Carling Reviews

Carling - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Carling

Carling

“I am not much of a beer drinker but recently I had...”

Written on: 06/07/2013 by Alex_Haley (9 reviews written)

I am not much of a beer drinker but recently I had drink this beer with my friends.What looks like an amazing lager (from the glass) but it's taste is awkward. unfortunately, their iconic, flagship beer is one of their least impressive.

“The worst beer in the world?”

Written on: 25/06/2013 by HerculestheSenegal (1 review written)

A friend who adores this stuff insisted on buying me a pint of it to convince me of its brilliance. It was served very cold which at least dulled its taste a bit. The aggressive metallic attack and thin texture was extremely unpleasant and the vile aftertaste with barely a hint of hops left me completely unable and unwilling to finish it. The overcarbonation and acidic fizziness made it simply one of the worst beers I have ever drunk. Anyone who thinks that this is a quality product clearly has no idea what qualities a good beer should have and probably loves Fosters and US Budweiser too, both equally foul. Luckily, the pub served a great pint of Timothy Taylors Landlord to expunge the memory of this bilge.

“Fresh & Simple”

Written on: 04/06/2013 by breza (3 reviews written)

The secret of understanding Carling lager is putting it in the right perspective. Let's not compare it with belgian masterpieces, or chech pilsners, this beer has only one purpose - to refresh. And it does it with style. It's simple, light, easygoing, perfect for summer heat or football game on TV. Nice design of the bottle and the glass. Shouldn't matter, but it always does. Mass produced, mass adored? Think so! Not so much taste, but the freshness hits the right spot. You'll never think of Coke again...

“This is average refreshing lager, best from the tap...”

Written on: 28/02/2011 by binio (53 reviews written)

This is average refreshing lager, best from the tap during afternoon pub football game. Best served very cold as with most lagers, it has a bit less character than other lagers so I would recommend it for young football fans. Packaging seems bit cheap and does not have that heritage reference which other beers do but perhaps this is not the point of modern lager.

“Good refreshing lager, best from the tap as I found...”

Written on: 19/06/2010 by doug714 (9 reviews written)

Good refreshing lager, best from the tap as I found the cans give it a bit of a metallic after taste, although I notice they brought out a new type of "taste lock" can which may improve their taste. Best served very cold as with most lagers, although it has a bit more character than most mass produced lagers so I would reccomend it.

“best stuff i have ever had ”

Written on: 16/07/2009

best stuff i have ever had

bought it because it was on offer and i aint looked back since,

carling tastes a lot nicer than carlsberg, and its smoother than most of the other stuff.

drink this cold and you wont be dissapointed.. espically on tap, its lovely.

“England should just stick to making Ales. ”

Written on: 28/01/2009 by Originallad (10 reviews written)

England should just stick to making Ales.

This lager has no redeeming features. It's too frothy which seems to cling to your mouth and the aftertaste is metallic.

In my opinion probably one of the worst lagers out there for the price you have to pay.

If however you don't mind / enjoy it, you'd be better off buying supermarkets own lager.

It'll be miles cheaper and taste just as "good"

“Give me Eastern Europe lagers over Carling any day!”

Written on: 25/08/2008

Give me Eastern Europe lagers over Carling any day!

“I like it, but do not love it. I can drink loads and...”

Written on: 04/12/2006 by ajmachg (20 reviews written)

I like it, but do not love it. I can drink loads and not get tipsy (on a good day), which is not all bad, but it can be if you have not got anything else to drink! Carling, like the adverts, do have it Spot On with their lager. However, Carling has that kind of lingering taste to it that you can't get rid of, and it also makes you hungry very quickly which can lead to being fat very quickly! Never mind the beer belly that you thought you got rid of a month ago!

Carling should be enjoyed as a one-off sociable drink, not an everyday drink, as you will go off it, without any questions asked. Carling, I have to say, must take pride in their beer, as I have not had a bad pint yet, and to think all the pubs I have been in! :D

9/10

Remember... Drink responsibly... ;)
From AJ ;)

Carlh's Response to ajmachg's Review

Written on: 06/12/2006

Good review. I totally agree with you about Carling.

252776_Anonymous101's Response to ajmachg's Review

Written on: 14/02/2007

Carling is not my first choice either, but it is a reliable staple of the beer world.

177005_Chris N's Response to ajmachg's Review

Written on: 15/01/2007

It's not my first choice beer, but if it's on offer then I'll happily take a couple of pints. Great review!

Read 3 Comments

“I am a keen follower of Carling lager, and I tend to...”

Written on: 23/06/2006 by davecook (2 reviews written)

I am a keen follower of Carling lager, and I tend to enjoy this most evenings over dinner, or just for a couple of sociable beverages. The flavour is slightly fruity, although not overpowering, and it can be a perfect accompaniment to most meals, especially chicken and vegetable pies and chicken Kiev's. It's got a very smooth taste, and it is very easy to drink. I would say it is a far superior beer to it's competitors at this level, such as Carlsberg, and even it's more stronger counterparts.

“Carling Beer a bit mass-produced, but it's rare to get...”

Written on: 15/07/2005 by terrier (20 reviews written)

Carling Beer a bit mass-produced, but it's rare to get a truly bad pint of this. It's generally good without being outstanding, and usually fairly good value.