Suzuki GSF 650S Bandit Reviews

Suzuki GSF 650S Bandit - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Suzuki GSF 650S Bandit

“Great motorbike ”

written by AmyDodd on 07/02/2016

Supper stylish and engine is so powerful , great efficiency.

“Great Motorcycles”

written by Finlay7Barry on 17/01/2016

Great Motorcycles , great control and style.My 1st bikes and i like to drive it most time.

“Maybe mines broken?”

written by TwistedHelix on 18/01/2014

I technically have the GSX650F, but it is an identical bike with a few plastic fairings slapped on and considering my review is about the mechanicals, it is for all intents and purposes the same bike. The bike is hailed by many, including MCN as smooth. Mine runs jittery, blobbily, and spluttery. I have taken it to Suzuki, they go for a ride and come back saying " Very smooth! You have a goodun here! " ....Right...Weird, because it feels like it's going to stall all the time, and the accel/decel is snappy as if brakes are being applied full blast. It's heavy, 250kg with full fuel tank and oil to be exact. Manually removing it from my drive is extremely difficult, and I should mention I am 6ft 14 stone 7lbs and a keen weightlifter and find it bloody knackering! Fuel economy isn't that good. Essentially the bikes weight just means more petrol is needed to get it moving, compared to lighter bikes with identical sized engines (like the SV650) Rusts like mad even with anti rust products (good ones too like ACF50, which is £25 a bottle and used on military jets!) Steering sometimes feels weird, again, had professionals look over it top to bottom and they say its a cracking example of the GSX650F. If that is the case, I am far from impressed. I came up from a Yamaha YZF R125 which ran smooth as butter. A 125 ran smoother than a 650. I find this bizarre because Suzuki do make good products, I know they do, but this one, for me personally, falls short considerably of my expectations. Reliable machine, but getting used to it's stuttery acceleration and deceleration took some time getting used to.

“Great all round bike”

written by Penjoe on 11/11/2013

Normally have larger bikes, Gsxr1000, VTRs 1000 etc but have been out cycling for a couple of years when my 2006 oil cooled model came up for sale through a friend of a friend. It wasn't what I was looking for but the bike was like new having only covered 897 miles! I snapped the guys hand off and took it home, what a surprise it turned out to be, decent handling, strong engine,roomy very very smooth, only criticism is the seat becomes uncomfortable after less than two hours for me. I use the bike for sunny days out with friends that have larger bikes and we are never left behind, I am thinking of changing for something bigger as my daughter has got the bug, so I am two up a lot. If it wasn't for this reason I would keep the bandit as it really is enough for the average road rider, great bike.

“Fantastic all round bike”

written by Wiggy2205 on 23/04/2012

I bought my GSF650SA a little over 2 years ago and have covered just under 11k. I had restricted access first if all so had the free restriction kit Suzuki offered and was impressed by the bike in every way. Since taking the restriction off, its like a brand new bike, the acceleration is great and you can use all it's got to offer. Changed the can for a Beowolf and the sound is throaty. I use my bike every day to and from work, and for leisure if i dont have to ferry the kids around. The only downside I can say, is I think I need my 3rd set of tyres very soon, although I think this is due to the acceleration I use, rather than the bike itself :-)

Gapingarsehole's Response to Wiggy2205's Review

Written on: 19/11/2012

Dont like the new watercooled version i have one at present as a courtesy bike . It feels strained at anything over 70mph and vibey , the standard can is stupidly large . Quite why they have a 650 bike with a mere 86bhp is beyond me when most of the competition have over 100bhp . Much preferred the aircooled carbed version which was less jerky and although less powerful at 77bhp had a smoother feel about it . The only thing i like on the new 2012 model is the gear indicator which was always needed on the earlier bike .

“The best bike I've ever owned”

written by sb5917 on 18/04/2012

I bought his bike 2 years ago and since then i've put 3000 mile on the clock and had a faultless experience. The bike is smooth to ride and take corners with ease. I got a bight red one with Frank Thomas gear to match. This bike is perfect for summer evening blasts and the daily commute alike. If you can afford this mid range bike then you should go for it. I though it was good value for money and it's a bike that looked after well will last a life time.

