Zurich Life Insurance Reviews

Zurich Life Insurance
2.1

Zurich Life Insurance - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Zurich Life Insurance

“WARNING BEFORE YOU TAKE OUT INSURANCE WITH ZURICH...”

written by Sophie11111 on 03/07/2023

I have a disability insurance with Zurich Insurance paid for by my employer. I fell very seriously ill. Under a fallacious pretext, this insurance company did not pay me the disability pension/annuity that it owes me, and because of this I found myself homeless and very seriously ill, without resources. Zurich Insurance has simply stopped unlawfully the payment of my disability pension/annuity, has not honored its commitments and conditions, and wants nothing to do with it despite my various complaints. If, like me, you find yourself on disability and this is your only income, like me you will be out on the street, sick and with no income. So avoid this insurance company at all costs.

“I had made the biggest mistake of my life of buying...”

written by JoginderGujral on 02/05/2022

I had made the biggest mistake of my life of buying the Zurich Futura policy for USD 1 million coverage. I paid premiums of USD 154k and left with almost USD 100k. Lost more than USD50k in a span of 10 years. Despite, the fact that the markets were increasing. I bought my policy through NExus in UAE. They are all hand in gloves with each other. Even the Ombudsman is bought out by Zurich. I would recommend going with Term Insurance and investing as per your choice. Zurich Futura premiums are exorbitant and their fund management charges are very high too. Both Zurich and Nexus are not transparent. Stay away from both, especially when you are dealing with lifetime savings.

“Waste of money”

written by PrestonGarcia402 on 22/10/2020

Zurich used to promote this as a combined insurance and investment plan but had to withdraw that description because the investment part is so poor. Buy a term insurance and invest separately. And don't do either through Zurich - there are many better quality and better providers of both insurance and investments in the market.

“Zurich Futura Policy”

written by AlexaMaxwell on 26/09/2017

My advice to all considering Zurich Futura policy - Be careful of Nexus insurance broker consultants who will show investment returns up to 7 or 8%. The current level is 2% or less if you are lucky. - insurance coverage period as you can expect a letter anticipated a decrease of insurance period considerably. (99 years coverage to reduce to 40 years with current performance level) Not at all recommended for investment purpose and surely one should look for other insurance instrument.

Sudeepsamalex's Comment

Written on: 24/07/2020

Rightly said. You can still save your Futura from collapse.

“Waste of time ”

written by wt2acy on 25/05/2017

Having had heart failure then lung and kidney at same time I was put on a Ekmo machine to save my life.i have been left with drop foot in both feet and now have limited mobility.Now taking 20 tablets a day.Zurich turned critical illness claim down and when I asked if they new about what the Ekmo machine does they replied no . How can they turn me down when they don't even know what that machine does my family was told I wouldn't make it but I was transferred to a different town to be put on this machine and was in a induced coma for 3 weeks

“Claim is excllent”

written by rlGomez224 on 30/07/2016

one of my cousin have taken the zurich futura plan 8 months back.Recently he diagonised with Heart attack.he has taken 150k$ critical illness and he got the claim with in 10 working days..Not only that one of my friends family got the death claim also with in 20 days time and they helped a lot for getting the claim at the earliest.I will suggest you can go for futura and its value for money.Please ensure this is not a investment plan and dont expect much returns in this plan.

“Claim is excllent”

written by rlGomez224 on 28/07/2016

“Invest $33,000 in 2002 and see it decline to $19000 in...”

written by phSpence434 on 15/05/2016

Was sold an insurance policy by Zurich 14 years ago. The kind of insurance policy that requires you to sign so many papers with fine print, only to discover 14 years later that despite whatever hard earned investment I made, Zurich was out to take it over citing multiple claims of not paying. Net Net, I invested $33,000 in this Zurich Vista policy that started in 2002, and now it has a real cashed in value of $19,000 after 14 years of supposedly Zurich investing this money. When discussed with the team to try and understand the logic of this equation, I was given more wonderful investment simulations that basically promise that if the stars align and the moon lands on earth, I may redeem $28,000 of the $33,000 invested 14 years ago. A sorry and expensive learning experience, hence I encourage anyone reading this to stay away from anything Zurich has to offer. Because not only do they lose chunks of your money; for whatever is left, they will give you the runaround and delay any request to cash in your hard earned money once they lay their hands on it. Be warned!

Brianthedog's Comment

Written on: 26/05/2016

The last paragraph is also my own experience, total terwats

“Don't agree to your funds being managed by Broker or...”

written by LorenaDonaldson on 30/01/2016

Don't agree to your funds being managed by Broker or Funds Investment manager. Be vigilant and keep monitoring your funds on monthly basis. There is big collision between Zurich and "Nexus" BROKER. Be careful. I would advice do not go for Zurich Futura policy. And if you have already made that mistake then keep the funds allocation in your hands. DO NOT BUY ANY ZURICH FUTURA POLICY.

