Laganas, Apollo Apartments Reviews

Laganas, Apollo Apartments - Ask a question now

“I went with my boyfriend, and had a fab holiday at...”

Written on: 10/10/2005 by keighley (1 review written)

I went with my boyfriend, and had a fab holiday at Apollo Apartments. I agree with all the comments posted although some may be exagerated slightly.
It was dirty, miles from anywhere and well the story of the shootings is enough to put the frightners on anyone not to mention the fact that its over run with cats and huge mosquitos.The non English speaking owners were amusing (irratating at times) we always wondered how long they'd been married because all they did was bicker. Van was great… Read Full Review

Tartantubbie2's Response to keighley's Review

Written on: 12/10/2005

I'm amazed that you had such a wonderful time in the apollo but I must state that I have not exagerated anything in my review . To be honest I could have been a lot harsher but felt that the horrors I could have listed would have taken all day to type! We were lucky enough to escape any serious injury and did not have our apartment broken into. We have kept in touch with many of the dissatisfied holiday makers that had the misfortune to stay in this complex and were glad to hear that the Apollo has been taken off of Thomas Cook's brochure for the coming year. If this was your idea of a fantastic holiday may I suggest that you try downtown Beruit for your next excursion as I'm sure you must thrive on adrenalin and danger.

Tartantubbie2's Response to keighley's Review

Written on: 14/10/2005

You'll be glad to hear that this will be my final comment. I asked the travel agent ,Thomas Cook and previous visitors to the resort and was told that it was an ideal location. Unfortunately things can change a lot in a year. We did enjoy the rest of the island but how can you relax in the middle of a firing range?

The Daddy's Response to keighley's Review

Written on: 14/10/2005

Having stayed at the Apollo in June, this little argument interests me. Tartan Tubster, you strike me as being a bit of a drama queen, you also strike me as not being the brightest.
<br>
<br>To quote you: 'I took great care to ensure we were not going to be in a resort that was aimed at the young and lively' - In what way did you take care? By NOT reading the holiday brochure? NOT speaking to your travel agent? NOT reading the newspapers! NOT doing your research on the internet??
<br>
<br>Any of these sources, if you'd bothered to check, would have told you that Laganas is precisely for the young and lively! So I have little sympathy for you. As for comparing Laganas to Beirut, I take it you have led a rather sheltered existence.
<br>
<br>I gave the Apollo a good review, bearing in mind it was a very cheap holiday and we had a very good time, Ok so it's not the Hilton, but for £200 I thought we got value for money.
<br>
<br>I'm with keighley on this one, I think you don't know how to have a good time, but it's YOUR holiday you've wasted by moaning. You should have hauled yourself off the complex during the days and nights if you hated it so much. I definitely think a Saga holiday is beckoning for you next summer.......

Keighley's Response to keighley's Review

Written on: 13/10/2005

Excuse me tartantubie I stayed at The Apollo at the same time as you. And yes we did have a fantastic holiday. I have already agreed with your comments but I'm sorry we enjoyed our holiday because we made the best of a bad situation and didn't sit and complain about every god given aspect for two weeks. I suppose it has a lot to do with personality and being able to have home made fun. Maybe you should take yourself off to an retirement village and holiday there in future (I have a feeling this is much more up your street).

Read 4 Comments
☆☆☆☆☆

“We stayed at the Apollo Apartments in Zakynthos in...”

Written on: 01/10/2005 by rockyblue (1 review written)

We stayed at the Apollo Apartments in Zakynthos in September 2005. I would not recommend these to anyone. The rooms are a disgrace! On arrival they were dirty, and the walls full of squashed mosquitoes, and the screen on the balcony was torn so this was no use at all.
To the back of the apartment were chicken/Hen pens directly outside the back of your room, and the smell was terrible, not to mention the noise! They would wake you at an early hour. If it wasn't the chickens it was the hotels… Read Full Review

Michele123456's Response to 212199_rockyblue's Review

Written on: 22/03/2008

I agree with this review because... it was an absolute disgrace!!!!!! not ONE good thing about the Apollo apartments but a million bad ones

Read 1 Comment
☆☆☆☆☆

“On arrival our original room at the Apollo Apartments...”

Written on: 21/09/2005 by tartantubbie2 (1 review written)

On arrival our original room at the Apollo Apartments was filthy. Blood was smeared across the bathroom walls, the bed linen and towels were marked and stained. Both mosquito screens were torn and therefore useless. The cooker did not work and there was no crockery or cutlery. The door to the room was not secure, even when locked we only had to push against it to gain entry. We were eventually moved to the rooms across from the main block and although they were more secure and slightly… Read Full Review

“After just returning from the Apollo Apartments in...”

Written on: 15/06/2005 by The Daddy (70 reviews written)

After just returning from the Apollo Apartments in Laganas I must say that although these apartments are far from luxurious, we still had a great holiday.

En route to the Apollo, you may become alarmed, just as it appears your heading into the resort centre, the coach driver will hang a right and travel for a few minutes down a virtually derelict country lane which takes you into the middle of nowhere - welcome to the Apollo!

When visiting Greece, especially on a budget holiday, you expect… Read Full Review