Black Horse Loans Reviews - www.blackhorse.co.uk

Black Horse Loans www.blackhorse.co.uk

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Faulty Goods”

Written on: 03/07/2014 by TheBoy7 (1 review written)

I would like to say i used Black Horse finance to buy a car. The car i bought had faults. I contacted the Dealer i bought it from and they wanted nothing to do with my claim. I contacted Black Horse and it first there was a bit confusion over the claim. Once the confusion was sorted Black Horse were really good at sorting the problem… Read Full Review

Alexsophieamber's Response to TheBoy7's Review

Written on: 03/05/2015

Was it a vauxhall by any chance?

Theboy7's reply to Alexsophieamber's Comment

Written on: 03/05/2015

No it was a VW from Benfield Silverlink.
They were in their rights as my contract was with finance company"but bad customer service from Benfield"

Read 2 Comments

“Simply Amazing”

Written on: 01/01/2014 by Margaret214 (3 reviews written)

To all the people who have made negative comments about Black horse Finance. I have been a customer for over 15 years. Recently I have had to ask Black horse for help. My medical and financial situation meant that I was struggling to meet my monthly car finance. I spoke to some senior guy called James who could not do enough for me. Even very senior director and steak holder even replied to my email. Black horse Finance are so truly professional and are a fantastic company to deal with. Take… Read Full Review

Squishgalaxy's Response to Margaret214's Review

Written on: 13/01/2015

Totally disagree I a customer of 2 half years never missed a payment and they declined my finance after what we thought had bought a car. Glad you had good experience but I would warn anyone I paid on time every month and yet they declined when we phoned a Gareth from business section cancelled call!

Margaret214's reply to Squishgalaxy's Comment

Written on: 13/01/2015

You can disagree, but there 2 sides to every story. Blackhorse are a professional reputable company and they looked at my case from both sides. I understood that I had to take full responsibility but give them credit here they treated the customer very fairly. Blackhorse all they way.

Brzeczyszczykiewicz's reply to Margaret214's Comment

Written on: 10/10/2015

I agree with you. They do according to what customer VOLUNTARILY PROMISED to do. I am sorry, but if you do not have the money put aside for a rainy day (at least 3 months all bills equivalent), then do not buy a car just to impress your neighbours.

Alexsophieamber's Response to Margaret214's Review

Written on: 03/05/2015

That's what I think too. They will go out there way to help you if you meed them. I have had no problems with them.

Read 4 Comments

“Blackhorse Oldbury”

Written on: 21/07/2013 by ak89 (5 reviews written)

Purchased an Audi A4 from Blackhorse Oldbury a few months ago. They seem very busy and I had a bit of a wait. They will deduct £200 off the asking price of the car to make it look like they are giving you a deal. Do not negotiate on the price while you are sat in the dealership, they will not budge a penny. Instead let them sweat it out and negotiate over the phone where you are in full control. The guy who I dealt with was pleasant enough, the test drive could have been a bit longer. It was… Read Full Review

“Very helpful”

Written on: 13/03/2013

Quick desicion on finance for car even extended the term to lower the payments as the car was nearly eight years old was told that this is very uncommon but great for me as put the car in my financial reach, the warranty company wouldnt pay out when should of done so one call to customer services and the money I paid to get car fixed was reimbursed… Read Full Review

“I have dealt with this company sice 2006 ( original...”

Written on: 25/02/2011 by sazdutt (2 reviews written)

I have dealt with this company sice 2006 ( original loan for my double glazed windows ) they were brilliant throughout the application, i also taken out a top up in 2009 and yet again i received good cust service , i have personally never had a problem with them. My loan is due up in july and if asked again , i would do business with them again.
For those on here refused further credit from Blachorse, its refreshing to see a company giving a tight lending policy. maybe u have bitten off more… Read Full Review

Scotsphil's Response to sazdutt's Review

Written on: 16/09/2013

If they "bit off more than they could chew" then Black Horse allowed them to.You are lucky that circumstances have not forced you to default and be at the mercy of these sharks. Lenders love it when borrowers default and fall fowl of penalties. Don't be so so bloody smug!

