Mark Warner Holidays www.markwarner.co.uk

Mark Warner Holidays www.markwarner.co.uk - Ask a question now

“fantastic”

written by Allison150 on 22/07/2014

Brill time . Kids had a fun time the nanny's were in a different class big thanks.loved it will.deffo go again

“Let down by Mark Warner”

written by AndrewJLawton on 08/08/2012

My review is of a holiday at Lakitira resort with Mark Warner. The review is more generally about how we were treated rather than the resort, which was fine. Fine rather than good. Our outbound flight was 5 hours later than scheduled which was already 2 hours later than when booked, i.e. completely different to what we booked, and missing a complete day. We were not given any food on the flight, and we arrived at 4am. We were not even given a concession of £30 lunch bearing in mind we missed breakfast (and our holiday cost £4,500). On the way back we missed another day as the flights were brought forward. In effect, two days off our 7 day holiday. I had asked the operations manager on site if she could book some assistance at Gatwick for my wife who is heavily pregnant and having trouble getting around. This was not booked, and as the rearranged flight back was into North Terminal and our car was parked at South Terminal this had a massive impact. I am certain however that the operations manager concerned and Mark Warner in general do not care in the slightest, so long as they got all the money they could from us. Overall we felt we were treated badly, and the attitude of local staff and Mark Warner was one of saving money rather than reasonable treatment.

“A week at Sea Garden resort with Mark Warner, Bodrum -...”

written by on 04/08/2012

I went solo to the Sea Garden Resort, Bodrum this June booked through Mark Warner. I had booked last minute and did not realise (and was not told when making the booking with Head Office which I feel it was misrepresented) that it was actually a Turkish Hapimag resort with Mark Warner doing the waterfront and childcare and occupying 90 out of the 300 rooms.....so for the first week we had 50 Russian men staying for a Tyre Conference!! a bit of an unexpected surprise.... I did however have a relaxing break and enjoyed the beach, landscaped gardens, spa, swimming pools, water aerobics, gym and tennis and the highlight was a day on a Gulluk boat which is worth doing - it was also nice to know that I could take out a kayak or windsurfer if I wanted - it was very hot in the 40's and I met some lovely people..I would say this is a resort geared more towards famillies/couples with children and babies than an Adults only place...so many toddlers on the flights!! If you are looking for the intimate Mark Warner concept and spirit then this is not the place...it is too large and you have guests from all over. The food was fine - healthy fresh grilled fish, salads and fruits but quite a few wasps!! I think the service in the restaurants could be fine tuned ie clearing away of dirty plates more promptly and charging for the tennis courts and freshly squeezed orange juice at breakfast should be reviewed. An interesting experience but won't be returning....

“Dirty hotel, sickness rife I will never travel with MW...”

written by on 02/02/2012

Les Deux Alpes, Hotel Le Berangere - a total waste of money. Sickness rife throughout hotel the whole of our stay, staff advised that it had been there a couple of weeks and they'd all had it. Facilities were very tired and dirty the whole place needs renovated. Our room was dirty and had hairs in both the sink and bath when we arrived, somebody else hair and clip on the floor. It looked like they just made the bed and nothing else, saying that even the bed was full of holes. Generally disgusting. A holiday is supposed to be relaxing, but I found this to be the worst holiday I have ever had in my life and I wil NEVER travel or recommend MW again. When I booked this holiday I was so excited to be going with Mark Warner - Never again. Mark Warner is no longer the company it used to be - shame on them

“cancellation plan booking reference 54364310”

written by on 30/06/2011

We booked Bowls break at Gunton hall for the 10thSeptember after enjoying a similer holiday last year. But due to my husbands bad health I had to cancell we thought our cacellation plan would give a full refund,but from a deposit of £140 we have only been offered £80. With over two months notice before our holiday I expected a full refund,we will not be booking any more holidays with this company.

“I am moved to write and tell you about Mark Warner...”

written by on 05/04/2011

I am moved to write and tell you about Mark Warner holiday company and our dreadful experience. After many good holidays with this company we went to Val d' Isere for New Year.

The room curtains were torn and could not be drawn,
-the dining room was filthy, chipped and dirty china, cutlery, cloths,
-the corridors were full of dirty china and glasses,
-the advertised pool was shut, no heating and had not been cleaned,
-the attitude of the staff was largely indifferent.
We left a day early, we could not face it any longer.

