Calypso Sun Care Reviews

Calypso Sun Care - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Calypso Sun Care

“Amazing Product”

written by JohnDCos on 15/12/2021

I've never been courageous enough to use this for the entire day when on vacation in the scorching heat, and I've always used sun cream after 6 hours to be careful. I've had no difficulties with it in the time I've used it, and my recommendation to anyone using it is to follow the directions on how to apply it. When you don't want to use sun cream all the time, this is a great option.

“good smell”

written by Leah-Night on 23/08/2021

this lotion has good smell. It suits my skin perfectly, doesn't irritate or have any effects on my skin.

“Protects the skin from harmful UV rays convenient...”

written by AlexLawrence on 22/07/2021

Such a protective sun care. I applied it every day and does not have any side effects. Protects the skin from harmful UV rays. The spray bottle applicator is so convenient and very easy to use.

“Excellent Sun Care”

written by Josephine_Watson on 04/05/2021

Calypso Sun Care is best cream and i am using it since month. Effect is excellent and protects from sun. Price is reasonable. Quality and Quantity is great. Recommended to friends.

“Not so Good”

written by EzraRyker on 02/05/2021

Not only does it spray on clear, it doesn't stain your clothes at all (unlike it's rival P20 which turns clothes, bedding, and anything it touches, a horrid yellow colour)

“It is water resistant”

written by FainaCaspian on 16/04/2021

It is also water resistant and I am told that it only requires one application. The sun cream's texture felt a little more greasy and grainy compared to our usual brand soon as it was rubbed, but a good 5 minutes later, it was fine.

“lotion was more grainy on their skin”

written by EloraGrace on 30/03/2021

The first suncream is for kids with 40 SPF (high protection). The sun cream's texture felt a little more greasy and grainy compared to our usual brand soon as it was rubbed, but a good 5 minutes later, it was fine. The kids said that they felt the lotion was more grainy on their skin.

“Effective Sun Cream”

written by selena_addy on 24/02/2021

Calypso is best sun care cream and it is effective. Result is excellent. Price is reasonable. Quality and Quantity is great. I love this product very much. Happy customer.

“Calypso - Cheap effective sun protection”

written by Bunnybear on 15/02/2015

I love this range of products. Purchased through Home Bargains, I bought Sunfactors 30 and 15 spray oil for my recent holiday in Mexico last month. I used this product everyday and used both bottles whilst away. I didn't burn even though the sun was hot everyday of our holiday and even gave protection whilst I was in the pool. The scent is of coconuts and really quite pleasant. The key is not to think that sun protection is the same for each skin type. I always view normal sun exposure before burning in 25 to 30 degree heat as 5 minutes and so 15 gives 75 mins of protection and 30 double that. I also reapply after going in the pool. There is a spray in a can, but this product failed on me and I will be complaining to the manufacturer because the push button snapped.

“Best I've ever used, never burned once and I have fair...”

written by Marmaris2014 on 24/07/2014

I have very fair, freckly, typical Scottish skin. Our whole family used Calypso Sun cream in different factors whilst on holiday in Turkey. The temp was in the late 30s to early 40 degrees every day. I have used all the more expensive creams and burned. None of my family had any sunburn whatsoever using Calypso. It is fantasticly waterproof and only had to be reapplied twice the whole day and considering our 7yr old and 14 yr old were never out of the pool (factor 30). No sunburn whatsoever. Yummy mild banana fragrance and cheap as chips. I have raved about this to all my friends and would recommend this product 100%. Seriously folks, give it a try. For the first time in my 40yrs I have a lovley golden tan.

“I used this in June while on holiday in Spain I was...”

written by Coleadi on 24/06/2014

I used this in June while on holiday in Spain I was very pleased with the product. My only concern is it doesn't have a star rating on the bottle.

“Rubbish. Don't buy. Unless you want sunburn!”

written by Moorishidol on 17/06/2014

This was about as effective as wearing no sun protection whatsoever. Got very badly burnt on my first day of the holiday in not especially hot weather in gran canaria. I used the SPF20 one day long product. Purchased from sainsburys. The clear lotion itself goes on very well and sinks into the skin very quickly, no need to rub like other creams. I am olive skinned and rarely burn. But compared to my partner who was wearing Piz Buin one day long sun cream I looked like a lobster at the end of the day while the sun had barely touched him. If you are going to go for a one day long cream, choose another brand. I am having to cover up and stay out of the sun for the rest of the holiday. I will never buy this again.

“NOT Recommended”

written by Elizabethn1954 on 04/06/2014

Having used once a day products in the past and had good experience we know how to use them and were confident we did so this time, but having just come back from 10 days in Egypt, our experience with this products was bad. Normally I would use a lower factor, 25 or 30 but wanted to be sure in this weather so went for the 40. This was a mistake, both my children and I burnt quite badly using this and had to switch to another. We had to either stay in the shade or cover up and I felt very bad burning children's young skin when my goal had been to over protect. Oddly enough the calypso 30 once a day (liquid) is much better - easier to apply and protects better and we had no problems when we changed to that.

