St. James, Almond Beach Club & Spa Reviews

Summary

An all inclusive hotel on the Caribbean island of Barbados
St. James, Almond Beach Club & Spa - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for St. James, Almond Beach Club & Spa

St. James, Almond Beach Club & Spa

“march 2009 my partner and i came to Almond Beach Club...”

Written on: 14/09/2009

march 2009 my partner and i came to Almond Beach Club & Spa for a weeks break after a hard years work, we had a terrible time. the weather and staff were lovely but that was it, we couldnt wait to get back 2 days into the holiday.there was no entertainment and when there was it was just a boring band.the food was not good atall which was a shame because we love carrbean food, there was no beach at all and its full of old people. if you are under 40 i really do not recomend this resort even the… Read Full Review

“The setting of Barbados is beautiful. We were not...”

Written on: 29/04/2008 by R Battersby (1 review written)

The setting of Barbados is beautiful. We were not allocated the type of room we had booked and wasted part of the first day as a result. Because of this for our stay we had experience of 4 rooms (including the hospitality suite).
You can eat a lot if you so choose. Food is generally repetitive (the dessert menu of 5 options was repeated for 5 days one week, 3 another and the buffet rarely changes). Expect canteen style quality food rather than good restaurant food. You won't go hungry but I… Read Full Review

“This is a personable, intimate adult resort set in...”

Written on: 04/07/2007 by AshleyJS (3 reviews written)

This is a personable, intimate adult resort set in beautiful, well maintained gardens, with lovely pools, and an elegant main restaurant with friendly helpful staff - and everything is close to hand. The location was perfect for us (see later)
You can also use the facilities at the sister hotel, Almond Beach Village, via the regular shuttle bus service - which we found always ran on time!

Food: Sunset (main restaurant). Beautifully set, right by the sea, with proper table cloths, napkins and… Read Full Review

“Visited Almond Beach Club & Spa briefly last week....”

Written on: 01/02/2006 by jivebaby (1 review written)

Visited Almond Beach Club & Spa briefly last week. Very glad not to be a guest. Cramped, under-staffed and plastic, decor and people.

Nasty, definitely not recommended… Read Full Review

“Recommended Almond Beach Club & Spa by Virgin as a...”

Written on: 26/01/2006 by roons (1 review written)

Recommended Almond Beach Club & Spa by Virgin as a beatiful 4 star hotel. It was horrible, the room which was a deluxe garden room was small, damp, dirty and shabby. It was infested my mosquitos as there was no glass or grills at the windows; the air conditioning smelt very badly in a way that would make you feel ill; and the room was next to a makeshift gym so you were woken at 7am by the thumping of running machines.
The hotel is small, there is no beach as such, there is not enough room… Read Full Review

“St James Almond Beach Club & Spa - Myself and my...”

Written on: 08/06/2005 by Mrs M crossman (1 review written)

St James Almond Beach Club & Spa - Myself and my husband arrived at the airport - where the staff had to clear the plane and get me off in a wheel chair on a cargo lift. I had very bad travel sickness (which I have had all my life). The airport staff for a start just treated me like royalty, I was first through the gates and whisked quickly off to a taxi. The taxi took us straight to the hotel and on arrival, the hotel staff all carried me in to reception and looked after me whilst my husband… Read Full Review