Vango Pennine 500 Reviews

• Easy to erect?

• Durability

Vango Pennine 500 - Ask a question now

“The Vango Pennine 500 is a dreadful tent. Do not go...”

Written on: 02/07/2007 by Spicey (1 review written)

The Vango Pennine 500 is a dreadful tent. Do not go anywhere near it. I would never buy another Vango. Leaky seams, incorrect instructions for erecting and worst of all the poles broke when the wind blows, leading to tent collapsing!… Read Full Review

“This was a replacement tent, I had looked long and...”

Written on: 13/08/2006 by niksgee (1 review written)

This was a replacement tent, I had looked long and hard to find one that was as good as my last tent. I was very impressed with this tent. The bedrooms are HUGE. Head height at least 6.5ft, each bedroom definitely a large double. The front door opening while VERY useful when its hot -- can be slightly too large. We leave it open even when raining as we also use a gazebo - but do this at your peril, the front door is very wide. Its a light and airy tent. We used it in various weather conditions… Read Full Review

“Purchased a Vango Pennine 500 from Winfields Outdoor &...”

Written on: 12/06/2005 by Snakeyboy (1 review written)

Purchased a Vango Pennine 500 from Winfields Outdoor & used once - poles broke during winds occurring in May - this is supposed to be a 2 season tent and hence withstand weather at this time of year!
The instructions to erect the tent are within the case itself - they are not even for the model you will be supplied with! The instructions mention 4 poles - only 3 poles come with the tent, they mention colour coded poles - not supplied and also a "roof strengthening pole" - not supplied.
After… Read Full Review

Niksgee's Response to Snakeyboy's Review

Written on: 13/08/2006

Thanks for this review!
<br/>
<br/>I bought this tent last year, as a replacement for one that the poles snapped on..
<br/>
<br/>I was reading the instructions (typical me to read after I had erected a year later) and was confused why it said that there should be an additional roof support pole? Surely they had not given me a roof support which I should have??
<br/>
<br/>Then I read your review, so I know.
<br/>Thanks,