Rabbit Reviews

Rabbit - Ask a question now

“I have a lionmain rabbit and he is just the best he...”

Written on: 18/09/2011 by tommyboy97 (51 reviews written)

I have a lionmain rabbit and he is just the best he follows people everwhere and eats anything you drop we all love to watch him run around the garden , he is never inside literally his hutch is the whole shed and he gets let out into the garden at 6 in the morning and gets put back in the shed at 9 at night he loves it but if you do get a rabbit i would advise you work out a place to keep him rather than inside after all they are wild animals… Read Full Review

“Although completely unsuitable for children under 12...”

Written on: 19/01/2011 by Leanne44 (41 reviews written)

Although completely unsuitable for children under 12 years old (as it is cruelty to give a child a rabbit, they do not like children) I have had rabbits for years and have found a doe to be the best. Rabbits make such wonderful pets a really good addition to a person living alone or a couple. As long as they are adjusted properly they can be kept in the house for longer lives and can be litter trained and are extremely fun, they are affectionate and they always put a smile on my face. If a male… Read Full Review

Go-Anna's Response to Leanne44's Review

Written on: 24/06/2013

I'm sorry but I totally disagree that you shouldn't give a rabbit to a child under 12. You do need to be careful with toddlers as they may squeeze or poke and do harm but other than that rabbits are extremely affectionate and can be a perfect little soulmate. I'm a rabbit breeder and different breeds suit different people.

Read 1 Comment

“Here's my rabbit review for the reviewcentre. I love...”

Written on: 23/01/2008

Here's my rabbit review for the reviewcentre. I love rabbits, they are great furry, fluffy, cute animals. I've read plenty of rabbit reviews that say they have problem with teeths, but mine have always been fine. I've had rabbits since I was a little kid and I have had all sorts of different rabbits, from european rabbits to some more wild rabbits. You should get one… Read Full Review

“Rabbits make great pets. People tend to say males are...”

Written on: 13/08/2007 by lucyvic (7 reviews written)

Rabbits make great pets. People tend to say males are more sociable. However, they may need to be neutered if they become vicious or difficult to handle. I currently have a female though, who is very friendly. Although it is necessary to have females spayed if you are not breeding them, to prevent cancer. The more you handle your rabbit the more likely it is to be friendly & easy to look after. However, they can give nasty scratches if they panic and kick, so they aren't always great for small… Read Full Review

“I have had 3 rabbits in the past, and I have not found...”

Written on: 05/03/2006 by danjwright (1 review written)

I have had 3 rabbits in the past, and I have not found them hard to keep. I would recommend buying a dwarf lop as these do not grow big, and they are relatively docile. They are also fairly cheap. Do not buy the very small breeds such as Rex or Netherland dwarf as these have an extremely short temper due to selective breeding to make them small. When you buy a rabbit ask to hold it first and look for the following things:

No diarrhea (I think you know how to tell this, yuck!!!)
No runny… Read Full Review

Topaz's Response to 232727_danjwright's Review

Written on: 19/05/2006

Sorry, but you didn't once mention anything about hay, which should make up 80% of their diet and those mixes are not recommended as they encourage selective feeding!
You also failed to mention that they need to be vaccinated Myxomatosis and VHD in the UK. They aren't cheap, and ideally should have a friend, and be neutered.

Read 1 Comment

“Having kept rabbits for 27 years - mostly other...”

Written on: 11/02/2006 by unknown15 (7 reviews written)

Having kept rabbits for 27 years - mostly other people's cast -offs - do not buy a rabbit for your child. They will inevitably get fed up and it takes considerable dedication to clean, feed and exercise rabbits daily. They can live anything from 5 to 14 years. Rabbits also panic if handled clumsily by a child and a kick hurts. They also need all-day exercise in a large run or even better the whole garden. My two are quite happy to be with my (free-range) chickens. Even my rescue cat… Read Full Review

“Well, everyone has this image that rabbits are cute,...”

Written on: 15/08/2005 by Topaz (3 reviews written)

Well, everyone has this image that rabbits are cute, fluffy, cheap and gentle animals, they are NOT! If you want a pet to cuddle and hold, don't get a rabbit, they are prey animals and don't enjoy being 'caught'.

Now don't get me wrong I love rabbits and have two at the minute and I love them to pieces but I see no point in being biased the fact is rabbits are not like what the majority of people think.

Rabbits need company of other rabbits - two males (bucks) will most likely fight and… Read Full Review

Helen Of Troy's Response to Topaz's Review

Written on: 12/09/2006

What an excellent review tucked away amongst others!! Surprised this was not given expert status as it is so informative. I have had a rabbit for just over four years (a house rabbit) and you have certainly taught me a thing or two!! I never knew rabbits should not be given chocolate, I have been giving mine the occasional plain chocolate digestive as a treat! Now I will stop! I did know never to give a rabbit lettuce though, that is also very bad for them. Better to give them fresh grass, very important for a House Rabbit. My rabbit needs a bit of special care as she is blind in one eye but copes remarkably well.

Read 1 Comment

“Rabbit - They are cute. The best for anyone and live...”

Written on: 08/07/2005 by jdone (4 reviews written)

Rabbit - They are cute. The best for anyone and live too short but they respect you… Read Full Review

“I've had my rabbit nearly three years and I love him...”

Written on: 28/06/2005 by lucyvic (7 reviews written)

I've had my rabbit nearly three years and I love him to bits. He shows a lot of love and affection. They do need company from humans if you don't keep them with another animal. They also need yearly vaccinations from the vets to protect them as well as occasionally needing their teeth and nails trimming… Read Full Review

“Rabbits are great animals for both adults and...”

Written on: 15/06/2005 by Janine (1 review written)

Rabbits are great animals for both adults and children. They are relatively easy to look after, but they teach children a level of responsibility. I have just acquired two rabbits, as my friend's rabbits had babies (long story).

It's really cute the way that they are really affectionate with each other. I am glad I got a pair, as I think it would get rather lonely on its own. I have two males; I have been advised to get them neutered as when they get older they may start to fight. I… Read Full Review

Unknown15's Response to 133288_Janine's Review

Written on: 11/02/2006

Flu symptoms - good point, rabbits can only breathe through their noses - if this blocks they won't live.