Mary Poppins the Musical Reviews

Mary Poppins the Musical - Ask a question now

“The best musical ever!”

Written on: 17/11/2016 by LuisHess (1 review written)

I saw this show at Bradford Alhambra last night and it has become my favourite ever musical. I have always loved the film so I was really looking forward to this and wasn't let down. A terrifically talented cast that made your heart sing, stunning sets, superb choreography and even a live orchestra which was an added delight. Plenty of surprises, such as tap dancing upside down! The child actors were surpringly good and held their own. The lead parts nailed it and quite rightly got a standing… Read Full Review

“Mary Poppins was just a show that doesn't have...”

Written on: 06/10/2007 by JB12 (2 reviews written)

Mary Poppins was just a show that doesn't have anything that brings you down. However, it's not some stupid HAPPY HAPPY show, its about how close a family should be and how much love you should have for each other! Mary Poppins is great for everyone one and you'll want to go back and see it again!… Read Full Review

“I've been to a few theatre productions in my time and...”

Written on: 18/01/2007 by Poodlepops (5 reviews written)

I've been to a few theatre productions in my time and this was by far my favourite!! The actress who plays Mary Poppins is exactly what you would want her to be like, kind, serene and 'practially perfect'! The sets, props and costumes are amazing, as are each and every member of the supporting cast. Mary Poppins' final exit (which I wont spoil) is brilliant as is Burt dancing on the ceiling, and I'd love to know how she fit all that stuff in her carpet bag! I really can't say enough good… Read Full Review

“Wow! I really didn't want to see Mary Poppins but was...”

Written on: 03/06/2005 by KerryL (3 reviews written)

Wow! I really didn't want to see Mary Poppins but was dragged kicking and screaming by my 10 year old daughter.....how pleased was I????? This is an outstanding show - so polished you could have been watching a film, except for the atmosphere of course. Thoroughly enjoyeed the new songs with the exception of the "Temper, Temper" scene which I found unnecessary and violent. Highlights - supercalafragalisticexpealidocious, step in time and of course the Flying Mary Poppins… Read Full Review

265170_Cookson123's Response to KerryL's Review

Written on: 30/10/2006

Did you see the same musical as me?!
<br/>I thought Mary Poppins was an unprofessional musical with no entertainment factor at all.

Read 1 Comment