“Bought my 650s new at a bargain price. Bike was...”

written by kirkbyi on 20/03/2011

Bought my 650s new at a bargain price. Bike was restricted and first big bike - for a beginner it didn't feel slow at all. Have toured on it restricted very comfortable and
lots of luggage room one up. It is heavy to push but light as soon as moving -nice and planted - but this also means I now have confidence to handle almost any size bike so it worked as a trainer. Now unrestricted and much more fun. Used most days as a commuter and for weekend ride outs - I certainly don't need anything faster. Now have Bridgestone BT21's fitted - very reassuring - turn in and grip better.
I can't compare the suspension as not ridden any comparable bikes in anger but have adjusted it to stiffer which improved turn in for me.
Would recommend as first big bike.
Has been very reliable and dealer is excellent (Salitre).
Have high screen and heated grips fitted - helps for touring, mirror extenders for commuting, hugger and extenda for muck.
Fairing works well and deflect wind and rain.
I like the upright riding position.
Don't like the quality of some fittings - I ride all year and rust needs to be kept on top of - however does not seem worse than last Honda I had.

“Not had my 650 bandit S long but long enough to know...”

written by siataukreg on 04/12/2010

Not had my 650 bandit S long but long enough to know its a cracker of a bike been riding since 1970 and had many bikes from scooters to goldwings started out on lambrettas passed my test on a 75cc vega had six wings three pan euros but at my age decided to get something smaller and more importantly lighter also have a guzzi griso 1200 8v so not gone totaly light anyway getting back to the suzi its a great bike for a beginner you could teach someone how to ride on it its that good i am not a wet weather rider so it wont get much use till spring always loved suzuki bikes and had quite a few of them this is my second bandit also had GT 750 GN 400 GSX 250T GSX 400T (x3) GS450 600 Bandit 250 hustler and probably more which i cant bring to mind at the mo.

“the wonderfull motorcycle, its perfect to go anywhere....”

written by on 25/11/2010

the wonderfull motorcycle, its perfect to go anywhere. I love this machine!

Guest's Comment

Written on: 25/08/2011

Bought my red '09' Bandit for everyday use, commuting etc (ex demo' bike with just over a thou' on the clocks).
Absolutely love the bike, great handling,good comfort, creamy smooth engine with plenty of power and linear delivery, in fact i think it's the smoothest bike engine i've known in thirty five years of motorcycling! amazing for a budget commuter bike!
I tend to use it more of a weekend now for rideouts etc than my tuned Hayabusa so that's saying something!
Just keep it regulary washed (especially in winter!) and everything polished and sprayed up to protect the metal parts as with any jap bike and you'll love it (handy charge point for mobiles etc in the l/h fairing compartment as well!)
Great,Great bike, well done Mr Suzuki!

“This is my first time on a large bike since my honda...”

written by SHIPPO on 01/11/2010

This is my first time on a large bike since my honda 250 s/dream i must say i am very impressed with the performance i feel safe on this bike and i think this is a good starting off reliable performance bike it is low on insurance good value for money and also turns heads i have just run this bike in so now i can start to open it up a bit i must say still very impressed no problem with engine power and torque it will run at 80 mile per hour at ease at 80 the engine is still very quiet what else can i say i still smile to myself evertime i go for a run.Before i bought my bike i think it would have been a good idea to take other bikes for a test run. My bike is a 650 SUZUKI BANDIT K9

“after 3 years riding still love it same as when i...”

written by on 01/05/2010

after 3 years riding still love it same as when i bought it great value for money .starts first time .good for touring 2 up or a blast to coast and back.handles well and plenty of grunt

“My GSF 1250 Bandit is the best thing since sliced...”

written by on 08/01/2010

My GSF 1250 Bandit is the best thing since sliced bread. Why you may ask? Well I am an ex-motocrosser expert level, I also do regular track days on one of my GSX-r 750's but when I am at work all I think about is my bandit and rideouts with my friends, because unlike the crosser it soaks up the bumps and unlike my gixxers it is comfortable. Things I like about the Bandit. It takes off like a crosser and is ez for stunts, For fast road riding it has plenty of speed but without all the gear changing. My point is that no matter what you want to do or where you want to go, all you have to do is ride it however you want. It can handle it all. Oh yeah and mods are plentiful.

“I've only been running my '06 Bandit (suzuki gsf 650s)...”

written by on 09/08/2009

I've only been running my '06 Bandit (suzuki gsf 650s) for a couple of months and i'm already convinced i will not be selling it for a long time.

Good points:
> comfortable riding position (i'm used to cruiser style bekes and had no problem adjusting).
> Excellent throttle reaction, the slightest twist and you feel the power coming on immediately,
> Excellent sound, definitly a head turner.
> Good handling in town or on open road at any speed but i do find it likes to live high up the revs which can sound like you're just about to take off, not too good when the police are about.

