AA Car Insurance Reviews - www.theaa.com

AA Car Insurance www.theaa.com - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for AA Car Insurance www.theaa.com

AA Car Insurance www.theaa.com

“Appalling customer service - DO NOT BUY AA CAR...”

Written on: 23/05/2019 by falsus (1 review written)

DO NOT TAKE OUT VEHICLE INSURANCE WITH THE AA. Another vehicle hit mine whilst they were reversing. The driver admitted liability, so this should have been simple for the AA to deal with you might think...think again!! I have spent hours on the phone trying to get through to the AA, and been passed around. Appalling service. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time sorting out the repairs to my car, dealing with the underwriters, dealing with Claimfast; including responding to their request… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to falsus's Review

Written on: 24/05/2019

Hi we're sorry to hear about your experience following the need to make a claim. Please continue to liaise with the claim team directly who're best placed to help. On completion of the claim please raise your concerns with our Customer Care team who will conduct a full investigation.

Falsus's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 28/05/2019

Not good enough AA. I rang the AA again; but having been messed around so much previously; went through to their complaints dept. I was a little surprised to discover the AA's complaints number is answered by the broker not the AA's own staff. However, this was to my advantage, I was speaking to someone who listened, who knew the correct course of action, and then did what no-one had bothered to do before, sorted it! He contacted the underwriters, he called me back very promptly to confirm an email had been sent to the garage informing them the excess had been waived, (which should have happened in the first instance), and that he was sending, me, an email confirming these actions, and would be forwarding my complaint; regarding my treatment by the AA; to the relevant person/dept to be investigated. I really wish I could tell you the person's name but, for obvious reasons, we can't put names on here. But, "BL" you were brilliant, and I am very grateful for your help. Please AA speak to this person and get them to train your staff.
If I was reviewing his actions it would be
AA – you are Absolutely Appalling!!!

“Renewing a policy”

Written on: 20/03/2019 by hku1 (1 review written)

I spoke with the person I dealt with and I had a few questions about the policy and she was polite and wonderful at helping. I did have to wait about 5 minutes before reaching anyone but hey. I had a good call and got the answers that I needed. Within seconds the policy was updated and everything was done… Read Full Review

“Stay away from them”

Written on: 28/09/2018 by Blessy (12 reviews written)

I had to make a claim due to vandalism where one man keyed my car, and then came back a few hours later caught on camera doing it again. AA decided that they will make this 2 claims and so I have to pay 2 lots of excess AND it has removed all of my 4 years no claims for what I see as one incident even though the car is written off. This has more than doubled my insurance premium and only 2 insurance companies will now insure me because I have 2 claims in a short period. I hate the AA because… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Blessy's Review

Written on: 29/09/2018

Hi, we're sorry to hear you've been left feeling unhappy. If the incidents were reported separately then this will be classed as two claims unfortunately. We hope our Customer Service team were able to explain the reasons behind this. If you do need any further clarification please speak with the claims team and they can address this further.

Read 1 Comment

“I thought I was paying for my insurance on monthly...”

Written on: 16/05/2018 by JazleneStack (1 review written)

I thought I was paying for my insurance on monthly basis. When I sold my car I was told that O owed £70 for cancelling my policy, plus the £28 I paid as a deposit! So even though I was looking for another car and would need insurance, The AA charged me £98 for 59 days of insurance! Unbelievable… Read Full Review

Written on: 17/05/2018

Hi we're sorry to hear you're unhappy about the charges for cancelling your insurance policy. We hope our team explained the reasons for these charges when you contacted them to cancel.

Read 1 Comment

“Seem to not care about your safety (Breakdown cover)”

Written on: 11/04/2018 by DeanoGB (19 reviews written)

My suspension spring broke on the front of my car also causing the shock absorber to fail. So I phoned the AA when the incident first occurred and asked if I am fully covered, the response was words to the effect of "yes, most likely you are covered". The AA then had my car towed to a garage of their choice who informed me they could only source after market parts. So, I asked my insurance company if they would be happy with that. They clearly expressed they would not be, they also expressed… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to DeanoGB's Review

Written on: 18/04/2018

We're sorry to hear that you have been left feeling dissatisfied following your recent contact, We hope you have raised this directly with our dedicated customer care team and the claims team if you feel you haven't had sufficient explanation into how this decision was made.

