Tel3 Reviews

• Reception

• Reliability

• Extra Features

Tel3 - Ask a question now

“Tel 3 wouldn't recharge because I'd not used for a year”

written by LevyLondon on 12/11/2020

I have been with Tel3 for many, many years and their service and customer service has declined to the point that I only occasionally used it. I learned that one loses the money if the acct. if it is not used in a year and usually remember to make a call before that time, but with Covid, etc. I forgot until the other day. My acct. was blocked and when I tried to call Customer Service I could never get through, using the various options - operator - recharging, etc. It would say "wait time is one minute" and after five or so it would disconnect. Finally, when I chose "new customer," aha, they picked up. I spoke to a very rude guy, who after finding my acct, said it was my fault and they would not recharge almost $20 in credit. I agreed it was my fault, but in the past they were understanding and reset the acct. with the remaining funds. Plus, I was only less than two months after the annual date. He refused to let me speak with a supervisor and kept talking over me until I finally hung up. I guess I've lost the money, but, as they've raised their rates to Europe, etc. considerably and since several years they were no longer able (with their inferior bandwidth) to support an occasional fax, which I'd been able to do. So, I'm disappointed. There is obviously new management, lousy service folks (he wouldn't get me to his manager) and so that's it. Terrible customer service and degrading telephone service, too.

“Customer Service”

written by jml1041 on 01/09/2020

For a few years, I enjoyed the good service. I was able to access my account and review activity, etc. Recently, I have used my account infrequently. Tel3 "for security" blocked my account and I was told to contact Customer Service. I have tried on three different days. Customer Service has never answered even after being on hold for 2-hours but, rather, has disconnected the call four times. The prompts tell me I have an estimated wait time of one-minute (started at nine-minutes) but no representative ever answers. I have also sent email and received response saying they received the email. Sadly, I have received no reply. Maybe the phones are not monitored. I would like to reactivate my account but have no known way to do so. I have even tried to create a new account but am told the email is related to an existing account and I am unable to go further. Very disappointed.

“All lines busy”

written by Kameron122 on 26/11/2017

All lines busy is all the time. Basicly no service.

“Rates went up 700% without notification”

written by Tiffany2703 on 01/06/2016

I signed up for Tel3 in April 2016 and I was supposed to have introductory rate for 6 month. My rates suppose to be: to poland for cell phone 1,5c/m after 6 month 2.5c/min I realized suddenly that my money are disappearing from my account. I logged in and I found out that Tel3 raised their rates up 700% !! Without notification! I called them and talked to Kary who introduced himself as a supervisor. The only solution he was able to offer was apology and $5.00 ( !!! ) credit on my account. He was not willing to honor their rate promise they made when I signed up. Also $5.00 credit never show up on my Tel3 account .... It is extremely disappointing. Raising rates 700% without notification send to customers is totally unacceptable. As of now I don't have great experience with Tel3.

“Worst Customer Service”

written by Robinsonqf102 on 24/07/2015

Too many hurdles even to create an account. You could have created and finished up your call with any other provider for the time and hassle it takes to create an account.

“Used for 11 years. ...still using”

written by DesiraeHuffman on 05/06/2015

I found them to be by far the cheapest us over time. I tested allot of other complete rubbish. I've recommended Tel3 to half a dozen people over the years. occasionally all the lines are full. about 1 in 50 times.

“Used for over ten years”

written by on 16/04/2015

My wife calls her Mom in New Zealand (from California) and chats for two hours at a time. Audio quality varies with occasional dropped calls BUT for the price it's the best deal out there. I give them $100 two or three times a year and it's well worth it to me. They also reduced their per minute rate from 2.9c/min. to 1.9c/min. In today's world where else would you get a rate REDUCTION?

“Always impossible to get the phone call to go through ”

written by on 15/07/2014

I've used their cards for YEARS. And eventually they get it down where maybe maybe calling one number will work out ok. BUt right now I'd like to call two different numbers and it says invalid number, even though it never is invalid. They send all kinds of bullshite help tickets that do nothing - they never really solve anything. Lotsa talk but they never actually sovle the problem. IT's difficult. when you get through call is good. But getting through might never happen without an obstacle course to leap through. I was on hold for 20 minutes and then the call dropped when he picked up - useless.

“Utter Junk”

written by on 10/04/2014

I was intrigued by the Tel3 advertising. I called to get further information and... Customer Service (Sales) rep had a very thick accent and was hard to understand. 3 - 5 second delay when talking and listening. Also, the individual at the other end sounded like she was coming from another planet, complete with a slight echo. Impression: great pricing gimmick, lousy telephone performance. No matter how "reasonable" the price may seem, remember ... you get what you pay for. This one doesn't do it. Avoid.

“worst Service i ever used”

written by zeeas on 10/04/2013

- Very poor connectivity - If connects second party hardly listens you Just waiting to finish my balance to leave this stupid service.

