Bowburn Tandoori, Bowburn Reviews

• Quality of food

Bowburn Tandoori, Bowburn - Ask a question now

“Wat a rubbish buisness”

written by 496Moreno on 06/06/2023

Ordered from here to wingate they cancelled order because they couldn't be arsed deliver that far why advertise your rubbish business if you can't fulfil your obligations

“Shockingly Bad”

written by on 02/11/2012

After 40 plus years of eating at Curry Houses all over the UK we decided through laziness to try this one which was effectively on our doorstep. One reviewer enthusiastically stated that it was a great restaurant! He must have been a heavy smoker or constantly had flue to find this garbage acceptable. This same guy has obviously never tried anywhere else , as Bowburn Tandoori Centre takes bland food and tardy service to an entirely new level. SPECTACULARLY AVERAGE! Waiting an hour to have this junk prepared was not a good experience. If you are local, get in your car and drive to South Shields where any of the Restaurants will provide a sit down 3 course meal for around £7 per head and it will be delicious owing to the competition on Ocean Road. I am not a professional complainer but if you are looking for a tasty, spicy meal why not buy a Pot Noodle as undoubtedly it can not be worse than this. RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“I eat here a few times a month, Fair enough its on the...”

written by on 30/04/2011

I eat here a few times a month, Fair enough its on the doorstep but it truly is a hidden gem. amazing food and freindly staff make this the best Indian Restraunt Ive ever been to. try it. You wont be dissapointed.

“Having read reviews claiming Bowburn tandoori is...”

written by on 04/01/2011

Having read reviews claiming Bowburn tandoori is delicious and the best Indian they've ever tasted, I convinced my family to go here instead of our usual Indian. It didn't even compare - the curries were bland and watery, tasted of pretty much nothing, small portions etc I would not recommend and won't be going back!

“BOWBURN TANDOORI...is a sleeping giant! I recently...”

written by on 15/12/2010

BOWBURN TANDOORI...is a sleeping giant! I recently visited Durham City on business, I asked a traffic warden (of all people!) where I would find the most enjoyable indian meal, his response was that its a 5 minute taxi ride out of the city centre to 'BOWBURN TANDOORI' but well, well worth it!
I was not dissapointed, it was terrific, the service superb and I even got a lift back into the city afte my meal from the owner of the restaraunt (MAX!)
I cant wait to go back, JANUARY!!
You must try BOWBURN TANDOORI....AWESOME!

“I use this as my main indian takeaway. The service is...”

written by on 30/11/2010

I use this as my main indian takeaway. The service is consistently excellent and those working at the restaurant are always polite. The prices are reasonable. The food is generally very good. The degree of spiciness suits me very well. The time taken to produce the food is good and the expected time for collection is accurate. Their specialities are well worth the experience. If I had critisisms, they would be that there is no option for a low-oil meal and also it is not always easy to determine what is inside each container as the writing is not clear. Perhaps printed labels would be helpful.

“Awesome food and lovely service by staff... You can...”

written by on 29/10/2010

Awesome food and lovely service by staff... You can sit inside or take away. if you want Quality of food, enjoy your night, I will suggest you to go there. They are very clean, tidy and friendly as well. Tandoori Mixed grill, Oh no!!! its awesome. If you wanna get something special, just order chief special. I can confirm you, you are not wasting your money. Reasonable price and Quality food other name is Bowburn tandoori. Thanks Max and all staff...!!!

“I have been eating at this establishment for over 15...”

written by on 05/10/2010

I have been eating at this establishment for over 15 years, my job takes me all over europe, and my favourite 'eat out' is Indian, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT THE STANDARD BARER OF INDIAN CUISINE WOULD BE FOUND IN BOWBURN?
I strongly urge you to try Bowburn TANDOORI, It is value for money, clean and the food is soooooooo good ( and addictive!)
The house speciality is a Tandoori mixed grill, I dont care who you are, if you are starving and love Chicken Tikka, Lamb tikka, Tandoori king prawns, shish kebab and the finest mixed onion and pepper...THIS IS IT !
a REAL 'BUTTON LOOSENER'!
Thank you Max and the staff...awesome!

“i have been sampling the delights of this...”

written by on 24/08/2009

i have been sampling the delights of this establishment for many years,& have yet to find another to match it.i am quite fussy when it comes to eating out & am not easy pleased,but have been more than satisfied on every visit.well done to all concerned in running this restuarant!!!i have tried everything from bhaji to biryani,fantastic,massala to madras,hmm,there is also a varied wine list to choose from or cider,beer,lager or of course ice cold cobra.if,when you are perusing the varied menu you need to know what a meal consists of the staff are more than willing to answer all of your questions,even adapt the meal to your liking,no problem.once again i cannot recommend bowburn tandoori high enough for a family,friends or romantic meal out. try it and see for yourselves,you will not be disappointed,believe me.

“Both as takeaway and sit down I've had some great...”

written by on 24/08/2008

Both as takeaway and sit down I've had some great meals in Bowburn Tandoori, and a recent take away (Balti) was the best Indian food I've had in at least the last five years - including meals in London and the North West. Their Rogan Josh and Balti dishes are superb. The quality of Chicken Tikka and it's preparation are tip-top.