Read 1 Comment

“Cancelled my renewal but now they want further payment!”

Written on: 15/03/2018 by Lazza03 (1 review written)

I notified the AA that I didn't want to go with their renewal as more expensive,about one week before renewal was due to start. After doing this I cancelled my direct debit as,as far as I was concerned I had paid my 12 months so that was that. I'm now receiving default notifications saying that I owe them £32?!! … Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Lazza03's Review

Written on: 16/03/2018

We're sorry to hear about this, we hope you re contacted the insurance team to rectify this situation for you.

“RUBBISH , STAY AWAY”

Written on: 25/02/2018 by Harrison106 (1 review written)

Waiting for an amendment to a policy from a non fault accident.Many phone calls later, & STILL KNOW FURTHER TO SORTING IT . STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/03/2018

Hey there, sorry about this. If you have still not managed to get this sorted, please email us and include reference IS-161893 your address, contact number and email so we can try to help.

Read 1 Comment

“Fantastic Fast Service ”

Written on: 22/01/2018 by MumaP (1 review written)

I was involved in a car accident, I was hit from behind and pushed into the side of a car entering from the left. I called the AA the following day and they put me in touch with Claims Fast. 7 days later I have a solicitor, independent Doctor assessment booked, local Physio Therapy booked, 2hr local confidence Driving booked, I have a courtesy car and ours will be collected tomorrow by a local garage for evaluation. I have been impressed by how quickly and effortlessly this has all been… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to MumaP's Review

Written on: 22/01/2018

We are glad that a difficult situation has been made easier by the service you have received, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback we really appreciate these words.

Read 1 Comment

“Absolutely diabolical company - never go with AA car...”

Written on: 23/09/2017 by JoselynTemple (1 review written)

Didn't get details correct on commencement of policy - sent email stating didn't get proof of no claims etc - didn't even have correct person or policy. Had a non fault claim within 2 months which was handled appallingly - after agreement of figure they said it would reach bank 3-7 working days - after 7 days contacted company and they said the same thing - another 3-5 working days - each time I rang I got told a different excuse/story. Rang on 31.8.17 questioned additional costs when getting… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/09/2017

We’re sorry to hear you were unhappy with the service provided, we do hope you contacted the team at the time so all your concerns could be looked into and address appropriately.

“Avoid at all cost!”

Written on: 07/09/2017 by Debbiesimmons (1 review written)

Shockingly bad customer service department who do not care about customers at all. I would hate to be in the position of needing them ok in an emergency as circus monkeys would do a better job… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Debbiesimmons's Review

Written on: 08/09/2017

Hi,
We're sorry to hear your experience speaking with our customer service team has made you feel this way. If you would like us to look into this please get in touch through the contact us page on our website.
You can also email the details to us.

Debbiesimmons's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 11/09/2017

I have already done this but yet again received no reply! Now day 5 without being able to drive my car what a fantastic insurance company you are...... charge for a full year, have high penalties when you need to change it and charge you for not being able to use it.

The Aa's reply to Debbiesimmons's Comment

Written on: 13/09/2017

When getting in touch via our website it can take up to 5 working days for the team to acknowledge this although we always aim for it to be quicker. If you'd prefer to call us please do, the team will be happy to help you with this.

Read 3 Comments

“AA van insurance , leave well alone”

Written on: 05/06/2017 by pwsparky (1 review written)

My van insurance was up for renewal, I had left it until the day before it was due. I spoke to the agent that I thought was from the AA, I told him I was not happy with the amount the quote had gone up nearly £100, I asked if I had my AA members discount he said I hadn’t and would sort it out, he then said they were having problems with their system and he would sort out my discount and call me in the morning , I pointed out to him that my insurance ran out at midday he told me not to… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to pwsparky's Review

Written on: 09/06/2017

Hi, the AA is a Broker and we search a panel of insurers to find you the best quote at the time. We hope that you have since raised your complaint with the underwriters or by contacting us directly. If there is anything further you'd like for us to address please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page, we'll be happy to look in to it.

