Naims.co.uk Reviews - www.naims.co.uk

Naims.co.uk  www.naims.co.uk
Naims.co.uk  www.naims.co.uk

“Poor service”

written by on 26/10/2022

I have been very happy with Naims for several years, but am very disappointed now with their service. I have left messages on their answering machine but no one calls back.

“Excellent service and customer support, would...”

written by 377Larkin on 24/12/2017

Excellent service and customer support, would definitely recommend.

“Great Personal Service”

written by timtwingables on 28/04/2017

Have been with Naims for many years and have had no problems with Broadband for all that time. Today I had a router problem and they helped me sort it out straight away and my connection was restored in 15 Minutes. It is great to phone a number for help and get a person that can help with no call centre messages and waiting time.

“First class personal service”

written by Gohin on 24/10/2016

I chose Naims after reading a favourable review and have always found myself well pleased with the choice. Problems are always resolved quickly with a personal service rarely found in the modern world.

“Super Fast Broadband upgrade ”

written by TireeBoy on 12/09/2016

I have been with Naims for approx 6 yrs as my ISP . What attracted me was person /person direct contact instead of BT's labyrinth of call centres which continue to be incapable of accepting a basic logistical fact that when one lives on a remote Hebridean Island, 4 hours by ferry from the m/land, to call out an engineer remains an intangible concept! My recent upgrade to supposed superfast broad band would have been a nitemare but for Naims' input . BT arbitrarily cut-off my adsl line 2 days before transfer.This left me with no broadband connection. Transfer was was not notified till midnite, 60 hrs later. The next morning I still did not have any broadband connection, but the Naims cavalry came to the rescue..on a Sat morning !! Notwithstanding my purchasing a BT recommended vdsl router, it required configuration.But for Naims's advising and monitoring the configuration I would not have regained my broadband connection. The chances of succeeding doing the same through a BT call centre is a no-brainer. Naims have subsequently monitored my new speed and made cogent recommendations to maintain it As a consequence I have also now migratated to Naims for my tlf account. Thanks again Naims

“Excellent Phone and Broadband Service”

written by Gort2000 on 27/12/2015

Been with Naims Broadband for 8 years and phone service for 2 years. They have provided excellent service throughout that time. I recently upgraded to FTTC. Any issues with connection over the years have been due to my rural location and exchange problems which are the responsibility of BT Openreach. In these instances Naims or Entanet, who are the parent company, always respond immediately and get the problem sorted very quickly. There is no traffic shaping. Their call centre is in this country and manned by people who speak with a quintessential British accent, unlike BT call centres which are abroad, and one of the reasons I changed my phone contract to Naims.

“Fantastic service from Naims”

written by JudithEB on 03/12/2015

We moved from Sky to Naims two months ago and could not be more impressed. We have saved a considerable amount of money, but it has been the telephone support that has really impressed us. The Naims staff have been endlessly patient and supportive, and could not have been more helpful. Have strongly recommended Naims to family & friends.

“Broadband up-date”

written by Kenace on 12/11/2014

I've been a Naims customer for something over ten years and recently decided to up-grade my connection to ADSL2+ and as always got prompt 1st class service, with the change being effected the following day. This brilliant response and support is one of two main reason why I have stayed with Naims. The other is the reliable connection. It's a pity more people don't know about Naims.

“help with connection”

written by craigmcewan on 04/10/2014

I had a great service from Naims when they noticed that my connection speed was slower than it should be. They gave email support, and suggested changes I could make to the set-up inside my house, to locate the source of the problem. After each change they monitored the speed and duration of my router's connection to the internet. A dodgy phone was identified as the source of the problem. I disconnected the phone, and achieved far faster connection. Great service, thanks.

“Brilliant ”

written by KarlyPollard442 on 11/09/2014

I have always found the service and help provided to be fantastic, even over Xmas when I was having a nightmare with the BT infrastructure. Was even updated on new years eve. Would have no hesitation in recommending naims to other people, you actually get to talk to a real human who understands what service is.

“Amazing customer service”

written by Roderickz257 on 02/09/2014

Had to call naims after a problem at the BT end, and they got it sorted out immediately, on a Friday evening. Brilliant.

“Naims ISP Broadband”

written by riggy15 on 08/08/2014

Like a few people who have written about Naims, I have being with them for over 3 years. There response to e-mail questions is fast, they are very helpful when you have to ring them about any faults ( in my case, not very often). Just lately we have had the opertunity to change over from adsl to fttc, and after searching around and speaking to other isp's I have decided to stay with them, even though they are slightly more expensive than other 'main stream' isp's. And the reason is because of there excellent customer support (In my opinion)

“Excellent service”

written by Mosska on 27/09/2013

I have been with NAIMS for over three years now and I have been entirely happy with the service. I have had long experience of many other ISP's and so am well aware of how other companies operate. For example I had a connection problem which eventually was tracked down with difficulty to my own equipment. The response from the team could not be faulted; they were super fast, efficient, non-condescending and provided consistent support until the problem was resolved. I can wholeheartedly recommend them.

“I signed up for Naims 30Gb peak limit broadband...”

written by Mal Jeff on 11/04/2011

I signed up for Naims 30Gb peak limit broadband service when I moved into my new house, and have been extremely happy with their service. The package is not the cheapest broadband package available, but as a gamer I was happy to pay a little extra to get a service that doesn't get throttled at peak times. On the (very) few occasions I have had need to call or email them, their responses have always been very quick and knowledgeable. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for a reliable broadband provider, and would be more than happy to come back to them in the future (should BT ever allow anyone else to price their BT Infinity service competitively).

