Daewoo DS700D Reviews

Broadcast Type: Terrestrial
Compatible Service: Freeview
Analog Tuner: PAL
Convenience
Program Guide: Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
Additional Features: Over the Air Software Download
Included Accessories: SCART Cable

“Generally a good picture, but very fussy about signal....”

written by johndav on 13/03/2007

Generally a good picture, but very fussy about signal. From memory this unit only cost about £35.00, so I suppose it lasting 18months was OK

“Have bought four of these Daewoo DS700D's and have had...”

written by davinci on 02/09/2006

Have bought four of these Daewoo DS700D's and have had to send three back for replacements because the box stops working until you switch off at mains and switch back on, this usually works but not always. Doesn't seem to be made to last.

“I do feel a box should last longer then the last two I...”

written by billy nicholls on 11/03/2006

I do feel a box should last longer then the last two I had. I telephoned in for help and told them and I was just told to write in, so I am hoping Daewoo will do something about it.

“We use the Daewoo DS700D Freeview box at work, where...”

written by Embyo on 06/09/2005

We use the Daewoo DS700D Freeview box at work, where we get a moderate signal. Everything works fine, though the teletext does not like loading. The EPG is brilliant. Some channels do seem to reload the details occasionally, and the tuner does not appear to be as sensitive as the 608P. If you are unsure, and your local Tesco's has it, you may consider that. The advantage of the 700 is the EPG (rather than just Now and Next), and the two Scarts allowing you to record things from Digital. Though to be honest, programs are repeated enough, and with hindsight I would have preferred it to the Phillips I bought.

“My first taste of freeview, the Daewoo DS700D is a...”

written by Stew84 on 16/06/2005

My first taste of freeview, the Daewoo DS700D is a good value box with all the features you would expect and more.

2 Scarts
Rf Modulaor
7 Day Epg

All for £45 is a good buy.

This box is also quite small and looks cool.

The only drawback is the huming noise from its adapter.

Clemenzina's Response to Stew84's Review

Written on: 12/01/2006

I have the DS700 (without the D on the end), recently purchased from Amazon. It has no "power adapter", it just plugs in with an ordinary 3-pin plug - so there's no question of annoying humming.