Debenhams store with a Tripp concession.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Read 1 Comment

“Case ripped after only being used twice”

Written on: 07/09/2017 by Dugher (1 review written)

We purchased a large soft bodied Tripp case from Debenhams last year. We used it last summer and again this summer and the case is already ripping at the seam. I am very disappointed with this but also concerned because all our luggage is from Tripp as we thought this was a quality brand, and I am now wondering if our other six cases are going to go the same way… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to Dugher's Review

Written on: 07/09/2017

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm very sorry to hear that there's an issue with your case. We do operate a 5 year guarantee in the unlikely event that there is an issue with your product as we are confidant in the strength and durability of our products.

Would you be able to email us over a few images of the case in question so we can assess if it's a manufacturing fault? Unfortunately I am unable to post our contact details here but you can find them on the Contact Us section of the Tripp website.

I look forward to hearing from you soon so we can try and get your issue resolved as soon as possible.

“Tripp rucksack ”

Written on: 03/09/2017 by Cadencei137 (1 review written)

Bought a rucksack from Debenhams for a Devon holiday . Within first few days the zoo had snapped off the pocket at the front.Very disappointed… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/09/2017

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm very sorry to hear that there's been an issue with your product, please be assured that this is not typical of Tripp's usual quality and standards.

If you are able to email us through some images of your rucksack and confirm whether you purchased the case online or in store, we can try and assist you further. You can find our contact details on the Contact Us section of the Tripp website as I am unfortunately unable to post them here.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused by this and look forward to hearing from you soon.

“Not happy ”

Written on: 19/08/2017 by Trevinogs77 (1 review written)

I bought a suitcase last year and spent the money due to the reviews of the suitcases have used twice once last year fine and just now came back and the bottom is cracked at the bottom not impressed as spent the money of a quality cae… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/08/2017

I'm very sorry to hear that there's an issue with your case.

Could you please get in touch with us at Customer Services so we can see whether the issue would be covered under our 5 year guarantee? Our contact details are on the Tripp website.

Please confirm if the item was purchased online or if it was purchased in a Debenhams store? If online, please confirm your order number or delivery postcode so that I can locate your order details. Please also send me through some images of the fault.

If it was purchased in store, please confirm the name of your nearest store and your contact telephone number and I will ask the store to call you to arrange an in store inspection.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and look forward to hearing from you soon.

“Broken Handles”

Written on: 11/08/2017 by parkyno7 (1 review written)

We bought a full set of Tripp suitcases along with two cabin size ones for our children. Two holidays later and the carry handles have snapped on our children's cases. We can't find our receipts for the warranty and there is no way of purchasing replacement handles… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to parkyno7's Review

Written on: 17/08/2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your suitcases.

Although we don't offer a spare parts or repairs service, your cases are covered by a 5 year guarantee. Even without your receipt, we can tell the age of the case from a batch number which is included on a label attached to the lining of the case.

If you could please contact our customer services department, the details of which you will find on the Tripp.co.uk website, I can assist you further with this.

“Poor quality handles”

Written on: 19/06/2017

We bought a Tripp suitcase from Debenhams, at a clearance price. We should have been a bit more cautious. Two "trips" later and the carry handle, not the trolley handle, has snapped off in our hands, as we put it in the overhead locker. Searching for a replacement is a waste of time, with Tripp themselves stating they cannot recommend a suitable site to find a replacement. Managing the suitcase without the handle is extremely awkward, despite trying it on two very long haul flights. Thoroughly… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/06/2017

Thank you for your review regarding your Tripp cases.

Firstly I sincerely apologise that you have had an issue with the handles on your case and secondly that we have been unable to replace the case for you.

Our 5 year guarantee covers all manufacturing issues and this fault would be covered under our guarantee. We are unable to repair or replace spare parts on our cases and so a replacement suitcase would be offered.

If you could get back in touch with us via the Contact us page on the Tripp website, I can try and assist you further with this.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Read 1 Comment

“Appalling quality and fake guarantee”

Written on: 14/06/2017 by 299Snyder (1 review written)

I bought a Tripp hardshell suitcase in January. On it's 2nd trip, it split on one corner. It was fine when it came off the carousel but split afterwards. I returned it to the shop but was told that the guarantee is worthless as Tripp tell customers to claim off the airline. This wasn't damaged by the airline. "Blame the taxi then" she said "There's always someone to blame". I'm blaming Tripp as this was an expensive suitcase and should survive being handled at a airport. Don't waste your… Read Full Review

Thank you for your review.

I'm sorry to hear that your case has been damaged. I'm very sorry for your disappointment and I understand your frustration with this situation.

We operate a 5 year guarantee which covers all manufacturing issues however this does not cover transit damage such as airline damage or general wear and tear. We would always inspect all cases in order to ascertain whether the case would be covered by our guarantee.

Please be assured that we test all of our cases to ensure that they are robust enough to withstand the normal amount of handling expected during transit. It would normally take a huge amount of force to crush, dent or crack one of our cases which is why after an inspection it was deemed not to have been due to a fault with the manufacture of the suitcase.

