HSBC Car Insurance Reviews

1.0

HSBC Car Insurance - Ask a question now

“Impossible to contact them and cancel direct debit!...”

written by 63Edmondson on 02/04/2022

I got the insurance when I bought my car and it was competitive at that time. It just renewed the first year without a notice. The next year it renewed and I missed the date. The insurance is now twice the price of other options and it's impossible to contact them to cancel it. They emailed me on a no reply email address and the number provided looped on hold for ten minutes before saying they can't assist at this time and to call back later. I wouldn't have agreed to direct debit if I knew how sneaky they are.

“Muppets”

written by steve_adkins on 03/11/2012

Two weeks ago I tried to tell them that I waS buying another car, a Toyota Yaris 2009 TR VVTi. They would not accept that the car existed. I thought I had given them enough time, so called them today to say the change is happening Monday. Despite advance warning the car still does not exist in their world and I have to wait for their "engineers" to get out of bed on Monday and maybe they will have it sorted in 2 days. Guess what I will remember come renewal.

“With their use of the HSBC brand I thought I could...”

written by on 01/04/2011

With their use of the HSBC brand I thought I could trust this insurer. I was ripped off from the start and had a terrible time getting them to accept the statement of my no claim bonus from Allianz, a reputable major insurer, and they inflated the premium price without good cause. I have just received their proposed renewal amount for '11-'12 of over 1,000 pound sent to me saying it would be charged automatically to my account if they didn't hear from me even though I had specified I did not want this to happen on my original proposal. This is a 25% increase on the previous year despite over 6 years no claims!!! I called them and they were unable to explain the huge increase or to tell me what value they had put on my car. I have now signed up with Sainsbury's Bank Car Insurance for just over 400 pounds with same policy contents. HSBC Car Insurers are bigger robbers than Ned Kelly and I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!!!

“We took out insurance with HSBC but had to switch...”

written by brandyb100 on 28/02/2011

We took out insurance with HSBC but had to switch vehicles mid-policy. They put the insurance up an enormous amount and because we would have been charged a cancellation fee of £700 we basially had no option but to put up with the massively increased premium until the end of the 12-month term. Yes, the car IS more expensive to ensure but the premium tripled to £2,800 - ridiculous!

Not only that but the customer service advisers on the phone were rude and unhelpful. The fact that two of the named drivers are journalists also increased the premium despite the fact that neither use the car for work.

All in all I was very unhappy.

Brandyb100's Response to brandyb100's Review

Written on: 08/08/2012

I had the same experience, complained to the Financial Ombudsman, and have received a refund from BISL (the underwriter) for £568. I would suggest you do the same. Apparently hundreds have made the same complaint and I hope the company will be ditching this policy (it's called short-term rates, and it has been dropped by a policy by most insurers apparently).
Cheers

“worst ever car insurance company ever,NEVER WASTE YOUR...”

written by scrapmetal on 10/02/2011

worst ever car insurance company ever,NEVER WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME WITH HSBC,CUSTOMER SERVICE AWFULL,UNDERWRITERS EVEN WORSE,FULLY COMPREHENSIVE AND INTITLED CURTESY CAR THEY TOLD ME NOOOOOOOOOOO,A MONTH LATE THEY SAID THEY MADE A MISTAKE AND I SHOULD OF RECIVED 1,,HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH PROMISES OF RING BACKS BUT NONE, BT WAS WELL HAPPY WITH MY BILL THE LAST 2 MONTHS,MAYBE HSBC GOT A CONTRACT WITH THEM ,,NOT ENUF SPACE TO TELL EVERYTHING SO IN IN 3 WORDS DONT USE HSBC

“i made a claim in march 2010 which was the other...”

written by on 17/01/2011

i made a claim in march 2010 which was the other drivers fault and had a nightmare trying to get it resolved, mainly due to the COOPERATIVE delaying , stalling and being useless. Eventually i received a cheque in full after going through HSBC COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT. I therefore it was all sorted and resolved and thought nothing untill renewing (with a different company) which doesnt insist you pay fees even though you have no car or charge £40 every time you change details. I now have been told that the other driver who was at fault, his ins company havent paid up and I have LOST 5 YEARS NO CLAIMS and have to declare myself as guilty to other companies as it is still on record as not resolved. DISGUSTING !!! my insurance has almost doulbled due to no fault of my own and many expensive calls min 20 mins wait to be answered.

