Twinings Earl Grey Reviews

4.0

Twinings Earl Grey - Ask a question now

“Bought some in 2010. Vile chemical taste. The list of...”

written by on 04/07/2010

Bought some in 2010. Vile chemical taste. The list of ingrediants shows they are now using artificial flavouring, in this and other brands. So you are paying upmarket prices for a product that is worse than Asda own-brand, which still uses the real Oil Of Bergamot. twinnings have shot themselves in the foot by using artificial flavours.

Heatheroneill's Comment

Written on: 13/01/2013

Australian Twinnings earl grey is blended and packaged in China( as are most things) or Poland. Ingredients list black tea (no variety expressed) and bergomot flavouing (3%). 3% of what? Artificial flavouring? It does not taste very special of late. Sounds like the end for me. After years of buying Twinnings I cant fathom why I might continue. SO. Searching for a good authentic Earl Grey now!

“I bought a package of Twinings' Earl Grey Tea at...”

written by on 09/08/2008

I bought a package of Twinings' Earl Grey Tea at Walmart in Renfrew Ontario Canada and it was not Earl Grey in the package, it is a regular black tea. I took it back to Walmart to show them but I am not convinced they will go back to the company with my concern. I was not reimbursed for my purchase which is not my main concern. I am afraid to buy another package incase it is the same. Please bring this concern to the appropriate people as I think there may be a problem with Twinings' quality control.

“The best Earl grey around. I have tasted Fortnum and...”

written by szoze on 28/10/2007

The best Earl grey around. I have tasted Fortnum and Mason, Ahmad, Jacksons', Lipton, Kobbs. Wonderful aromatic flavour of bergamott oil. Strong blend of China teas. Great price. No bad points really. But in Sweden, there is a new blend which I suspect isn't the same as the old one. Wonderful Earl Grey tea. Strongly recommended.

“Twinings Earl Grey is my idea of the greatest cuppa....”

written by Helen of Troy on 02/11/2006

Twinings Earl Grey is my idea of the greatest cuppa. Any other make just doesn't come up to Twinings standards for Earl Grey, though many try! This is China tea which is flavoured with oil of Bergamot. This gives it that lovely rich taste and aroma only known to Earl Grey tea. It is a light, pale, golden tea, ideal for drinking at any time of day.

This is a quote from The Sixth Earl Grey:

"Twinings has been blending my family tea for many years. Legend has it, that my ancestor, The Second Earl Grey, was presented with this exquisite recipe by an envoy on his return from China. Generations of my family have enjoyed Earl Grey tea and, today, I am proud to continue this tradition with the tea celebrated throughout the world known as Twinings Earl Grey Tea."

As with all teas, Twinings Earl Grey should be brewed for 3-5 minutes for best taste. It can be drunk black with a slice of lemon or white with milk. I have mine with milk and sweeten it a little. Lovely cuppa tea!

Dave66's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 02/11/2006

Gosh, do you actually WORK for Twinings?

Helen Of Troy's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 03/11/2006

No, I don't work for Twinings, but I do love their teas! I have almost every variety in my kitchen!
<br/>
<br/>Yes, it is a bit of an acquired taste, but I think all speciality teas are a little, because they are different. I find Twinings Earl Grey to be the best in speciality teas, as not so many people will turn down a cuppa! In fact, when I have given it to unsuspecting friends they have remarked how nice it is without realising it is Earl Grey, as they had not tried it before!
<br/>On the other hand my husband is not too keen! He says it tastes like perfume! But he's a coffee addict anyway!

Jonathan Kelly's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 03/11/2006

I found Twinings Earl Grey tea to be an acquired taste for special occasions only.

“Twinings Earl Grey is for me the best tea! All other...”

written by Stephjp on 28/04/2005

Twinings Earl Grey is for me the best tea! All other brands do not come up to this standard at all and adding vanilla, lavender and other such flavours kills the light flavour. Leave it alone!!