Yamaha RX-V2500 Reviews

Media Gallery for Yamaha RX-V2500

Yamaha RX-V2500
Yamaha RX-V2500

☆☆☆☆☆

“Unit Purchased: RX-V2500 by Yamaha ”

Written on: 06/06/2005 by holotgraphicmem (2 reviews written)

Unit Purchased: RX-V2500 by Yamaha

I bought this unit about 6 weeks ago. I wanted to swap out my Harmon Kardon AVR-525 because of some Harmon Kardon design attributes I did not care to keep accepting. The Yamaha ran for about 30 minutes, flashed something on the screen beginning with "SP" then shut off. I could not get it to turn on again.

Well, there is no reset I could find, neither are there user accessible fuses. For reset instructions the manual advises you to unplug the unit and set it… Read Full Review

Holotgraphicmem's Response to holotgraphicmem's Review

Written on: 06/12/2005

Well here it is - December. Yamaha service has not improved. The current status is as follows:
<br>
<br>Within a few hours it died. Ever since then all I get is hassles from Yamaha. It has been in the shop three times. I get it fixed, bring it home, I plug it in, and it dies within an hour. Once it ran for a few days. I guess others love their Yamaha's, but if you get a lemon, you just donated to Yamaha, because you won't get a swap or your funds back. The first thing the support staff start to do is attack you, claiming your purchase is invalid. Huh? What? I called my salesman and the store, they basically said, "Yup that sounds like Yamaha."
<br>
<br>I have all this documented, mailed and sent, and also filed with the BBB. Did you know that Yamaha has an F from the BBB? Basically that means if you have a problem it is doubtful you will get resolution. Do you want to be that customer? You do! (Sarcasm Alert) Well gamble!!! Buy a Yamaha, maybe you will win. But if you spend a lot of money and lose, save yourself a heart attack and drop it. Based on my experiences, Yamaha agents don’t seem to care about its customers or the products, but someone at Yamaha sure can write some wonderful specifications that draw in the technology junkies cash.

Read 1 Comment