Bad points:
> This is more a personal thing but I think the nose cowl/windscreen and undertray are terrible looking but can be easily removed and a tail tidy fitted.

All in all a good lookin fun bike to ride.

“Bought my bandit 650s oil cooled new feb 2007. Only...”

written by on 15/07/2009

Bought my bandit 650s oil cooled new feb 2007. Only used it on long trips eg: touring motorcycle heaven the South Island of New Zealand. Good torque, comfy upright riding for touring and rolling on and off the throttle in top a problem. Returning 20km to the litre giving approx 400km range. Good view from the mirrors and easy low speed manouverability. Had it up to 200km/h on a few occaisions very stable. Top gear overtaking a breeze very flexible engine. 100km/h @ 5000rpm . Bum gets sore after 2hour riding but 10minute rest fixes that. Bike came standard with a free lower fairing installed a deal offered for a while here in NZ cost 11500 nz dollars (approx 4000 English pounds). My brother has the water cooled 1250 but i'n not convinced i need one. Still having too much fun on the 650

“The Suzuki GSF 650S Bandit is a good all round bike...”

written by Martin Millott on 02/07/2009

The Suzuki GSF 650S Bandit is a good all round bike which doesn't give you any nasty moments even in very bad weather riding. Be it 650 or 1200 the fuel 7,000. Very stable and easy to control. Good brakes and gearbox. Engine is not over noisy even on long runs.

“Brilliant bike. Suzuki GSF 650S Bandit is the ideal...”

written by dean plumber on 08/06/2009

Brilliant bike. Suzuki GSF 650S Bandit is the ideal 1st bike for anyone. Male/female. The engine is perfectly balanced and handles like a dream. Ride height, comfortable, unisex, low maintenance, will not throw you off for opening up the throttle, very forgivable.

“have owned a Suzuki GSF 650S Bandit0 for almost a year...”

written by tiny1 on 04/06/2009

have owned a Suzuki GSF 650S Bandit0 for almost a year now what can i say, it dose what it says on the box. Every time you get on the bike it just gives you the grin factor and nothing else matters, no matter how bad your day has been. Had mine lowered by the shop easy to ride great two up throttle response is good from low down in top pulls all the way up through the range no trouble easy to ride only problem numb bum after about 1hr on the bike pillion fine.

“Having owned my Suzuki GSF 650S Bandit for a year and...”

written by on 28/05/2009

Having owned my Suzuki GSF 650S Bandit for a year and a bit and done 9700 miles on it have loved it easy to ride and plenty torque for a blast round the twistys or round town, only gripe i have with it is the rate it wears tyres because of its weight have been through 2 fronts and 4 rears in my year of owning it have stuck to bridgestones as reccomended by suzuki but feel they are too soft for its bulky weight so i am now running on pilot road 2`s now and they have given it a new lease of life its more responsive in the corners and gets the power down to the road smoother would reccomend this bike to anyone have already pre ordered the new 1250 gt which i am eagerly awaiting delivery but will not be parting with my 650 its gettin passed to other half who loves it as much as i do.

“First gear for a learner driver is a bit of an eye...”

written by antosarmy on 25/05/2009

First gear for a learner driver is a bit of an eye opener. I own a 2005 Suzuki 650 GSF model and to be honest when I drive it, I cannot wait to get out of first gear.

Everything else is fantastic. She growls instead of wails and she is the most comfortable bike on the market to ride. The GSF model has six gears but is still slower than the S model.

I have found that she always wants to give more and the bike doesn't like it whe one eases off on the throttle. It remains a nice drive but its engine braking comes in with a thud and it slows you down very quick. This is a good thing of course and just adds to the love one may feel for this machine.

“Liked the Suzuki GSF Bandit in the dealership, looked...”

written by on 06/05/2009

Liked the Suzuki GSF Bandit in the dealership, looked good, rode well, got a good deal ... and £400 from Suzuki. Looks good after a year, not any rust spots but it has been garaged and treated well. Solid on the road, easy to handle at speed. New water-cooled engine is smooth with no noticable fuelling problems. Pulls well in all gears, acceleration is good. Despite claims to the contrary, the bike is quite tall. Trawl the internet for instructions before paying a dealer to lower the seat. Wide seat and the position of the pegs means legs are more 'A' shape than 'II', when feet are on the ground. Fuel economy is not great but only ran it for a year and 2500 miles. In my opinion the most serious problem is the weight of the 'bike, not helped by the high centre of gravity. Manoeuvring is difficult, and unlikely that a fall will be averted once it's underway. Residual values not great.