“I have been insured with HSBC for 2 years and have had...”

written by on 28/12/2010

I have been insured with HSBC for 2 years and have had to go to the ombudsmen to resolve one issue. I had to insure with them the second time around as due to their errors on my policy they gave the cheapest quote. The call centre staff ( majority of not all) have a condesending tone no matter how polite and nice I have been with them. They talk over you and then ask you to let them finish. I would give them no stars at all and would advise no matter how cheap steer well cleared as the information they have on their database as opposed to your policy could invalidate your policy. Worst company I have ever dealt with.

“HSBC car insurance is really a nightmare. I just...”

written by on 22/12/2010

HSBC car insurance is really a nightmare. I just cancelled the contract. They charged me 195 pounds for the cancellation. I can't accept that they just changed my policy and increase the price without my agreement. Even the 195 pounds cancellation fee are defined by them without any discussion.

“They are slow, do not support the customer and are not...”

written by on 07/12/2010

They are slow, do not support the customer and are not value for money. Avoid where possible. I made a claim in May 2008 and it still has not been resolved. Liability has been agreed with the other party's representative on a 100% basis and the underwriter will not clear my details so I do not have to pay insurance rates as though it is still outstanding so I am paying £1700 instead of the £600!!!

“I verbally asked them not to renew a car Insurance...”

written by on 08/11/2010

I verbally asked them not to renew a car Insurance policy. I stopped the direct debit. They took the renewal premium from my debit card (used for a deposit the previous year) without my permission. This took my account to overdrawn and incurred charges.They will only refund all my money when I have sent them proof the car is insured elsewhere, will make no comment on their action of taking funds without permission, and despite twice saying they probably would pay my bank charges, they have now said they will not.
I have wasted hours already trying to sort a refund .
They accept their records show that I telephoned to make a change to the policy and to stop renewal.

“ After making phone calls to them every day for 2...”

written by on 21/09/2010

After making phone calls to them every day for 2 week since I reported the accident I just found that their garage in not available to repair my car until November. Even I made a complaint about how they have been handling my claim, customer service is not helpful at all.
HSBC has got big name value but their value is nothing.
It is the worst Insurer.
Never again.

“HSBC Insurance is the worst insurance company to go...”

written by on 09/03/2010

HSBC Insurance is the worst insurance company to go for! Do not choose them! I have read the reviews and i can relate to each person and statement.

Someone hit into the back of my car and even admitted liability to both insurance companies involved. My car got written off and i was offered a stupid amount and when disputed this and provided evidence was declined an increase, as a company as the accident was not my fault HSBC should have fighted for me to get an increase or at least tried. They didn't do either. I know that they will sell my car on at a profit once salvaged.

You get promised that someone will contact you and NEVER receive any phone calls. My claim is a very EASY one to deal with and a open and closed claim however, HSBC are longing it for as long as they can and it is appalling how they are dealing with, i feel sorry for all those customers that have any other type of claims as if i am suffering so much then i can imagine how others may feel.

DO NOT GO WITH HSBC INSURANCE- It is proven that they are out for themselves and do not want to help their customers at all.

“this was one of the worst experiance of my life.do not...”

written by on 02/03/2010

this was one of the worst experiance of my life.do not get car insurance from hsbc.it all started with a guy driving in to me with only minor damage to both cars.whilst the guy was driving the wrong way down a oneway street i made a non fault claim.the third party denied this at the time.so was dealt with as a fault claim on my insurance until it was settled.my car cost 400 and over 2mnths to fix and still was not right after the third time of recieving it.they tried to say it was damaged in a previous crash total lie.I drive a top of the range golf which they sent to a dodgy ford garage.Like for like car was a ford ka{JOKE}.12MNTHS down the line after not recieving any info i rang to find they where pursuing a 50,50 claim and had cancelled my solicitor with out my knowledge.i was not happy to say the least i told her it was a non fault claim and i would not accept 50,50.in this time my insurance was up for renual it went from 800 to 2600 pounds.I could not afford this so got insurance 1600 elsewhere.2YRS later present time my insurance is up for renual again.they have not once in 2YRS wrote emailed or rang me so i rang to find it had gone in my favour and was settled they had only claimed there money not mine[damages or access]when i asked they said i would have to get intouch with the third parties insurer to get it back myself.they said i would have to speak to my current insurers to claim the differance on my policy i thought would be 800 but on my new policy they said there differance was 160.so lost 640 pounds there becuase i couldnt afford the ridiculas 2600 they offered me.theyve still not sent conformation still not got my claim, my insurance is still 1300 becuase of this,and stiil dont have any no claims this is over 2YEARS AND COST ME THOUSANDS for doin the right thing.it would have been better to have offered to pay the third party for all damages even though it wasnt my fault.would have cost 750 in total for both cars.my insurance would still be 800 and wouldnt have lost my car for moths.

