JVC GZ-MC500 Reviews

• Sound Quality

• Battery Life

JVC GZ-MC500 - Ask a question now

☆☆☆☆☆

“I've decided to buy the camcorder according to...”

Written on: 06/07/2006 by googlegroups (1 review written)

I've decided to buy the camcorder according to technical specifications that every product expose. All seem fine. Small, MicroDrive, record also on a SD card, 3 CCD sensor, nice zoom. Ah, that's the point.

If you use the zoom, and I believe that everybody who buys a camcorder would like to use, the zoom to record scenes that isn't properly closed to the camera, the battery duration decrease its productivity switching from 1 hour to something near 20 minutes, according to how many times you use… Read Full Review

“The JVC GZ-MC500 digital camcorder is small. It's...”

Written on: 22/05/2006 by Dingledoodie (3 reviews written)

The JVC GZ-MC500 digital camcorder is small. It's sexy, and it does what it's supposed to. I love it!

I knew this gizmo was small, but once delivered and in my hand I was amazed. It's tiny. The other selling point, obviously, is the micro drive. It's great not having to bother with tapes anymore. Take some footage, and within minutes it's transferred onto your PC to make a DVD or send to your mates. Video quality is fantastic, and as my last digital stills camera was only 2.1… Read Full Review

“I expected high quality from a 3CCD, and this is JVC's...”

Written on: 23/11/2005 by ALimaFan (1 review written)

I expected high quality from a 3CCD, and this is JVC's top-of-the-line Evario. Instead, the vids/pics look grainy with dark shadows and noise.

I almost returned this until I re-sized the images to 320x240. It was then that the images (encoded as .mov files) looked fantastic.

I am using this for multimedia, so that works for me. Were I expecting to create high-quality DVDs from this -- no way. I'd save my money for a Sony HD.

After 4 days of owning this, it froze. It didn't restore until I… Read Full Review

“JVC GZ-MC500 - I wanted to upgrade my Sony pc6 and...”

Written on: 12/07/2005 by ianux48 (6 reviews written)

JVC GZ-MC500 - I wanted to upgrade my Sony pc6 and shortlisted this and the Sony HC90. Although much more expensive, I was drawn to the small dimensions and sexy looks. The movie image quality is generally superb but the camera does not perform particlarly well in low light. Still images do look good at first but are not true 5 megapixel images, they are imterpolated and may produce a 5mp image size, but a £150 5mp digital camera will walk all over them. The biggest problem is the mpeg format… Read Full Review

“I received my JVC GZ-MC500 camcorder today from...”

Written on: 14/06/2005 by kranthipbl (1 review written)

I received my JVC GZ-MC500 camcorder today from BestCameras.co.uk and spent the whole day trying various options.
Size of the Camera, is it's biggests plus point and ease of operation. Functional buttons are very well placed. Flash is excellent and I'm very much pleased with it.
There is no degradation of video or images, as files are just copied like from a hard drive. I think, this is one of the biggest advantage of the Microdrive camcorder. With our PVGS70, We face lots of problems while… Read Full Review