Hobbycraft Reviews - www.hobbycraft.co.uk

Media Gallery for Hobbycraft www.hobbycraft.co.uk

Hobbycraft www.hobbycraft.co.uk
Hobbycraft www.hobbycraft.co.uk

“never have any stock ”

Written on: 17/10/2022 by Kendraz252 (1 review written)

I've been over to Gateshead Hobbycraft every week for the last 3/4 months now and everytime I go to buy loose beads from their Pick and Mix and other jewellery findings there is never any stock in. I've asked a number of times when are you getting some beads in stock with no sensible reply e.g "might be in stock next week or in a couple of weeks, don't know". I took a couple of photos today to show all the empty compartments where beads should be, (exactly the same as last week and the week before and the week before that), but this review centre doesn't have an attachment upload. Hobbycraft would be better off discontinuing their jewellery beads and findings range altogether and then customer's won't have to keep going back to check if they're in stock every week for months on end.

“90 items missing in my paid order which was shipped abroad”

Written on: 10/09/2021 by shehan2020 (1 review written)

I placed an order as an international customer with Hobby crafts and paid directly via the hobby crafts site. The order was charged for the items as well as the international courier fee which was also paid for. However when the packages arrived in my destinations country, when checking almost 90 items from the order were missing. When the order was dispatched there had been no indication stating a refund or a back order of the missing items. Sadly when the package arrived the duty was changed on all the items orders which is also loss. When checking on this with Hobby Crafts customer care they just kept say sorry send an email or send an inquiry through contact us inquiry and they will get back.. Which to date there has been no response at all despite it being more than 48hrs. When called to complain of this the hobby craft representatives they just said sorry it handled by GlobalE and we cant help you with that.. Its rather ridicules to get a response as such for me as a customer, I do place my order direct with hobbycraft.co.uk and not through some third part website. Hence the responsibility of my or if at all any order placed by a customer should be the responsibility of hobbycraft.co.uk. Its a rather discussing feeling to experience as an international customer where over GBP 331.00 worth of products (90 items to be precise) just go missing from a paid order and not to even have a response back. Which is left to believe that the so called partner GlobalE is taking money from genuine customers. Definitely wouldn’t recommend hobbycraft for international customers. Unless you want to be cheated on.

“Helium”

Written on: 15/03/2021 by Sutherland71 (1 review written)

Purchased helium and balloons for a 30 th party spent a few hours filling after we managed to get it open with a pliers sticking on the words, got up in the morning all flat waist of money would not recommend hobbies craft would not get involved with sorting the problem disgraceful after spending over £64

“Fabulous product”

Written on: 23/01/2021 by Amare422 (1 review written)

The Hobbycraft soft toy filling 'Hi-Loft polyester' by far the best toy filling I have found. It forms a soft yet firm filling with no lumps, the latter often happening with alternative products. I would use no other product having discovered the Hobbycraft item. Highly recommended.

“Terrible yarn and customer service quality”

Written on: 12/11/2020 by YarnBee (1 review written)

As a first time buyer I was very disappointed. I thought I'll treat myself to some nice chunky yarn with the 3 for 2 offer. Unfortunately, I did not get value for money as the quality was just awful. All the 3 balls of yarn had knots, a lot of splitting and even some of the fiber was cut and it was hanging loose from the rest of the yarn, not to mention how much it was getting twisted while working with it. Customer service wasn't of much help either, even with photos as evidence . They just said the knots are normal but did not address the rest of the problems. I worked with better yarn for half the price. After all that I will not be returning to Hobbycraft or trying their other products.

“Never again ”

Written on: 02/07/2020 by Jodiewaggoner (1 review written)

It seems to be a bad combination of customer service and delivery service. I ordered a Cricut Maker bundle and the Machine part of the order never arrived, this appears to be down to Hermes- it took 5 phone calls To Hobbycraft on different days for another to be sent out. Machine was then £81 cheaper so phoned Hobbycraft’s customer services to see if this discount could be honoured to which they said I would need to order a new one and return the old order. So that is what I did- all brand new and unopened in the same box, I returned the original order. Patiently awaiting my refund of £390 -a couple of weeks later I received a refund of £30.90! So I phoned the customer service team up to resolve the matter. After initially being told that I would receive my refund that day I got a call back in which I had to explain numerous times what had happened was told my refund would now take 7 working days. Those days came and went and so I phoned again, the customer service worker was fantastic this time and totally understood what had happened and told me his manager would authorise the rest of the refund by the end of the day. I still did not receive the refund, I thought with it being a Friday I would wait until Monday to follow it up. I then received a phone call from Hobbycraft On Sunday and was passed to a team leader and I can only explain the phone call like I was being questioned- I have been told so many times on the phone with Hobbycraft- telling me that they only received the tools back/ telling me that I had received the original machine and at one point in the phone call I was told that I would have to take up the issue with Hermes! I was incredibly frustrated and upset and remained nice on the phone (because let’s face it- life isn’t super easy for anyone right now) after over 15 minutes of trying to explain how I had retuned all the items together and did not receive the original machine - she sent the money back. This took 4 times being told I would get my refund back and over two weeks of phone calls. This caused a heck of a lot of stress and worry and feel the issue was dealt with terribly, so as you can imagine- I will not be ordering from Hobbycraft again which is sad because I used to absolutely love shopping with Hobby craft in store.

“Great products but a little expensive”

Written on: 10/05/2020 by Great-Grand (2 reviews written)

We have always found hobbycraft to have a fabulous range of products. Their customer service is always spot on. However, one star has been deducted as the items are rather expensive. These days you can shop around online and buy items cheaper. The only thing I will add is that with hobby craft you can be assured that the product will be of high quality. I suppose you get what you pay for. Overall we have been satisfied with our order.