“Zurich does LIE”

written by oldharold on 07/03/2014

I purchased a whole life policy to provide an annuity in later years. I thought I was doing business with a reputable insurance company. Several years after I purchased the policy, I received a nice letter from Chase Insurance, (as in CHASE BANK), informing me that they were taking over my policy. If this were not bad enough, I then received a letter from Chase Ins. informing me that they had merged with someone called Protective Life. I guess it wasn't necessary to consult me. I received annual reports from Zurich, but Chase and Protective Life do not find it necessary to send this information to the policy holders. I did get one report after I called and requested it. If this were not enough, I became concerned after reviewing some of their reviews. There seem to be quite a few. I have a nagging concern that some day after I'm gone, my wife might have trouble getting paid the annuity. Do I have reason to be concerned? I'll never know. After I die my wife will find out. Why did all this happen? Maybe some CEO's (Zurich and Chase)needed a few $$$extra million$$$ for their retirement.

“For the Lady who lost her mother!”

written by on 16/10/2013

How was the policy set up? Direct with Zurich or through an IFA/Broker., I have had various problems with Zurich as a company and choose not to place any business with them due to the poor customer service level. The FCA would be the next point of call if you do not receive a satisfactory outcome. The policy should pay out even if your mum died before the first premium was paid unless it is a non underwritten policy, however it doesn't sound that way as Zurich contacted your mothers GP for a report prior to the policy starting. I hope the above is of useful information to you Regards Life Insurance Adviser Northamptonshire

“They do not honour their policies after one payment!!”

written by on 08/08/2013

When I took out the policy, I was told they honour the policy, even if only one payment had been made. My Mum died suddenly in hospital on 29 June 2013 and I had made two payments to Zurich. The cause of her death was bronchopneumonia, multiple organ failure and heart attacks x 3. Her death was not expected and before Zurich accepted the policy, they asked for and received a report from her GP. As the money was not forthcoming following notification of her death and completing all the required paperwork, including sending proof of my identity, I received a letter from them stating (after 3 weeks) they were still assessing her policy. As I have not yet paid the funeral directors and Mum is receiving failure to pay notices from Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd (I have contacted them), I was getting very worried they would not pay the money to cover these obligatory payments. I phoned Zurich’s office yesterday and the lady I spoke with said they were withholding payment because I had only made 2 payments. I advised that I had been told they pay if only one payment is received. Her answer was that those people who had been paying for 20 years would definitely get their money, but I would have to wait for their decision. I have a very strong feeling they are trying to get out of paying because she died suddenly. Do they think I bumped off my lovely Mum? If they do they are cruel buggers and how do they think I did it - she was in hospital at the time. I called the ambulance when I saw how ill she looked. Her skin was grey and she felt clammy. I knew enough to call the ambulance immediately and stayed with her into the evening. The hospital told me she had made an improvement so I went home. When I went to visit her the next day with some face cloths, shower wash and clean nighties, she was very ill and was being ignored by the nursing staff. I drew their attention to my Mum and they eventually started to help her, but it was too late and she dies in ITU a couple of hours later having had 3 heart attacks.

“My wife suffered a critical illness but was not told...”

written by on 04/04/2011

My wife suffered a critical illness but was not told by the NHS until 2.5 years later! Fortunately no problems have materialised since then. However when we claimed on her Zurich critical illness plan, the claim was processed without delay, in spite of the lateness of our claim.

“After my wife suffered a stroke I made a claim on the...”

written by on 31/05/2008

After my wife suffered a stroke I made a claim on the critical injury part of our mortgage/life and critical illness cover, due to being unable to claim herself I had to apply to the court of protection to be able to manage her claim. During this time Zurich actually contacted me to see when they could pay the claim. Sadly my wife died before I was able to obtain the court of protection's ruling. I claimed then on the life insurance part of the cover and zurich paid both the critical illness cover and life cover within the month. I have nothing but praise for them as a company.

Rogcay's Comment

Written on: 26/06/2008

I found this review helpful because... Finding out how likely they are to pay out is much more important than finding out how easy it is to buy a policy!

Elaine Haywood's Comment

Written on: 07/02/2010

I am adding to the recent comments about Zurich Insurance because although I have never had any life cover from Zurich (I never will!) I have had dealing with this company that lead me to believe they are not to be trusted. This is, of course, my opinion. Read my personal blog on elainesbrokenankle.blogspot.com to find out just how bad Zurich's behaviour can be!