If you would like to send us over some images of the case by email then I would be more than happy to look at this again for you? Our details can be found on the Tripp website, I am unfortunately unable to post them here.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

“broken handles”

Written on: 01/06/2017 by maggie0303 (1 review written)

We were delighted with our suitcases but had not with the matching hand luggage cases, only used 3 times. We had problems this holiday with not one but both case handles snapped! Now concerned that the suitcases will go the same way!… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to maggie0303's Review

Thank you for your review.

I'm very sorry to about the problem you've had with your cases. We are extremely confidant about the quality and durability of our products which is why we offer our 5 year guarantee.

If you could please get in touch with us either by email or telephone, we can assist you further with your issue. Our details are on our website as we are unfortunately unable to post contact details here.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

“Broken handle ”

Written on: 24/04/2017

I am sitting on plane waiting for take off my cabin TRIPP Case handle broke off as I was coming up the steeps. I nearly fell over the case was not heavy now I have no carry handle at. Not happy… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/04/2017

I'm so sorry to hear that there's an issue with the handle on your case, please be assured that this isn't usual of Tripp's quality and standards.

Could you please email us through some images of the fault or alternatively let me know the name of your nearest Debenhams store and contact number and we will ask the store to call you to arrange an in store inspection.

I'm afraid I'm unable to post our contact details here but you can get them from the website,

I sincerely apologise once again and look forward to hearing from you soon.

“Tripp suitcases”

Written on: 18/12/2016 by petbak02 (1 review written)

I have a Tripp suitcase which I have been fairly happy with.However one of the wheels was broken by bad handling. I contacted Tripp to order a spare wheel and was informed that they do not stock replacement parts but Debenhams sometimes keep parts from cases returned under warranty.So I may or may not get a part at sometime in the future, What a pain! Tripp suitcases are made in China so why can't they oder a few spares each time they make a purchase? For this reason I cannot recommend Tripp… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to petbak02's Review

Written on: 29/12/2016

Thank you for your comments.

I apologise that we were unable to supply you with a spare wheel straight away on this occasion. We do not offer a spare parts or repairs service as part of our service offering I'm afraid. We do operate a 5 year guarantee against all manufacturing issues, however if it is handling damage as indicated in your review, you are able to claim from the travel company. We can assist you with this by providing documentation to advise the product cannot be repaired and the price of a replacement.

We do a variety of different ranges of cases which all have different parts and these do change regularly which would make it difficult to stock all of the parts required. Incorrect fitting of these parts may invalidate the guarantee and so we would usually prefer to replace the cases for you.

I'm sure the store in question have your details on file but if you did wish to email us again using the contact details on our website, we can check again for you.

Petbak02's reply to Trippluggage's Comment

Written on: 30/12/2016

When I telephoned your customer service department the lady I spoke to kindly offered to contact Debenhams Ilford branch to see if they had the part I need, however I have not recieved a reply, of course this could be due to the Christmas period. I cannot make a claim as I damaged the wheel myself as I removed the case from the airport carousel although I do think the wheels should be durable enough to withstand this.
From a consumers point of view your policy of not stocking spare parts is unacceptable. I am just glad you don't sell push bikes!!

Trippluggage's reply to Petbak02's Comment

Written on: 05/01/2017

Please let us know if the Ilford store do not get back in touch so we can chase this up for you. You did say in your first review that it was caused by bad handling in which case I'm sure it was not damaged by you and the airline could not hold you responsible for this. It would definitely be worth investigating their claim policy.
If we do have the spare part we are willing to provide it however this is not part of our standard policy as we will normally replace the case completely if it's a manufacturing fault.

Please let us know if Ilford store are not in touch so we can look into this further for you.

Petbak02's reply to Trippluggage's Comment

Written on: 08/01/2017

I telephoned Debenhams Ilford branch and was advised that Debenhams do not keep parts from items returned under warranty. So it looks as if I will have to dispose of a perfectly good suitcase because Tripp will not supply any parts.

Read 4 Comments

“Handle snapped on cabin case”

Written on: 13/11/2016 by karenw1962 (1 review written)

I purchased a Lime Tripp Cabin Case in June 2015 for my sister-in-laws 30th birthday, after previously buying a cabin and medium case for my daughter, which I have been extremely pleased with. My sister-in-law has just returned from a weekend break, in which the handle snapped off. The case has only been used on a couple of occasions, and certainly not been mishandled. This is extremely disappointing and altered my opinion of Tripp cases… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to karenw1962's Review

Written on: 17/11/2016

Thank you for your review.

I'm very sorry to hear that there's an issue with the handle on your case, please be assured that this isn't typical of Tripp's usual quality and standards.

If you could please contact Tripp Customer Services (you will find the details on our website) so that we can inspect the case and get it swapped under the terms of our 5 year guarantee.

