Panda Oriental Buffet, Sunderland Reviews

• Quality of food

Panda Oriental Buffet, Sunderland - Ask a question now

“bug in my food”

written by Lyonscp313 on 08/05/2018

ate today and found a bug in my food manager said its not a abug bit will give 10% discount rubbish!!! will not eat again so please be careful

“GO GO GO!”

written by Smile20 on 16/01/2013

Have been going here for about 5 years, Would reccomend this any day of the week, Been here for a family meal and a birthday meal for up to 15 and sometimes just with my partner, Very helpful and the food is great value. Can't complain you get what you pay for!!

“Disgrace!”

written by Staf600 on 15/02/2012

Never going back! I went in with a baby and only after I started eating did they decide to inform me that I’d be charged for the baby as well! Had I known beforehand I would of just walked out. They done exactly the same to the lady sitting across from me. They’re going to lose a lot of custom if they keep on doing that.

“Average Buffet Restaurant ”

written by on 07/10/2011

It was a basic buffet type Chinese restaurant with cheap food and high priced drinks. The food was too salty and made me very thirsty. Some of the food was a little dry and tasteless but a few things were tasty. I asked one of the waitresses how long she had been working there and was told that she didn't work there and that she was training without pay and without being trained and might not get the job. So be nice to your waiters and waitresses as they may be working for free. For this reason I wouldn't recommend them.

“ I drive all the way from North Yorkshire for a...”

written by on 06/02/2011

I drive all the way from North Yorkshire for a 'day out' in Sunderland. I first discovered The Panda restaurant back in 2004. I would go up to watch my team and, was recommended this place by fellow season ticket holders. Not just the local 'Machem's' but, supporters from all over.
There is a wide range of freshly cooked dishes. I recommend the huge green lipped muscles.
Sunderland's coastline is a wonderful place to go afterwards. The fresh sea air is the perfect way to help digest the beautiful food that is served at The Panda. Even in the rain!

“The quality of the food wasn't the best i have...”

written by on 22/11/2010

The quality of the food wasn't the best i have tatsted, it was ok. It is very child friendly but the service is not very good. I did not like how close together the tables were and how much noise there was. It is not somewhere I would go I wanted a quiet night out, it is far too loud for relaxing. The food was nice but very sickly, it was very good the different varieties off different food. You are getting your money's worth here. I would of liked to known that the atmosphere is very loud because it was not my kind of night out I had in mind. Overall i give Panda Oriental Buffet 3.5/5 not that great as i expected.

“I absolutely love eating here, it has great food and...”

written by on 17/11/2010

I absolutely love eating here, it has great food and because it's all you can eat it's great value for money. I would come here everyday to eat if I could afford.

It is easily my favourite place to eat and I come here every chance I get, their egg fried rice it to die for. It is absolutely amazing... More than once I have simply just got a plate of egg fried rice :)

There's nothing at panda's which I don't like, the only thing I've had trouble with is confusion with the staff regarding drinks but other than that absolutely nothing.

I would definately recommend this restaurant to everyone I know :)

xox

“Loved this place, it was the cat's wiskers ;-)”

written by on 15/11/2010

Loved this place, it was the cat's wiskers ;-)

“It is a very good place to eat in sunderland, plenty...”

written by on 10/06/2010

It is a very good place to eat in sunderland, plenty of food to eat, and the price is bargain!

“it was nice the first time i went. there is only a...”

written by on 28/08/2009

it was nice the first time i went. there is only a couple ov times when i thought it wasnt up to standard. i would definatly recommend it to people. i especially love the chicken curry and the chicken balls. what i dont like is there prawn crackers and im a big fan ov them normally. i think panda has a lot to choose from but i think you should recommend the duck during the day as when a went on a nite it was offerd. i think it is worht the money you pay a would defiatley go back infact i think i will be paying a visit tonight!!!!

“i thaught Panda Oriental Buffet was bludy loverly ,...”

written by on 26/06/2009

i thaught Panda Oriental Buffet was bludy loverly , loads to choose from , great survice.

“Panda is the best buffet to be made, i was gutted...”

written by Carl Burns on 10/06/2009

Panda is the best buffet to be made, i was gutted before when the rumours it was going to close but its sitll there, ithink im there every month sometimes like 3 or 4 times in a month and we have competitions and that, its mint crack, we thought simon the man in the suit had gone but hes back must of been for holiday or visit home or summt , its THE BESTTT

“The Panda is the greatest buffet restaurant ever made....”

written by Paul Prawn Crackers on 10/06/2009

The Panda is the greatest buffet restaurant ever made. We are blessed by the chinese to have such a gracious buffet. Everything about the Panda is amasing, the food, the service, the price, the surroundings, the people, the eyes.... EVERYTHING.

“The panda is absolutly fantastic a simply brilliant...”

written by fredhousego on 10/06/2009

The panda is absolutly fantastic a simply brilliant place to be all the feel of China in a restraunt in sunderland. The staff are as friendly as they come and all are hard working likeable people. You are alwyas meeted and greeted with a smile and it is a good place to go with friends or family.

“Panda Oriental Buffet is easy and pleasant dining even...”

written by jeanhamer on 16/04/2009

Panda Oriental Buffet is easy and pleasant dining even with children. worth queuing for. pleasant staff, lots of delicious tastebud tingling items of food.

“EXCELLENT! Panda Oriental Buffet is very very clean...”

written by lynnbriggs on 25/03/2009

EXCELLENT! Panda Oriental Buffet is very very clean and the food was the best I've had in this country. The chicken curry was fantastic and all the food on offer was of the highest quality.

“I really enjoy my family meals out at Panda,...”

written by rachii on 26/02/2009

I really enjoy my family meals out at Panda, Sunderland, no matter the occasion its always Panda we chose to go to, staff are friendly and very helpful. The Oriental Buffet food is always fresh, you see them putting fresh food out at all times, I found it to be good value for money, and its very tasty.

“The food atPanda Oriental Buffet is absolutely...”

written by paulm2009 on 07/02/2009

The food atPanda Oriental Buffet is absolutely excellent. Every time i have been i have always had a good experience :).
The price is very good for what you can get out of it. Its all you can eat so how can you complain.
There is plenty to choose from such as vegetarian dishes and meat dishes. I haven't really experienced any bad problems.
Only thing is if you get seated upstairs you have to come down stairs to get your food, that is only bad point about Panda. Brilliant staff, very helpful
Good service
Worth the money

“They are Chinese, the dishes are superb, I don't like...”

written by ljmufc on 19/01/2009

They are Chinese, the dishes are superb, I don't like chinese food so i eat the english options as well , good value for money too. i love THE PANDA, and the waiters too!!!!!!

“I love the Panda, the dishes are smashing and the...”

written by jackie chan on 25/09/2008

I love the Panda, the dishes are smashing and the staff are really cool. Mostly the dishes are chicken based but i love chicken! I would recommend this to anyone. The Panda is the place to be.