Sazdutt's Response to sazdutt's Review

Written on: 20/09/2013

Everyone has there own experiences with companies i just expressed mine. Oobviously from your response you have had different dealings with them that hsve made u feel that bitter that you responded to my innocent review of their services. i too have defaulted so im not smug dont assume! They dealt with me fairly throughout. .. im an honest person and speak as i see, that review isnt there to. pee people off! Its there from my experience from the company. i suggest if you have a gripe about them then u should be directing ut at the company... i have there number if you need it !

Read 2 Comments

“Black Horse Finance. Well I got a car on finance...”

Written on: 27/03/2009 by melanieb1 (1 review written)

Black Horse Finance. Well I got a car on finance through black horse last October, even though my credit wasnt all that good and they took me on straight away. Paying a little more in interest but only about £15 a month. Not missed a payment and they are fantastic to deal with. Very helpfull and friendly. Then 2 weeks ago i took a £1000 loan out to secure my venue for my wedding. I went to see them on the Thursday and I had the money in my bank account by Tuesday. I was rejected by Yorkshire… Read Full Review

“This is my second loan with Blackhorse - received one...”

Written on: 23/09/2008 by happypersonagain (1 review written)

This is my second loan with Blackhorse - received one in around last September when no one else would give me a loan (poor credit rating) and so decided to try them anyway - nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Thought at that time that if I did get a loan from Blackhorse then it would help me out of my hole and that was also chance for me to improve my credit rating and luckily for me they approved my loan application at that time - helped me out of a hole and I haven't looked back. Kept my… Read Full Review

“We don't have a good credit rating due to...”

Written on: 29/05/2008 by soxsandpants (2 reviews written)

We don't have a good credit rating due to circumstances in the past, however during the last 5 years we have been paying things off slowly but surely. However, despite the fact that no payments have been missed on anything we are still turned doen by the big companies for anything from a decent bank account to a mortgage. Black Horse however took our recent credit history into account over the past events. They did acknowledge our ccjs but noted that they were being paid and no payments on… Read Full Review

“Black Horse Loans has helped me out of a hole at this...”

Written on: 23/11/2007 by happyperson (1 review written)

Black Horse Loans has helped me out of a hole at this stage and since they gave me a chance this is also an opportunity to try and repair my bad credit history (which incidentally was due to separating from partner and being left with all his bills too because they were registered at my address). The lady that dealt with me worked out my repayments to suit my means and didn't treat me as if I was begging for the loan like some other loan companies do. The whole process from start to finish… Read Full Review

“Very helpful. ”

Written on: 27/07/2007 by Rupertpower (12 reviews written)

Very helpful.
Higher rate but I am now a lot better off plus they helped me do the course I wanted to do.
Cross fingers I pass - Have passed part 1 - have 2 to go… Read Full Review

Rupertpower's Response to Rupertpower's Review

Written on: 22/08/2007

Tried to ring them up on the 0870 Tel No:
<br/>They refused to return my calls for * 3 * days - Why I don't know and when I applied to top up my loan they did not want to know.
<br/>When I asked if they did car finance - The reply was I doubt you will get it !
<br/>
<br/>Very Unhelpful, You would have thought they would be over backwards now you are a customer, but you are treated like muck.
<br/>
<br/>When paid off loan will not be using them again, Did help me out in the first place but at a high apr rate.

Read 1 Comment

“I was recommended to Black Horse Loans by Central...”

Written on: 13/04/2006 by davyboy (3 reviews written)

I was recommended to Black Horse Loans by Central Capital, and they were fantastic! I didn't have a perfect credit rating, and at first I contacted MorganGartmore.com, and within ten minutes of filling in an application online Central Capital contacted me and said I had a loan agreed by Black Horse. I went to my local office, and they were the friendliest people. I was offered my loan and signed all the paperwork, and two days later the money was in my bank.

Wow! Real people at last! Please… Read Full Review

“I was a customer with Black Horse Loans for several...”

Written on: 22/03/2006 by stopchurchill (1 review written)

I was a customer with Black Horse Loans for several years. They were able to lend to me when others had turned me down. Always very quick and very helpful. One payment break a year really benefited me! The advisers are friendly, and all in all, I am very pleased with the treatment from Black Horse. I no longer have lending with them any more, as I cleared all my debts, but if I ever needed to get a loan again, Black Horse would be top of my list… Read Full Review