“F40 calypso once a day kids”

written by zarzar13 on 07/08/2013

Purchased this calypso f40 once a day kids lotion as my daughter has a solar allergy and comes out in a terrible itchy rash in the sun and the doctor suggested a once a day application sun cream as it is thicker (although she is also on tablets) we are currently spending 5 weeks in Malta and the temp is around 36 most days. What I did do was reapply every few hours for the first week to get used to it as her allergy is pretty bad but 2weeks in we really are using once a day (with a little more on shoulders and face after swimming) and things are fine. Obviously whilst not in the pool she is in the shade and not sunbathing but I am and using this on myself too I have not burnt at all and the tan is coming on great!! I would therefor definitely recommend this but would point out that on normal skin you may want to reapply often for a day or two first and as its so cheap that shouldnt be an issue! I bought from bargain home for around £7.00 but I intend to stock up out of season when it will be cheaper. As someone said earlier it does stain on tshirts when worn in the pool but haven't noticed any staining on dry clothes! And to be honest I noticed more rash when wearing a tshirt in the pool as it irritated more so no longer put a tshirt on her to swim now anyway and if I did it would be an old one! Hope this review helps!! xx

“DO NOT TRUST !!!”

written by on 10/06/2012

Have just returned from our holiday in Gran Caneria and had purchase the Calypso factor 40 suncream for children as I had read many reviews on the product and overall sounded very good. I followed the instructions and all the advice I had read applying it all over making sure nothing was missed and leaving for 20 mins before getting dressed. The first day my son spent most of it in the pool apart from comming out for a drink or lunch which was all in the shade. I was little apprehensive but though I should trust the one a day application, although a small amount was re-applied to his shoulders but to my horror that night I realised how badly my son had burnt on his shoulders, back, face and chest, my partner and myself had also burnt using it. The rest of the holiday my son had to wear a t-shirt in the pool and when not in the pool he was in the shade, he was in alot of pain which made me feel so guilty that I even thought about this stuff and to top it off all the t-shirts he did wear had to be chucked away as this stuff does stain and everything turned yellow. We ended up having to buy more suncream over there as obviously having to reapply ment more was used and therfore working out more expensive which defeats the object in the first place. Will never ever buy anything like this again and always reapply throughout the day what ever it says.

Snooksnufc's Comment

Written on: 08/09/2021

FANTASTIC PRODUCT - WHICH GUIDE PROPERLY TESTED IT.

Hi I just thought I would report this review as completely misleading. I am a WindSurfer and spend up to 3 hours in the water windsurfing intensively. I have use the calypso clear protect oil and never have I been burnt. It’s a fantastic product. The which guide rated it very highly. And they have also written an article saying you should never trust an all day product because it rubs off. I suspect this is what has happened?

Read 1 Comment

“Children's once a day range is no good for children!”

written by Laurs2 on 30/05/2012

I bought this for my children (suitable for kids range) as they don't like to be topped up on sun lotion every few hours. I thought it was a great idea, although only protects up to 6 hours, so isn't really once a day. The 3 of them broke out in a rash, I thought it was sun related at first (prickly heat) although non of them have suffered with it before. Spots on the body and hives on their face. I didnt think it was particularly cheap at £13.99 but have now had to buy f more sun cream, I decided to go back to topping up every few hours and a sensitive lotion, maybe this calypso isn't sensitive enough for children's skin?

“calypso once a day”

written by shazbot102 on 08/05/2012

i suffer from itchy sun rash, have tried various sun lotions and still got the rash. tried calypso once a day both factor 30 then 20 and have both been very good no rash and still got a tan. briliant.easily applied 30 cream and 20 clear lotion. Will use again no problem.

“Calypso once a day”

written by on 23/08/2011

I have just returned from Turkey where the temperature was higher than 40C every day. I normally use P20 or Ultrasun as I have fair skin. This year I purchased 200ml of Calypso from Home Bargains for £5.99, about a third of the price of the other products. The results were just as good, so in future this is all I will take on any foreign holidays.

“I have black skin and I suffer from eczema and the sun...”

written by on 11/06/2010

I have black skin and I suffer from eczema and the sun makes it worse. Calypso sun lotion and spray are brilliant as it rubs in like a lotion and does not leave a white residue on the skin. It will sting a bit if the eczema is a little sore at the time but it soon goes and doesn't make my skin worse. I use it all over as well as on my face. I find factor 30 in the lotion is a bit too heavy and irritating to the skin although i am going to try the factor 30 in spray this year. I used to not be able to go out in the sun but calypso is a great alternative to the £7 plus sun creams I used to buy and can get it locally for £3.

“I have very fair skin and burn easily. I bought...”

written by on 04/06/2010

I have very fair skin and burn easily. I bought Calypso Once a Day as an alternative to P20 as it was so much cheaper and have been really happy as it works just as well as P20 for a fraction of the price! It's easy to apply and really does last all day with only one application, I have not been sunburnt since using this and would highly recommend it, this is the only sun protection I will be using from now on.