Beau Thai, Lowestoft Reviews

• Quality of food

Beau Thai, Lowestoft - Ask a question now

“What an experience !”

written by Maximi389 on 05/08/2015

Having once discovered this place it is the one reason to return to Lowestoft. Great Food !. You would be missing out if you didn't try this lovely Thai Restaurant.

“Poor value”

written by on 03/12/2013

Unfortunately the starter was fried to cool causing oil saturated batter. Rice extreemly expensive and small main but tasty. We were told to use the same folk as the starter which was a surprise and cans of beer offered even thou draft advertised in the bar area. Never asked if were happy with the food. Never again as highgyne poor.

“superb...”

written by martha003 on 26/08/2013

Our meal was superbly cooked and the restaurant is charming. Beau Thai is an oasis in a cultural desert.

“not the best”

written by joeybigears on 18/06/2012

Main course was o.k but portions small, the starter very disappointing!When we asked for the sweet menu , this seemed to be a little of an inconvenience drinks were a rip off should have been draught beer but came in cans we will not be returning

“Tasty food, friendly service, pretty decor.”

written by HappyTourist on 13/06/2012

I took a group of friends here because the menu seemed ideally suited for us: some of us are vegetarian and some of us love their meat. Everyone enjoyed their food, the wine was lovely, and the service was friendly. It's quite a small place, but the decor is pretty and it's rather intimate and might be nice for a date. You'd never really guess what it's like from the outside, it's a hidden gem. Would definitely eat here again and can recommend it for carnivores and vegetarians, there is a wide choice of food and all of it was good.

“I would reccommend a try at this one”

written by on 13/02/2012

First time Ive been, booked up before reading some of the reviews so was not expecting too much, landed early, very friendly greeting, Drink I found expensive especially the thai beer,but partner like it, the place was clean and well decorated, nice atmosphere. For the size of the place it was very busy which goes a long way in my opinion. The food I thought was very good and I certainly would not say it is like anything like the rubbish Iceland sells. The whole meal was very tasty and I could not fault the service. I would go again.

“Have to agree, I heard a lot of good things about this...”

written by on 07/09/2010

Have to agree, I heard a lot of good things about this place and finally went.

Very disapointed! We too had the mixed platter starter, what a joke - like you say deep fat fried iceland rubish! and £12 for 2 of us!

Main meal was ok, service was a little rushed, drinks were poor.

I would not go again, would reccommend any one reading this goes to the thai boat at riverside norwich instead.

“I have been here a few times and thought the...”

written by on 16/04/2010

I have been here a few times and thought the hap-hazard service was endearing at first... Until tonight. I took a couple of girlfriends there as it is usually good food. When we arrived we were ignored. We ordered our food and chose the mixed starter for 3 people... this was billed as a selection of starters from the entire list. What we actually got was everything they could have fit in the deep fryer and bought from Iceland. It was shockingly greasy and in no way a reflection of thai cuisine. 5 pieces of prawn toast, deep fried, 5 spring rolls, deep fried, 5 fake crab meat balls, deep fried and finally 5 prawns, deep fried... the majority of the "platter" was battered too... AWFUL and the cost... £20!!!
I asked the owner/waitress how much it was and when she told me i said politely that it was far too expensive and incredibly greasy. She then proceeded to shout at me and threatened to cancel our main meals, she was rude to me throughout the rest of the meal and deliberately ignored me when i asked for a drink or the bill... one of the other girls i was with had to ask again for the bill.
The main courses were underwhelming and the shine completely taken off being there after being yelled at.
It was appalling and i would recommend you spend your money elsewhere, or at the very least don't dare complain!

“Fantastic food, really enjoyable. Well worth...”

written by on 03/09/2009

Fantastic food, really enjoyable. Well worth discovering Beau Thai..a true taste of Thailand.

“You must eat here, I have eaten in many thai...”

written by on 10/10/2008

You must eat here, I have eaten in many thai restaurants all over the place and this is by far the best, yes a little expensive but worth every penny, I don't think a lot of people know its there as it's advertised as hotel. love it.

“There is a lot of choice, which can be quite hard to...”

written by on 25/06/2008

There is a lot of choice, which can be quite hard to choose from but when you get it, you will not be disappointed. The owner is lovely, although rarely smiles. Food is fresh and definately very delicately flavoured. Would recommend it. They also do take away, and if you don't find collecting it. Well worth a go. Only down side is I would say they are a little pricey compared to other restaurants in the area. A meal for 2 will average about £50-60.

“Wonderful addictive food, nice environment. They could...”

written by on 05/02/2008

Wonderful addictive food, nice environment. They could do with a few more tables though.

“The food was very tasty - really really good. ”

written by slclarke on 25/01/2007

The food was very tasty - really really good.

Unfortunately, there were no other patrons so there wasn't much atmosphere at Beau Thai in Lowestoft, but it was a very cold night in late January.

Overall we were all very impressed, and we would return next time we were in Lowestoft.

“I have never had the delight of trying Thai food...”

written by AdamUK30 on 07/03/2006

I have never had the delight of trying Thai food before so I did not know what to expect from Beau Thai. I assumed that is was a little like Chinese food, which is true in some respects but the tastes are different due to the spices and seasoning. The food I ordered was truly excellent. The menu alone is HUGE! It will take you a while to decide what to eat and the problem is that everything sounds so good.

My wife and I shall definitely return soon, a great first experience of Thai food which will keep me coming back for more.

“The Beau Thai feels like Thailand and the owner I...”

written by Foodie001 on 15/06/2005

The Beau Thai feels like Thailand and the owner I believe is actually from there, which is always beneficial. The food is authentic and delicious; service is quick with friendly staff and its excellent value for money. Bring your own wine and only pay for corkage or try the Thai beer.