Sin City Reviews

Sin City - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sin City

Sin City

“Sin City is one of those films that I heard of and...”

Written on: 07/01/2010 by zagureanu (27 reviews written)

Sin City is one of those films that I heard of and really wanted to go and see at the cinema but because it was technically a black and white film, nobody would come with me. Sad but true. Anyway I bought it the day it came out on DVD and let me tell you I was not disappointed.
-----
What is it about and who stars in it?
Reading from the back of the box.
Based on Frank Miller's series of edgy graphic novels, co-directors Miller and Robert Rodriguez deliver an amazing ensemble cast in the… Read Full Review

“Some people absoultely rave about this film. I must...”

Written on: 30/10/2009 by glenc (319 reviews written)

Some people absoultely rave about this film. I must confess I didnt sit through the whole thing as I become utterly bored within about 30 minutes.

Maybe it gets exceptionally good later - in which case I apologise for this review.

However, the 30 minutes I saw were extraordinarily poor and very over self indulgent.

I like the fact that they've tried to do something different - I do get bored of the same old Hollywood films being churned out one after another - However, unfortunately for me… Read Full Review

“I'm not the kind of person who would normally watch a...”

Written on: 03/01/2007 by emza2511 (176 reviews written)

I'm not the kind of person who would normally watch a movie like Sin City, never mind like it! Put on a chick flick and I'll be happy for hours; however I actually thought Sin City was really really good!
It's based on a collection of corrupt stories about the crime-infested hell-hole that is Basin City. The main storylines are based around Marv who avenges a murdered hooker, private eye Dwight helps a red light district stay independent from the Mob and disgraced cop Hartigan shields a dancer… Read Full Review

“I took my girlfriend to see this film which I will...”

Written on: 22/09/2005 by Rocksteady (56 reviews written)

I took my girlfriend to see this film which I will admit with hindsight may have been a mistake - she is more of a 'Hitch' or 'Love Actually' kind of girl and to say she didn't enjoy the film would be putting it lightly. Sin City is as far away from Hitch as humanly possible, even I have to admit it is one of the darkest most twisted films I have ever seen. Think of something bad in the world and it is in this film - drugs - yep, murder - yep, prostitution - yep, cannibalism - yep, weird yellow… Read Full Review

“Sin City - Disappointing - very disappointing. ...”

Written on: 13/06/2005 by bliss (1 review written)

Sin City - Disappointing - very disappointing. Potential was great considering the line up... Mickey Rourke, Rutgar Hauer (or however you spell it), Bruce Willis, Benecio Del Toro, Clive Owen.... but no. Just wasn't happening for me. None of the major storylines grabbed me and, as a consequence, the film became something to be endured as opposed to enjoyed. I became increasingly annoyed with the incessant throaty growls of all male characters. The 'meaningful' stares became laughable and… Read Full Review

Olga1921's Response to bliss's Review

Written on: 23/06/2005

agree! I wrote a review but it got lost. I thought it was almost a good film, then in the last hour I really wanted to get out of there, and I imagined if I had gone with a guy, it would be a break-up movie if you weren't getting on well, it was so bleak. And Clive Owen was just awful!!
<br>Some good acting, some great ideas, but just too much, too long, too derivative despite the original graphics.

Read 1 Comment