The Descent Reviews

The Descent - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for The Descent

The Descent

“The Descent is absolutely terrifying. The...”

Written on: 24/10/2007 by hentschellm (1 review written)

The Descent is absolutely terrifying. The claustrophobic scenes make this the scariest movie I've ever seen since I am claustrophobic. One of the best horror movies ever made. Alien is better but not scarier. The Thing is better but not as scary. Every movie has its negatives but I can look past those on this movie. The best horror film in at least 20 years. 9/10… Read Full Review

“When I watched The Descent for the first time I had no...”

Written on: 03/01/2007 by viking06 (52 reviews written)

When I watched The Descent for the first time I had no expectations of it, as I hadn't heard of it before. So I was quite happy to sit and watch it with my house mates and up until an hour in it didn't really seem particularly scary, slightly eerie but nothing more, them BAM! I don't scream at horror films but this one just creeps right up on you! Frightened the life out of me!
It's based upon a group of women, who after one of them suffers a tragedy they decided to reunite on a caving… Read Full Review

306296_Liam Miles's Response to viking06's Review

Written on: 22/08/2007

I agree with this review because...it does do exactly what it says its a typical British horror film-plenty of gore,lots of scares.Highly Recommended!

Read 1 Comment

“The Descent is a horror film, and it scared the hell...”

Written on: 24/07/2006 by imreviewing (1 review written)

The Descent is a horror film, and it scared the hell out of me! I'd never heard of The Descent, so when I agreed to watch it I had no expectations of it at all, and for the first half an hour or so it's fine; setting the scene as you get to know the characters etc., then out of nowhere BAM! I screamed so loud I gave myself a headache, and I'm not one to jump at scary films, but as terrified as I was I did enjoy it!

I was that scared by my first ordeal of watching it I won't put myself through… Read Full Review

“The trailer for The Descent did not do the film...”

Written on: 10/08/2005 by Original (7 reviews written)

The trailer for The Descent did not do the film justice, but I'm quite grateful for this as I went expecting very little. I was therefore pleasantly surprised to watch one of the best recent horror films I've seen. As was already said, it doesn't get right to the action, however there was some decent character building. Especially for a horror film. Once they make the Decent into the cave though it really gets going, building tension, and beginning a truly frightening experience for the… Read Full Review

“When I saw the Descent I first thought it was going to...”

Written on: 22/07/2005 by Liam thomas (31 reviews written)

When I saw the Descent I first thought it was going to be one of those movies that just isnt scary - like a slaher movie. I was wrong. The story starts of with a group of friends white water rafting which shows us that they are thrill seekers. We are then shown the women meeting up in the middle of nowhere to have an innocent pot holing trip. The group face their first problem when the only tunnel leading out collapses. The girls are then left with the only option of moving forward and hoping… Read Full Review