“Stay far away from this HSBC insurance ”

written by on 27/02/2010

Stay far away from this HSBC insurance

I'm driving almost 20yrs in this country & this the worst ever car insurance experience I've had and also this the worst ever experience in my whole life (I'm 51yrs old).

I would NOT EVEN RECOMMEND TO MY ENAMY

Third class service from start to finish

“Don't insure with them. ”

written by on 14/02/2010

Don't insure with them.
I claimed in Dec, now mid February,
I am still waiting my car to be repaired.
They even tried to close my case!!
Unbelievable, horrble customer service.Never again!!
Trust me.

“Im not with them but they have witheld a exepnse claim...”

written by on 04/02/2010

Im not with them but they have witheld a exepnse claim through my insurer of expenses when their customer inflicted damages on me, this was settled 12 months later. It has now been 18 months for my exepnse claim and I can't get a reply from ringing them, emailing them and when I did evetually get through they denied knowledge of the expense claim which has since been blanked, me and my insurer are just about to take HSBC to small claims court, utterly terrible service and beyond belief they have customers...

“the worst i have ever had to deal with they fob u off...”

written by on 01/02/2010

the worst i have ever had to deal with they fob u off ,never seem to get through to the same department then a different phone number than be for,a person from independant company phoned that they were coming to look at damage to car when it was already at garage when asked which one i didnt know they were not told where car was,through this i lost my place in queue , about two weeks later they have said its been looked at 10 days have not heard anything after i complained they said i would be prioty,anybody who is thinking in going with company i would say a firm no ,i had comp insur i didnt get a car garage said thre were no automatics

“I am thoroughly disgusted with this service. I believe...”

written by on 23/01/2010

I am thoroughly disgusted with this service. I believe Corinthian was taken over by HSBC. I had an accident on 27/7/09 which was seen to be my fault and put in my claim. They valued my car at 1300.00 which I have argued as even car dealers value is 2000.00-2200.00. They after 6 months, and my chasing,advised a mistake had been made and increased offer to 1700.00. In Nov 09 I received a letter from the 3rd party threatening of Court proceedings against me as HSBC had not replied to their claim which on telephoning HSBC they denied receiving but promised to ring the party and sort it out. Yesterday 22/01/10 I received a court summons re third party claim. My insurance broker has written recently to advise my insurance is up for renewal and that HSBC are unwilling to re-insure me. Thank goodness for that!!!! I had to click 1 star as it will not allow you to not do so.

“HSBC is the worst insurance company I have ever used....”

written by on 22/01/2010

HSBC is the worst insurance company I have ever used. Someone reversed into me in a car park when I had my handbrake on and I sounded my horn to prompt the 3rd party to stop reversing. This happened in March 2009, 10 months on I am still waiting for my car to be repaired as they have been unable to contact the 3rd party's insurance company and establish liability!!

The customer service is none existent, they have contacted me once to acknowledge my claim and since then I have had to contact them every single time to get an update on my claim.

It doesn't help that the contact number to get an update on your claim is only open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, when everyone is at work !!

My advice is do not use this insurance company!

“HSBC Car Insurance ”

written by on 26/12/2009

HSBC Car Insurance

I would like to inform you about my story, about a year ago ......a buss driver almost hit my car and I felt am being a good citizen and informed HSBC that I will check my car in the morning just incase and log this as info only

There was no accident involve, a year from now ....with my no claim b, they telling me that i have made a claim and there is nothing i can do about it .....extremely bad customer service.....they keep telling to not call them again and that they will remove it from there records within 3 working days ......

I HAVE BEEN CHASING THIS PROBLEM FOR THE LAST 8 MONTHS ....HSBC car insurance is a big SCAM