“Fraud”

written by purplestone on 25/08/2012

Do not even try to buy this service. They block your account as soon you add money to it. I purchased this service to make calls internationally. After registering I chose to pay for prepaid service. They blocked my account after I add the money. They contacted me to do verification , and asked my personal sensitive information.They asking questions such as my past two home addresses, as well other questions which is not related to this service. Nothing is specified in terms of sale about the verification. I think it is a fraud . When I tried to contact customer service several times , phone was answered by the same person. I think it is not a legible company. I can not even allowed to make a phone calls even though I allready paid for service. Waiting for 5 days and still not received my refund, so I opened dispute with PayPal against them. BE AWERE THEY ARE FRAUD.

“Best for military”

written by on 03/08/2012

Used it many times when I was stationed in Germany and Korea. I had no problem. Still use it when I call my friends overseas.

“sucks”

written by gotyomann30 on 03/07/2012

everytime i make a call to trinidad it's always some technical problems and it takes 24 to 48 hrs it should not take so long.... and they act like they don't want to give you your credits when there is a problems they suck monkey ball.

“Customer service (badly needed) is almost non-existant”

written by MMJJGG on 01/07/2012

I have been trying to call my son in Japan for almost a half hour....at first I was asked (for the first time) for my account number, which I had been led to believe was the same as my phone number. This didn't work, and a rude disembodied voice said "goodbye" and hung up. I called again and was told over and over and over to keep redialing my son's number, and each time I was told that it was invalid..until the same disembodied voice again suddenly chirped "goodbye" and hung up again. I liked this service very much when started using it, but the quality of the lines has been decreasing steadily for the past few months, so I rarely use it all, and most often my son has to call me back on his line. Tonight has been the worst.....no customer service (even though I started to call before 11 pm) and no way to use what I have already paid for.

“"TOTAL RIP OFF" The worst phone company ever.”

written by on 22/04/2012

The worst phone company ever. Their phone service is poor. You will never get connected. If you are lucky and gets connection it is static and you get disconnected in 3-5 minutes.Then you have call again. Do not waste your money on this company. And yeah their rates are high with such product that doesn't work 11 cents per minute? Come on now. When you call customer service they tell you they will investigate the problem and they never do. The worst phone company ever. If you want a better company try Nobel.com it is cheaper than this and clear. You will get connected in all calls and will never get frustrated. I don't know if they read this reviews but hopefully it will help other customers not to buy from them. It needs to go out of business.

“pretty good service”

written by on 29/03/2012

I've used Tel3 for about five or six years, mostly for domestic calls. Quality is always quite good, and only very rarely can I not get in with the access number (wherein, I just use another access number!) One thing I'm impressed about is the website that allows me to easily check my account and track my call history and expenditures. For internationals call, I use it infrequently, but when I do, I never have trouble. It's simple, it works, and it's inexpensive.

“Rip-off”

written by on 25/03/2012

I've been a customer for years, but it wasn't until about 6 months ago that I realized they were routinely charging me an extra minute on most calls. For example, a call that lasts a few seconds often gets billed at two minutes. I've complained repeatedly, and they insist their computer shows my two second calls last more than a minute! I ask myself, why would they go to the trouble of ripping me off for a few pennies a call? Then I did the math, and if they're only doing this to each customer five or six times/day, they're raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars extra profit/year. Stay away from these bad boys.

“Receiving party doesn't get my phone call...”

written by on 30/01/2012

I use this service from USA -- I've been using Tel3Advantage for sometime and it is my stupidity that I carried on with it. First of all, it won't save my account and pin number, though I have saved it on their website. I mainly use it to call my family in the UAE, and when I'm calling them, I do hear a ring, but no one picks up. When I told my family that I've been calling, but they never seem to respond, they informed me that they never got any calls from me in the first place. TERRIBLE!!! I wanted to wish my dad on his b'day, but because the other party's phone kept ringing forever, I missed the 12 o' clock moment. I knew my dad would be expecting my call and answer the phone instantly, but to use this service again, esp. for a special moment - NEVER!!!

“The Worst ever”

written by Lana5529 on 30/01/2012

I have used various services for international calls for the last 10 years as I have family overseas. I used STARTEC that is great in quality but too many hidden charges on the bills (up to $20.00 a month in charges not related to the minuted used) and switched to Tel3Advantage to try them. It is absolutely the worst connection, I make calls at least 3-4 times a week and there was not a sigle time in the last 2 months where I could talk without delay in coversation. It is simply horrible when you say something and on the other end people here you in 5 seconds...I thought maybe it was problem connection in the country I was calling to but after going there for 2 weeks this winter and receiving calls through tel3advatnage from my husband we realised that the problem is with tel3advantage.I ended up making calls from overseas to US as I could not handle tel3advantage quality anymore. I spent more minuts just by repeating what I said and asking again what the other person said because the delay make you feel that thety do not hear you and everyone starts saying to you hear me? I do not know what connection they use but it seems like some kind of digital connection using very old bad equipment....kind of like using skype on very slow internet connection that everything is breaking up....

“cannot connect”

written by on 08/12/2011

all circuits are busy now...over and over and over again...it would be a good value for money if you could actually use the minutes that you get...waste of time and money.