Callao Salvaje, Merlin Resort,(Ocean Club Aparthotel) Reviews

“We visited Merlin Resort (Ocean Club Apart) hotel in...”

written by kyleconnor on 18/02/2009

We visited Merlin Resort (Ocean Club Apart) hotel in january 2008 and still think about now, absolutely brill. a basic hotel. small pool but cold. staff are brill. food basic but good. took my 8 yr old grandson and now it is a year on he keeps asking to go back. even when he was the only child the entertainment staff still entertained him. he loved sticky. very relaxing and a family atmosphere. downside was bar closed at 11pm. entertainment room only open from 7pm. would definately go again. actually was just cheking price for oct 2009. everyone who was there at time said they had read bad reviews and was so happy with the holiday overall and was going to put reviews in when got back to say that this is a great hotel to stay at. but must admit a very small resort but get no hassle from time-share like the big resorts.

“Entertainment was excellent, from kids to adults,...”

written by liamkian on 08/02/2009

Entertainment was excellent, from kids to adults, Sticky , Amy and co! Food and drink was good and a lot better than anticipated, would return here again.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Descriptions given when booking by agents show that...”

written by ramboram on 14/12/2008

Descriptions given when booking by agents show that obviously they haven't been, its not close to any thing at all and I mean at all. Well out of the way, ok if you are a geriatric an just need to chill, kids entertainment is poor an adults don't start till 11 pm when your wrist bands run out so you have to pay. Its not to good at all and taxi drivers like to overcharge you. So haggle before you get in taxis. Weather is also not to good so that doesn't help. We have conplained to hotel and to rep but no one wants to help. Just passing the book so we will take it up with booking agent back in England. Buyer be where!!!!

“The entertainers kept us amused during the day and...”

written by on 05/12/2008

The entertainers kept us amused during the day and evening, although a little more varied entertainment would have been a bonus at night.
The food was varied and well cooked (only downside to this was you were not allowed to eat in outside at lunchtime). On an odd occasion where it needed to be a little warmer a microwave was provided. We never had an upset stomach once, and always found something to eat.
To vary on entertainment try the Perle Grey at the bottom of the road say hi to the compare if you go.
Everywhere was clean and there were plenty of sunbeds and parasols around the pools. There is a table where people leave behind suntan creams. shower Gel etc, so before going out to buy anything you have forgot try there first. They do a book exchange etc too. The room were cleaned everyday the maids were working and clean towels ans clean sheets were always available.
We had a most enjoyable stay at the Merlin Resort, and definitely will go back when funds allow.

“My family and i loved the Ocean Club Aparthotel so...”

written by on 05/10/2008

My family and i loved the Ocean Club Aparthotel so much we have been to it 3 times and even took friends with us. There is so much for the kids to do. They ran a free bus to take you into the main town which is only about 10 mins away.
We loved every minute of this holiday and have looked in first brochures over the past two years and they don't seem to do it anymore but if anyone knows who does please say.

“book it book it book it book it book it book it book...”

written by rachaelodom on 20/08/2008

book it book it book it book it book it book it book it book it, you are in a sun trap here believe me even at xmas yes it has bad reviews but find me one hotel that hasnt
reps are great Van, Sticky, Haylee all staff and Carla behind bar made my family and me very welcome big round of applause to you all.
ps if you visited in xmas/new year in 07 miss you all guys great memorys x x x carl, rach, and andy x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

“Great first holiday for me and my girlfriend now...”

written by on 14/05/2008

Great first holiday for me and my girlfriend now called the Merlin resort. I had a great time we both did and I would go again. Not much to do around the hotel in that area but there are buses into the town it was great.

☆☆☆☆☆

“After 3 days at Ocean Club, First Choice moved 13...”

written by ireneG on 11/06/2007

After 3 days at Ocean Club, First Choice moved 13 people to a different hotel which was a lovely hotel but not suitable for older kids, ours were 12, 14, 16 and they were bored.
Whilst at the Ocean Club my children's swimming costume and shorts turned green, I reported that to the rep and was told to claim off First Choice, they will not pay up and only offered a voucher for a future holiday, no thanks.
I am now taking them to court.
Do not go to this hotel.

☆☆☆☆☆

“I was lucky I had my credit card with me, and after...”

written by holidayjohn on 30/09/2006

I was lucky I had my credit card with me, and after filling out a report with the First Choice rep (who agreed with all my complaints.) The rep said I would have to wait until the following Wednesday (it was now Saturday) to see if there "might be a chance of a move". Oh, would I... I left the Ocean Club Aparthotel in Tenerife to book myself into a proper hotel. I booked into The Bitacora, which is a real 4 star hotel. First choice were advertising the Ocean Club as a 4 star, which it is not! It's a 4 crown, and whatever a crown is, it isn't a star.

On returning to England I sent copies of the photos of the room at the Ocean Club, and a report to First Choice, and they immediately refunded me the £800 extra I had to pay out there to change hotels through them.

My only complaint is that the Ocean Club was not worth what I had paid to start with, and the net result was that I still paid significantly more for my final holiday than if I had booked The Bitacora with them to start with. First Choice will always be my last choice.

“Re 5th Sept review on the Ocean Club Aparthotel by...”

written by Dale Hunter on 14/09/2005

Re 5th Sept review on the Ocean Club Aparthotel by negative person. All our linen was changed, the room was serviced and we had no complaints about the way the place was run.
Plenty of daytime activities and the staff were always helpful. It you want a 5 star wait on me all day thing then pay for it and stop moaning about a great 3 star place.

☆☆☆☆☆

“The brochure is very misleading. The Ocean Club...”

written by jayne hobby on 05/09/2005

The brochure is very misleading. The Ocean Club Aparthotel is an absolute disgrace.

Dale Hunter's Response to jayne hobby's Review

Written on: 14/09/2005

Totally disagree with Jayne. Went for a week in Mid August had the greatest time, no problems with the room or the servicing. Food was fine, bit repetitive but okay. This is a 3 star place not a 5 star place so if you expect to have 5 star service then pay more money and go 5 star.
<br>The 3 of us totally enjoyed our stay.

Read 1 Comment

“Callao Salvaje, Ocean Club Aparthotel - On arrival we...”

written by katrinat6 on 25/06/2005

Callao Salvaje, Ocean Club Aparthotel - On arrival we were apprehensive due to reading bad reports, but were pleasantly surprised. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were well laid out and very clean, noise was kept to minimum, the entertainment was excellent, we never felt the need to go elsewhere to be entertained, food was fantastic and plenty to chose from with lots of different options on the menu. All in all we found this to be a very pleasant holiday reflecting the price. Also if we had children there was plenty for them as well, generally a good all rounder. I would rate this holiday at 9.