When we complained about our expensive disappointment we received an extremely rude and dismissive e-mail from customer services, both confusing us with someone else and telling us that they did not want to receive any correspondence from us!

I complained to HO about this response and did receive an apology and a voucher.I returned the voucher and asked MW to make the donation to the Peel ski club, volunteer police officers who take disabled victims of crime, to ski.
There has been NO RESPONSE ! Not even an acknowledgement of my letter or explanation of their disinterest in making a donation.

I cannot believe that after the bad publicity surrounding Madelaine's disappearance from a MW hotel they would not seek a more positive interface with the customer and an opportunity to make a donation to a good cause, potentially bringing them good publicity.

Mark Warner seem to run this hotel and their business with an arrogant disregard for the paying customer. I would encourage you and anyone else you know, who skis, to think twice before putting any money into a Mark Warner holiday.

“Im leaving on wednesday to kos and have never been...”

written by on 04/10/2009

Im leaving on wednesday to kos and have never been more excited to go this will be by 4th time there. I love the atmosphere of the hotel the staff are friedly and helpful. I have been on 7 mw holidays switcing betwen the two resorts in greece. Last year i went to greece but with nielon and whislt there i was whishing to be in kos. I would abolutly recomend this holiday for familys or for couples! I LOVE MARK WARNER

“Sep 09 Just returned from MARK WARNER @ LAKITIRA....”

written by on 28/09/2009

Sep 09 Just returned from MARK WARNER @ LAKITIRA. Never 'done' an MW before and pleasantly surprised. Resort very quiet with only 200 out of 700 beds filled. RESULT!! No queues or prebooking of any activities ( apparently the norm @ peak season). Lakitira itself a hot 40 MINS walk from tacky Khadamena ( chav central )as there is no regular bus so it's not easy to get out during the day. Food not bad ( sometimes delicious )but endless samey Buffets in the main restaurant- with only a too obviously fake 'italian' & unconvincing village 'greek taverna' as a rather poor alternative. Staff though FAB- really courteous, professional and friendly- both Hotel Lakitira's & the separate MARK WARNER team. Sports equipment quite tired / end of season but functional. Reasonable car & buggy hire from SBS hire so it is possible to escape and find authentic Kos restaurants & local culture if camp life gets too much! Only real grumble is complete.. as in complete.. lack of ANY evening entertainment... no music either live or dancing at all. We didn't want a full on 18-30's strobe fest Nightclub but a bop after dinner would have been fun! Still.. I suppose it isn't such a real hardship to retire earlier to bed than normal!

“Once loyal customers of Mark Warner holidays but never...”

written by scotland72 on 29/08/2009

Once loyal customers of Mark Warner holidays but never again.
After a holiday from hell in Egypt with them ...food poisoning, no hot water , no heated pool, kids club being renovated whilst kids were there etc. My letters of complaint post holiday have been responded to with rude dismissive letters from MW..very unsatisfactory, no wonder this company is offering so many cheap discounted holidays!!
I agree MW have cut back so much now ie half board not full board, no more inclusive wine or water even, extra cost for kids club etc. They are no longer providing for that niche market anymore.
Shame on you MW and your lousy customer service dept
Save your money and stay at home

“1st time with Mark Warner, thought it was excellent...”

written by on 08/08/2009

1st time with Mark Warner, thought it was excellent value, something for everyone, and the hotel had been recently refurbished whisch meant the rooms were comfortable.

This staff guest ratio was excellent and the cost of drinks was extremely fair compared with previous holidays. We upgraded to the full board package and for us this was the best choice.

The children 12 & 8 enjoyed it and would go back, for us though 1 week was adequate.