Please confirm if the case was ordered online or in store. If in store, please confirm whether you have the receipt, if online, please supply the order number or delivery postcode so that we can access the details.

If possible, please email us through a few images of the fault as well so that we can assess the issue.

I apologise once again for any inconvenience caused and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Read 1 Comment

“Issues with matching luggage and failure of one”

Written on: 24/10/2016 by AndyMiles (1 review written)

Have bought Tripp luggage before and been happy with them. Last year we renewed our suitcases and after the first use, the zip on one of them failed. We took it back to Debenhams who were happy to replace that one. Unfortunately the previous case was no longer available, so we had to purchase a matching one. Now we are back off holiday and on first use the handle broke on one if the cases. Have been back in store today and they will once again replace the one that is damaged but not the other (… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to AndyMiles's Review

Written on: 27/10/2016

Thank you for your feedback regarding your suitcases.

I'm very sorry to hear that you have had issues with the cases, please be assured that this is in no way typical of Tripp's usual quality and standards.

If you could please contact customer services by email or telephone (the details are on our website as I am unable to post them here) with the details of the products you currently have we will do what we can to assist you.

We do sell our items individually and not as sets and often the colours are seasonal and so change regularly. Our guarantee covers faulty items but not any items that have been purchased to match.

As soon as we receive details of your issue, we will do everything we can to help you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Tripp Customer Services.

“Amazing offers”

Written on: 19/09/2016 by releive (1 review written)

Fantastic offers and great range of cases. Outstanding customer service from the manager. Really recommend a visit you won't be disappointed!… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to releive's Review

Written on: 29/09/2016

Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us. If you could get in touch and confirm the name of the store you went to, I would be happy to forward your feedback on to the store in question. You will find our information on our website under the Contact Us section. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Read 1 Comment

“Suitcases cracked after one use”

Written on: 14/09/2016

Three suitcases, two less than one year old, all the cases have cracked after a couple of uses. We have been advised this is not covered by the guarantee. I would advice not buying this brand, the suitcases will not last and are not good quality… Read Full Review

“Excellent suitcase, but ..”

Written on: 18/07/2016 by amypage (1 review written)

The connection for one of the internal straps has broken, can these be replaced if I take my Tripp suitcase into my nearest Debenhams store in Brighton. I think I've had this suitcase for around 3 years so keen to get it repaired if possible, Thanks… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to amypage's Review

Written on: 28/07/2016

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

We operate a 5 year guarantee on all of our cases so we'd be more than happy to take a look at this for you. If you could contact Customer Services using the contact us page on the Tripp website and send us your contact number, I'll ask the Brighton store to give you a quick call to invite you into store. If there is a fault, we'd be happy to swap the case over for you.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Tripp Customer Services.

Read 1 Comment

“Large Hardshell 4 Wheel Tripp Case Zip Popped on 3rd Use ”

Written on: 24/06/2016 by MillyMolly6 (1 review written)

I purchased a large hard shell 4 wheel Tripp case and on its 3rd use the zip popped. The zip popped by a small amount on a flight out and I managed take off the padlock and zip it back up. But on my return flight I was shocked to see that the zip had popped even more and that my suitcase was open with the contents spilling out! .. Until purchasing this Tripp case I had been using a set of suitcases that I purchased back before 2000. These suitcases have been used loads times and were still… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to MillyMolly6's Review

Written on: 30/06/2016

Thank you for your review.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had an issue with the zip on your case, please be assured that this is not typical of Tripp's usual quality and standards.

We are so confidant in the durability and robustness of our cases that we offer a 5 year manufacturing guarantee on all of our cases.

If you could please contact us confirming whether you purchased your case online or in store, we will be able to assist you further with this. If the case was ordered online, please supply your order number or delivery postcode so we can locate your online order details. You will also need to email us through a few images of the faulty zip so we can confirm the fault and offer you a courier exchange.

If the case was purchased in store, please confirm the PO number of the case (located on a fabric lining attached to the suitcase) so I can confirm what range the case is from and approximately how old it is. Please also confirm the name of your nearest store and your contact number and I will ask the store to call you to arrange an in store inspection.

As I am unable to post our contact details here, please go to the Tripp website and contact us either by telephone or email so we can assist you further with this.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

“Handle snapped”

Written on: 14/06/2016 by Ronniecutler (1 review written)

Purchased set of 3 Tripp suitcases/hand luggage bags in August 2015 from Debenhams in Birmingham. These have only been used once for our summer holiday but this weekend I used the small hand luggage case and as I went to remove it from the car the handle snapped. No force was used and for a top brand like Tripp I would expect more… Read Full Review

Trippluggage's Response to Ronniecutler's Review

Written on: 16/06/2016

Thank you for your review.

We operate a 5 year manufacturing guarantee on all of our cases so we would be happy to look at this for you. Could you please email us with the details of your purchase so we can arrange an inspection in your nearest Debenhams store? Please provide your contact telephone number and we'll ask the Birmingham store to call you to arrange this with you.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Charlotte