“I'm really annoyed with Naims and Entanet and would...”

written by virtualmark2 on 15/02/2011

I'm really annoyed with Naims and Entanet and would not recommend them to anyone. Heres why.

I ordered my connection a couple of years ago, paid for my setup and provided my own router. I've had slow speeds at peak times, and have emailed Naims about it. Rather than just admitting that the network is running at peak capacity, they had me perform speed tests with BT. I sent them my results a few times, and didn't hear back from them.

I'm paying over the odds for a sub par connection so i decided to cancel, i'm moving anyway so won't need a bt line anymore. Now they've charged me £30 cancellation fee, which BT have apparently started charging. Neither Naims nor Entanet have made any effort to contact me to tell me about this change of the terms and conditions, and i have point blank refused to pay as i should have been given 30 days notice.

Naims are now ignoring my emails, and Entanet have refused to waive this charge. I was a customer of Entanet before i was with Naims, i won't be returning after the way they are treating me. It took over a week to get a reply from about 5 emails, they can keep the £30 i'm going to spread the word about them it'll cost them more in the long run if this is how they treat customers.

Icanhelp's Response to virtualmark2's Review

Written on: 18/07/2014

In order to prove there is an issue and if necessary get action from BT wholesale regarding capacity etc on their local circuit . The ISP needs to gather evidence of the speed issue from the official BT speedtester website and these tests need to be run from the connection of the customer concerned at the times the issue occurs.

If a customer leaves the BT infrastructure to join an LLU provider ,e.g. Sky, TalkTalk etc (LLU meaning the ISP essentially use their own network)with out first getting a MAC from their current ISP. BT don't know it is a migration and charge their broadband cancellation fee via the ISP whih is then passed on to the customer.
What isn't clearly pointed out to anyone that joins an LLU service is the fact that, as you are on your ISP's own circuit, you cannot migrate to another ISP Free of Charge. Unless the new ISP agrees to foot the bill for the move in exchange for a long contract of 18 to 24 months.

Read 1 Comment

“I was with Naims for about a year and the service was...”

written by hem852 on 14/08/2008

I was with Naims for about a year and the service was generally very good even if the price is a little high compared to many of the other services available now (I now get phone and Internet for £2 more than I used to pay Naims for just Internet).

I had a major problem getting a fault fixed with the service which took so long to get resolved that I eventually migrated away to a new provider who had the same fault fixed within 2 days of migration. Why Naims couldn't do the same I do not know. I feel they let themselves down badly and lost a long time customer which they are unlikely to ever get back.

What really lets Naims down in my opinion is their billing company Enta. My final invoice was issued for twice the amount due and when I requested they correct this they refused, asking I pay the inflated invoice and apply for a credit later. I said I would not do this but would happily pay the correct amount due, they would not accept this and arranged for my service to be disconnected early. This seems to be ongoing and I'm guessing will be for some time as there is an ongoing dispute over what should be paid for.

I found it was really confusing who I was dealing with when I had an account with Naims. I never really knew whether my account was with Enta, Naims or some other third party. Most of the time I didn't even know who or what company to contact and getting problems with billing resolved proved very frustrating for me. When dealing with the billing people at Enta (who seem to do the all of Naims billing) I found they seemed to be avoiding actually answering the questions I may have put to them.

I feel that Naims could be such a good service but over a month to fix any fault is not acceptable under any circumstances and the actions of their billing company Enta really lets them down. Because of this I would advise to friends, family and my customers to look at all alternatives before considering Naims.

Icanhelp's Response to hem852's Review

Written on: 18/07/2014

Often faults require the customer to carry out some tests locally in order to locate the problem and in turn avoid unnecessary visits by BT engineers, which as many will know are charged for by BT if not necessary. Some ISPs will just request a call out to save them time, knowing if it is not necessary their customer pays the £160 inc VAT.
Although the invoices come from Entanet, if the customer had brought the issue to the attention of Naims customer service they would have sorted the problem out with Entanet. That's what they are there for.

Read 1 Comment

“I have been with 'naims' for just over a year now. The...”

written by rita bent on 29/01/2008

I have been with 'naims' for just over a year now. The odd times I have contacted them direct, I have had an e-mail back from them straight away.
I telephoned my supplier entanet (got through naims) regarding a problem I had with the internet and the same day I had contact fron naims to see if it was all sorted.
Well worth the 10/10.

“After a horrendous time with talk talk, Naims made my...”

written by Baggy05 on 03/01/2008

After a horrendous time with talk talk, Naims made my computer use worthwhile again! They ironed out my problems related to computer ignorance without making me feel a numpty. Can't praise these folks highly enough, they should set up a sister company educating others in customer service.

“I would be happy to recommend Naims to anyone, hence...”

written by MrsKB on 05/11/2007

I would be happy to recommend Naims to anyone, hence this review.
So straight forward pricing ,no broken promises , U.K. based support.,quick response to email.
Enquiries, knowledgeable staff.

“Naims is a great service particularly when you...”

written by naggis on 29/06/2006

Naims is a great service particularly when you consider the price. Where can you get such service at this monthly cost? I would recommend to anyone - unless you are the original Grumpy Old Man!