Read 1 Comment

“Don't touch with bargepole”

Written on: 09/04/2017 by Sciteach (1 review written)

long story cut short, accident happened 6 months ago, other party claimed it was their fault, 47 hrs on telephone logged of me phoning up the different agents that AA have me dealing with,countless emails sent...and still not sorted. Will be using solicitors next week. Unless you like stress and misery then please do not use AA and claimfast!… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to Sciteach's Review

Written on: 11/04/2017

Hello, we would really like the opportunity to help with this. If you haven't already spoken with the underwriter of your policy please get in touch via our website 'contact us' page and we'll be happy to chase this up for you and arrange for someone to contact you regarding this. We look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards. The AA

Read 1 Comment

“Beware of you cancel early! Hidden charges”

Written on: 31/12/2016

The AA Car Insurance hides hidden extra charges on their terms and conditions! For just over 6 weeks car insurance they want to chargcharge me £164.00 which is excessive and I haven't made a claim! They don't care about you and all they want is your hard earned cash don't use them! I'd rather pay more to go elsewhere where they treat you better. Also customer services are not open Sundays & they make you pay postage to return paperwork to you! I wish I'd gone with someone else!… Read Full Review

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy with the policy. We hope you raised your complaint with our Customer Service Team at the time.

Kind regards

Written on: 31/12/2016

I have and they did nothing so i have contacted the FOS because its wrong you cant advertise a £30.00 cancellation fee and hide lots of extra charges in the small print to add over £100.00 extra to cancel!

I wish I had read the reviews before I took out the insurance there are lots of bad / negative reviews about your car insurance out there.

I am refusing to pay you and your threats of daily interest without giving me an interest rate is appalling.

DONT GIVE MONEY TO THESE C*NTS!!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Written on: 31/12/2016

your customer service team isn't really a customer service team:

"it's in your terms and conditions" is all I got

your company needs to stop hiding behind terms and conditions!

I am so angry at your company I am making sure everyone knows about your total lack of service and hidden charges!

How dare you ask me to send stuff back to you and make me pay for postage and who in car insurance doesn't open on a Sunday?

I hope my £136.00 that I am meant to owe you bankrupts you!

Read 3 Comments

“Bad Bad Bad”

Written on: 10/09/2016 by lqHood222 (1 review written)

Sent me email to say I can signon to download my insurance doc but it was not available to view or download. And it costs £25 to swap cars insure. Most places allow me to do it for free… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/09/2016

Hello, we're sorry to hear you were unable to access and download the insurance documents, if you have still not managed to do this please speak to one of our live agents on our website who will be happy to help you with this.
Admin charges do apply for any changes made to an insurance policy throughout the policy year, these are in the terms and conditions before you purchase and can also be found online. Kind Regards

Read 1 Comment

“not able to get new car on sunday.no one to change policy”

Written on: 21/08/2016 by GrahamTraves1 (2 reviews written)

I wanted to collect my new car today but was unaware that the opening times had changed and no one in any department is available on a Sunday to update and change my policy over for me.Due to this new way of working once my policy runs out don't feel I will be able to insure with the AA ever again… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to GrahamTraves1's Review

Written on: 22/08/2016

Hi GrahamTraves1,

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with our opening times. Sunday closures have been in place for over a year now but we are open 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-5pm on Saturdays.

Read 1 Comment

“Most money grabbing insurance company I have yet come...”

Written on: 16/07/2016 by ytWilliams9 (1 review written)

Most money grabbing insurance company I have yet come across and that is saying a lot as far as insurance companies go. They are only interested in how much money they can get out of you. There is no care of concern for you as an actual customer. Bad communication. Horrible experience. They should have a minus 0 star option on here for rating… Read Full Review

Written on: 27/07/2016

We're really sorry to read your review of dissatisfaction and hope that you raised any concerns at the time with our customer service team. We would be interested in knowing about your experience, feel free to get in touch via our website 'contact us' page if there is anything you'd like us to address. Kind Regards

Written on: 31/12/2016

I fully agree with this comment they don't care about you at all!
All they want is your hard earned cash with hidden fees in their terms and conditions! Don't give this poisonous compamy your money!

