Gibson Les Paul Studio Reviews

• Appearance

Gibson Les Paul Studio - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Gibson Les Paul Studio

Gibson Les Paul Studio

“I bought my Gibson Les Paul Studio second hand, but...”

written by on 02/12/2009

I bought my Gibson Les Paul Studio second hand, but 'as new', and it was a bargain. The Finish is pure class. While I was in the shop,I didn't even get it of the rack because I thought it was new,and therefore beyond my financial scope. I was pleasantly surprised. The 'Studio' is a supposedly 'stripped bare' version of the Les Paul' thereby enabling the price to remain low. The materials used are however pure Les Paul. The body is constructed from rosewood and maple. The maple top is not however a 'flametop'. This has no effect on tone,but must keep the cost down.
Accesability to the top frets takes some getting used to,but practice makes perfect.The resonance is out of this world,and allows for superb finger vibrato. Hghly recomended.

Gabespencer's Comment

Written on: 14/06/2022

A bit misleading. The Fretboard might be rosewood but the body is Mahogany with a maple cap.

I'd agree the 'Studio is a superb guitar though. My 2016 Studio HP is an absolute keeper.

Read 1 Comment

“I bought my Les Paul Studio for my 16th birthday. wine...”

written by paulgillam on 23/04/2009

I bought my Les Paul Studio for my 16th birthday. wine red with gold hardware and rosewood fretboard.
I am now 30, and i love this guitar every time I pick it up.
It is easy to play, very forgiving, and sounds strong, deep and beautiful, with a broad degree of flexibility with the two pickups with their individual tone and volume controls.
Good for playing more or less anything, excelling in rich warm tones of jazz style sounds, and kicks it hard when you give it some volume and some proper Marshall-esque distortion...
The fully adjustable bridge makes it very easy to set the action as you prefer, and gives a solid place to rest your hand for picking.
the neck is slightly thicker than some guitars out there, but i find it fits the natural shape and grip of my hand better as I am not trying to pinch a skinny neck.
love it. a solid, well built reliable performer.

“The Gibson Les Paul Studio has a brillant and heavy...”

written by on 31/03/2009

The Gibson Les Paul Studio has a brillant and heavy tone, just like the standard model provides...it's always a good choice if one doesn't wan't to spend to much money for a good guitar with much more sustain...

“The Gibson Les Paul Studios is a great guitar, very...”

written by on 13/03/2009

The Gibson Les Paul Studios is a great guitar, very good sound and tone
I recommend it.

“I use a Les Paul Supreme on stage and bought this for...”

written by Sampson on 15/12/2008

I use a Les Paul Supreme on stage and bought this for a back up. I have been playing it for the past 2 hours and it is beautiful. So easy to play and the sound rivals the supreme. I was worried that because it was so light it would not have as much body or warmth but I need not have worried. I highly recommend the Studio.

Fender who?

“Very nice to play, Light, doesn't hurt your shoulder...”

written by on 02/12/2008

Very nice to play, Light, doesn't hurt your shoulder but quite expensive. An awesome guitar.

“The Gibson Les Paul Studio is an aamazing guitar,...”

written by rhubarbisrhubarb on 22/08/2008

The Gibson Les Paul Studio is an aamazing guitar, worth the money for such a great range of tones.

“When I bought this guitar I tried a standard and a...”

written by on 27/07/2008

When I bought this guitar I tried a standard and a limited addition 60th anniversary model and the more expensive the price "the more the sweeter the sound and the heavier the guitar got". I find the Les Paul Studio Premium model I bought will do just fine. I love the finish of the Red model.

“I've owned a Gibson SG and I've also got an Ibanez...”

written by on 25/07/2008

I've owned a Gibson SG and I've also got an Ibanez Jem, although I prefer my Jem this guitar cannot be faulted, it's almost perfect. The neck was a bother at first but I soon was playing and I swear it's sound drifted out of my Amp like a beautiful whisper; only to have me turn on the overdrive and blast it!

Amazing tone, great for all types of guitarists!

“I would have no qualms about recommending the Gibson...”

written by MalcolmPorter on 01/07/2008

I would have no qualms about recommending the Gibson Les Paul Studio guitar, and certainly I'd buy a replacement if anything should happen to mine. As I say, the latest guitars (2008) seem to be of high quality so now is the time to treat yourself (you know it makes sense!).

“Excellent guitar with a wide variety of sounds. Stays...”

written by Malzanar on 24/06/2008

Excellent guitar with a wide variety of sounds. Stays in tune like no other.

“To end up I would say the ease of playing is...”

written by ravif on 23/06/2008

To end up I would say the ease of playing is definitely better with a fender maple. Fretboards, say a tele or strat.....but for the tone .........there is nothing better than a Gibson Lespaul std. No question about it, it will take you places where no other guitar can ever dream of!!

“The Les Paul Studio is an excellent guitar and gives...”

written by dudelove on 04/06/2008

The Les Paul Studio is an excellent guitar and gives players out there who want a Gibson Les Paul without having to empty their pockets. Its a great value for money. The guitar has never let me down in any way and has proven again the high standards all Gibson guitars have.

“Gibson Les Paul Studio sounds great, heavy raunchy...”

written by on 24/05/2008

Gibson Les Paul Studio sounds great, heavy raunchy rock n roll when needed but can be soothing and tender. Amazing guitar, BUY IT!

“Overall a fantastic guitar. Worth every cent, the...”

written by on 15/05/2008

Overall a fantastic guitar. Worth every cent, the tone, craftsmanship and stunning beauty of this beast of an axe will blow you away everytime, and have you coming back for more. My suggestion to the reader: Stop reading this review. Close your web browser, and turn off your computer. Go to your local music store, and get your hands on this guitar...and well, don't forget to pay for it, lol.

“I've been playing for nearly 30 years and have owned...”

written by Rtowey on 14/05/2008

I've been playing for nearly 30 years and have owned most brands over the years. I think the Gibson Les Paul Studio is one of the very best I've owned and played. I was a little worried that I would find the 50's neck too clubby but I needn't have worried, it's lovely.
I currently own 2 Fender Strats, a Telecaster, a Fernandes Revolver and a Martin D28. To be honest the Martin took more getting used to and this one fitted me like a glove.
I can't recomend it highly enough.

“Tone, sustain, feel, playability and that all...”

written by on 09/05/2008

Tone, sustain, feel, playability and that all important headstick logo are to die for. If you can spare the cash get one and you'll be playing Gibsons for the rest of your life.

“The Gibson Les Paul Studio is such a nice guitar and...”

written by on 21/04/2008

The Gibson Les Paul Studio is such a nice guitar and it just reminds me of the greatest Corde du' rhone wine i have ever tasted what is there to say, love that guitar xD

“I think the Gibson Les Paul Studio is the best guitar...”

written by dannybear on 25/03/2008

I think the Gibson Les Paul Studio is the best guitar I have played. The sound is real nice and this guitar has an all round good feel to it. Apart from the neck being slightly thick, I love these guitars.

“For the price this one is amazing. My other guitars...”

written by slkmaniac on 20/03/2008

For the price this one is amazing. My other guitars are a '73 Fender Strat, 335, and G&L ASAT. so in real terms this Gibson is the cheapest guitar but I like it as much as any of them. I didn't like the neck at first as it just didn't feel right but within 10 minutes I was loving it. The sound is pure magic -so different than the Fender or G&L. To be honest I only got it because I'd fancied a Les Paul for the last 25 years but only really to 'make up the set'. I'm glad I did and after a week I absolutely love it.