“Having been on over thirty mark warner holidays (...”

written by on 20/06/2009

Having been on over thirty mark warner holidays ( beach and snow ) over the last twenty years, I know what to expect. Unfortunately, their standards have dropped so far that it is no longer the fantastic holiday it once was. The cost cutting has gone way too far. Food is poor, rooms very much in need of refurbing. They seem to be going down the 18-30 route

“Sadly we should have been sitting here tanned and...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by Jo Frost on 11/11/2008

Sadly we should have been sitting here tanned and rested after a week at Dahab Hilton staying with Mark Warner. It came highly recommended. After the collapse of XL we were in constant communication with Mark Warner about our flight times for the holiday starting on 1st Nov. There standard phrase was we cant tell you info if we don't have it. Not the best customer relations!. A week before we were due to go and still no tickets. A phone call to them informed us that the holiday had been cancelled as they no longer had a contract with The Hilton at Dahab. No holiday! Their communication was appalling. We are still negotiating our compensation. They did offer us an alternative holiday but thanks to reviews on Trip advisor I realised that the flights were via Athens for refueling so we declined. Off to Movenpick Taba for better value higher rated holiday!

“A Good holiday for families and singles a like.”

written by Paulx on 31/10/2008

A Good holiday for families and singles a like.
Please Please lower your food and drink prices.

“My husband and I have just returned from seven nights...”

written by CRobins on 29/09/2008

My husband and I have just returned from seven nights in San Agostino in Greece (Sept 2008). If you are after a quite holiday then you may want to avoid this resort as it was far too 18-30 club for our liking having been woken by partying youngsters on several occasions. Mark Warner need to decide who they are catering for. If they want to cater for all types then they need to segregate the 18-30s there to party all night from the older adults (and families) there for sport and relaxation. We would not return to this resort and would think twice about choosing a Mark Warner holiday again.

“What a shame. I think Mark Warner Holidays need to...”

written by on 18/08/2008

What a shame. I think Mark Warner Holidays need to pull their socks up or they'll be left behind. I can't recommend them anymore! sad

“Sun sea sand, everything you expect you get which...”

written by on 10/07/2008

Sun sea sand, everything you expect you get which really makes you feel like you get what you pay for. I spent a week in the Lakitira resort, Kos and will be returning in the future! A little bit pricey, however highly recommended

“I have been on about 5 Mark Warner holidays and plan...”

written by sallyrobinson on 23/06/2008

I have been on about 5 Mark Warner holidays and plan to return. I never fail to have a good time.

“We went to Dahab in July 2006 and are going back this...”

written by on 19/06/2008

We went to Dahab in July 2006 and are going back this year. Staff were fantastic, Hilton accommodation great, food great. Beach staff lovely and great service.

“My husband, 3 yr old daughter and myself went to Ocean...”

written by weloveholidays on 13/06/2008

My husband, 3 yr old daughter and myself went to Ocean Club Portugal in April 2008 and were so impressed that we have booked to go back for 2 weeks in October.

The staff were very friendly and informative - not 'in your face' but we knew where they were if we needed anything. Always seemed to have a genuine smile on their face too!

The restaurant manager was a real jolly chap and even better, the food was delicious with an excellent choice of menu - dinner was a la carte in fact and not buffet as per the brochure which was a real bonus. Breakfast was buffet - great selection too!

As for the childcare, well, that was far far above our expectations. We had originally decided that we didnt want to 'dump' her in childcare as afterall, we were all on holiday together however after seeing the activities timetable and meeting the childcare staff we felt that she would love it and we were so right, she had a fantastic time - 3 months later she is still talking about her friend her carer for the week and her sailing instructor.

She spent the mornings in childcare where she met a couple of little friends and together they went mini sailing, played mini tennis, wave jumping, shell collecting, went swimming, played in the secret garden and so very much more.......far more than we could ever have done with her on our own.

We spent our family afternoons making sandcastles on the sandy beach, paddling in the sea and swimming! With the odd ice-cream here and there too of course!

All the children had high tea in the restaurant at 5.30pm - not that children werent welcome at dinner but it made it easier and gave us the chance to have a quiet meal to ourselves - bliss!

Then the children could go to the evening creche from 7pm til 11pm whilst we went for dinner - we had usually picked her up by 10pm - cant cope with late nights anymore. Each child had their own little sleeping bag and lay in there to watch that nights choice of DVD and listen to stories until 'quiet time' or of course they fell asleep.

We were disappointed that we had only booked the one week - hence we now have a booking for 2 weeks at the same place in October - We just cannot wait! ;-)

“We went in August 2007 and first week were very sporty...”

written by on 11/06/2008

We went in August 2007 and first week were very sporty group there -strangely 2nd week people were much quieter - could have been different resort. We had great time, though food did get bit samey after 2 weeks