“Unacceptable customer service”

Written on: 05/12/2018 by Kate439 (1 review written)

I’m Very disappointed with the service with this company, I ordered a couple of birthday surprises for my sister a week ago and I didn’t receive my items. However I received a email saying my order is ready to b collected but to call in to the store first -which I did. They continuously told me they have not got my delivery and suggested to Call customer service. As I called them they only went and told me that they had refunded my money for my items without even communicating with me or even trying to send the items agian. As a coustomer who works in retail myself, I’m aware of the protacal and procedures that should have been followed and unfortunately this company has failed to do that. Absolutely disgusted with this work attitude and delivery. It’s set my plan back a lot and I’m now having to spend more money to get my items. Absolutely disgraceful.

“Great service at Gateshead team valley”

Written on: 13/04/2018

Lady in store reset shuttle and housing for me no charge in store. all the staff are very courteous and so helpful even though I am not a regular customer 5 stars from me

“Online order not received ”

Written on: 02/02/2018 by MckennaMitchell (1 review written)

Ordered a soap kit. The website said they were in stock - a few days later I received an email saying it was out of stock and they had refunded my money. I checked the website and it was still available to order. I replied to their email to tell them and they replied to say they would send an e-voucher for £5. Why a voucher ? I said I would rather have the goods I ordered. They said I could re-order! Really?!!

“Excellent customer service”

Written on: 05/12/2017 by DamianCrowley187 (1 review written)

I bought a craft kit from the Sheffield store and discovered when I got home that a piece was missing. When I emailed Customer Service they immediately offered an e-voucher to replace the kit as they had no more kits for sale. I asked if they could send a replacement piece of the kit and they were immediately happy to do that instead. Very impressed with their speed of attention and response and they were apologetic and keen to help.

“Advertising the wrong item”

Written on: 02/10/2017 by HGrg (1 review written)

I recently placed an online order for some pale pink florist ribbon fir a wedding. I paid to do the click and collect. On collection I noticed the ribbon was not the same colour as the online. Having done a 40 mile trip I found this rather annoying. I bought the oasis pink but what was put to one side was a bright pink!! Very disappointing!!

“sugar flair colours”

Written on: 31/05/2017 by oz78 (1 review written)

I am a baker from home and I use a lot of food colouring in my baking. I recently purchased sugar flair colours as I wanted to see if they were good as the wilton gels. I opened 2 and they turned out rock hard. I opened another and put it in to my cream and it just wouldn't mix in. My cream ended up with tiny little red lumps. It was such an inconvenience for me as I had wasted a lot of ingredients and I had to start from scratch using the wilton colour gels. Such an awful product.

“bang on you have a new client great service fast ...”

Written on: 30/06/2016 by nancywhiskey (1 review written)

bang on you have a new client great service fast delivery

“Awful customer service . Northampton”

Written on: 04/01/2016 by Walter1975 (1 review written)

After being charged £4 for an item that was in the clearance at 50p. I was given back £2. Very very difficult for the two sales assistants behind the counter to understand was wrong! After a long drawn out episode and being asked sarcastically if I 'was happy now?' I left with my £4. Dreadful customer service.

Stephrox's Comment

Written on: 23/12/2017

I have recently checked my receipt from the Northampton store and it appears as though I have been charged more than the advertised price on several items.

Read 1 Comment

“Delivery timetable misleading, customer services hung up”

Written on: 23/12/2015 by negativesandpositives (1 review written)

Poor site and customer service, misleading delivery times and rude staff who put phone down, and didnt have the imagination to suggest alternatives (click and collect) which I then had to suggest myself, though turned out to be useless. I wouldn't buy something from them if you cut my arm off and they sold replacements.

“Melt and pour soap”

Written on: 20/08/2015 by Lacey189 (1 review written)

10 mile round journey to buy some melt and pour soap as my amazon supp, y had run out and I was desperate to complete an order, website said it was in stock in the Liverpool store .....no it wasn't !!!! Then I was told.... oh theres jot much call for it......excuse me !!!! Soap making is a millon pound industry. .....buck up Hobbycraft. ...back to Amazon I go ....

“Was a but nervous after reading previous reviews, no need!”

Written on: 30/07/2015 by alanaw (1 review written)

I ordered a sewing machine online and selected click and collect delivery, thinking that I'd be able to pick it up in store the following day as I'd seen that they had stock in store when I was there a few days ago. Unfortunately when I got my confirmation it stated it would be delivered to the store in the next 3-5 days. As I was heading off on holiday at the end of the week I panicked that I wouldn't be able to collect it! Went into the store and they had plenty of stock of the sewing machine (apparently the online stock system is separate to the store system)and when i explained to the nice lady she said to buy it in store and then ring customer services and ask them to stop processing the order, she even re-added the 15% off offer I got when I signed up to the newsletter when I bought it online. Got home and rang the customer service line, they answered quickly and we're very friendly, order cancelled and should expect a refund. So although it was slight convoluted and the system was not as joined up as I would like it to be, currently I've paid twice until my refund is issued, it was all dealt with quickly and professionally and I got to take home my sewing machine before my holiday...so I'm overall pleased with the service but think there could be work to be done to perfect it.

“awesome service”

Written on: 08/07/2015 by bazoggie (2 reviews written)

Have had a few dealings with hobbycraft both in store and online,never had a problem especially online,ordered an item on monday it was delivered free of charge on wednesday,i was kept informed of the progress of my item via email,can't think of any negative things i could moan about,nice one guys!...cheers.

“Love Hobbycraft stores, will you ever open one up in...”

Written on: 23/06/2015 by timothy12 (1 review written)

Love Hobbycraft stores, will you ever open one up in the Lancaster area ????