Read 2 Comments

“Tried to take out AA insurance through compare the...”

Written on: 06/07/2016 by Beebeoc274 (1 review written)

Tried to take out AA insurance through compare the market and the quote which included breakdown and legal assistance etc was a good price. Had to phone to pay, whereupon, AFTER she had taken my card details and I had paid, the operator said the quote didn't include breakdown at all. Absolutely outrageous. An hour of my life wasted and they keep my money for 5 days before reimbursing… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/07/2016

Hi Beebeoc274,

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy and if you'd like us to address anything further for you, please don't hesitate to get in touch via our 'Contact us' page on our website.

Kind regards

Read 1 Comment

“AA Auto renew cancellation barriers”

Written on: 27/06/2016 by SussexAdam (1 review written)

I took out a car insurance policy with the AA, along with roadside assistance cover. I was happy with the service and the cover, I changed my car mid-year and although waiting for 25 mins to be connected, the process was simple and efficient. I have just received my renewal quote, which is almost double last year's premium. I have sought an alternative quote, identical in cover and underwriter for £278 instead of £423. I had to call the AA to stop the auto renewal of the policy. The agent I… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to SussexAdam's Review

Hello,

We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with this. As an intermediary, we offer you the premiums that have been set by the panel of leading insurers we work with, we will always try to offer our customers the best price.
Our motto is “Courtesy and Care”, and we expect all calls for assistance to be answered within a certain time frame. We are very sorry that this was not the case when you called.
If you'd like us to look into this any further for you, please don't hesitate to get in contact via our Contact Us page on our website.

Sussexadam's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 28/06/2016

I did not post my review to complain about call waiting times. You are missing the point entirely. My issue is the barriers placed in my way to stop the auto renewal of the policy and associated car break down cover. I booked the cover as a package but when it came to stopping the auto renewal I had to speak to two different people/departments. The initial agent told me they were separate companies to start with and I would have to redial. I explained that generally add-ons would be cancelled when the primary contract is cancelled. He didn't seem to understand what I was talking about and changed his mind and transferred to another department. I simply said I was not renewing as too expensive and, out of principal, would not renew any break down cover either.
The point is your staff do not understand what constitutes an add-on and how insurance contracts work. Furthermore your firm doesn't promote good customer outcomes with its approach to 'treating customers fairly', by placing barriers in the way of cancelling/switching products or suppliers. I will not be contacting your firm, I merely wish to warn other, potentially vulnerable customers from enduring your laborious stop renewal process.

“TERRIBLE INSURANCE COMPANY”

Written on: 25/06/2016 by bobcat56 (1 review written)

When i rang the AA to ask for a quote back in Apr 2016, i made sure to tell them the i wanted the perk added to my policy to drive anyone's car. I was told by there agent that because i was 24 years old, i would have to wait until i turned 25 then i could add it to my policy. This week i turned 25 and rang them up to get the add on to my policy. I was told that the company do not add on any perks once the policy has been taken out. Now keep in mind the only reason i went with the AA is because… Read Full Review

The Aa's Response to bobcat56's Review

Written on: 27/06/2016

Hi bobcat56,

We're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with this and if you'd like us to look into this any further for you, please don't hesitate to get in contact via our Contact Us page on our website.

Bobcat56's reply to The Aa's Comment

Written on: 28/06/2016

I have been in contact with you. Why do you think i posted this review? I was informed that there was nothing you could do. If you are actually going to follow through on your word and add the drive anyone's car perk to my policy then contact me. Im done wasting my time with you.

Read 2 Comments

“Out of touch with reality!!”

Written on: 18/06/2016 by SoniaLarson (1 review written)

Over the last year I have insured my car through the AA. I was happy with their service and cost all of which came to an abrupt end when I sold my car and needed to cancel my insurance. I contacted the AA and explained that the car had been sold, the agent told me that I would be entitled to a £55 refund which would be refunded against the card used for the original policy. I explained to the agent that the original card had been cancelled some months earlier and that I had changed banks. I… Read Full Review