Natwest Debit Card Reviews

Media Gallery for Natwest Debit Card

Natwest Debit Card

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“I bought some Euro's online through Travalex using my...”

Written on: 10/04/2011

I bought some Euro's online through Travalex using my Natwest Visa Debit card, when my statement arrived I saw that I had been charged £3.80.
The last time I bought currency with the old Switch card there weren't any charges.
The charges were not displayed on either website… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 27/08/2011

This is a Natwest issue, whilst converting from Switch to Visa Cards, the new VISA card scome with charges as VISA itself charge for foreign currency so the bank has to take this from you. If Natwest didnt write to you, you need to take it up with them.

However you're not alone, MOST UK banks charge their customers for foreign currency transactions, so this is a common practice

Read 1 Comment

“I have cancelled my Visa Debit Card. I object to...”

Written on: 24/09/2010

I have cancelled my Visa Debit Card. I object to paying a fee to use the card to purchase foreign currency in the UK.

I will now need to visit the counter at the bank to withdraw cash (in small amounts) which will be more costly and more inconvenient to the Bank than to myself… Read Full Review

“I have been a natwest customer in-excess of 40 years...”

Written on: 20/09/2010

I have been a natwest customer in-excess of 40 years and barring a single altercation 30 a more years ago, there service has been better than satisfactory. However, they have just sent me a replacement debit card with a visa brand. I rang and explained I did'nt want this I wanted to retain my maestro version, which still has 18months to run, but they insisted it would be superseded shortly.
You may already know but if you buy foriegn currency via a high street or internet forex exchange using a… Read Full Review

“I have just used my debit card to book a holiday. The...”

Written on: 27/08/2010

I have just used my debit card to book a holiday. The tour company told me the amount which i paid. They told me one price but the invoice was for a higher amount. I phoned Natwest and they informed me if you use the card online the tour company can use your card number many times and they Natwest will except this. I think Natwest should do something about this??? I even tried to phone the VISA card phone no 0845 3660391 after 30 minutes of waiting i gave up. I have been with Natwest for about… Read Full Review

Joyday44's Comment

Written on: 05/09/2013

You should not be charged for using your debit card to pay for a holiday,they do charge you if you use a credit card which I think is disgusting as many companies rely on on line bookings, the safest way to pay is by credit card but then charge you for it. Rip off

Read 1 Comment

“NatWest changed my Card from a Solo Debit Card to a...”

Written on: 16/03/2010

NatWest changed my Card from a Solo Debit Card to a Visa Debit Card in February 2010 and from thereon in the CHARGES started being made whereas with Solo Card there had been no such charges for the exact same transactions. They charged 2 fees for each transaction where the Visa Debit card was my Paypal draw down card (i.e. the Card was used by Paypal to take money from NatWest account to fund the Paypal transaction). What I did not like is the evasive answers from NatWest, Visa and Pay{al all… Read Full Review

“I was born and grew up in the UK. I moved to Israel...”

Written on: 24/12/2008 by BritishExpat (1 review written)

I was born and grew up in the UK. I moved to Israel five years ago. My sister lives in Germany. There is not one place in Israel that I can use Maestro to make point of sales transactions. Nearly all international websites don't take Maestro. Some banks in Israel don't take Cirus at cash points but most do SOMETIMES.
Mastercard have a credit card and Debit Mastercard and had Maestro as their equivalent to Solo card. In some countries like India, it was the main debit brand. Mastercard bought… Read Full Review

Habitaddict's Response to BritishExpat's Review

Written on: 20/05/2009

"Mastercard Debit" doesn't exist in the UK (but I've seen it in the US market). It's called "Maestro" here (formerly Switch) and is functionally equivalent to Solo, except with a cheque guarantee feature and greater acceptability (in the UK). As far as I know, banks will choose either VISA or Mastercard affiliation, then only issue cards of the one chosen brand.