Toshiba Equium A60 Reviews

Toshiba Equium A60 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Toshiba Equium A60

“Briliant laptop”

written by sweep29 on 07/05/2012

Had this laptop from new in 2004 and still using it today. Never had any trouble with it (touch wood) and how many laptop vendors can match that? Well done Toshiba!

“Use a cooling pad to avoid overheat or if you don't...”

written by on 26/10/2010

Use a cooling pad to avoid overheat or if you don't have it put something at the back to elevate your notebook make to have a ventilation. It's a matter of how you are going to take good care of your stuff rather than abusing it. OS normally crashes so be patient to re-install it and make sure to install genuine and stable system, of course, your protection for your system. It's indeed very rare to find a 3.2GHz processor notebook nowadays which has a good value for money. The only issue I have now is to upgrade my memory so it can maximize its full speed. As of the moment, I used hard drive virtual memory instead and it works perfectly fine.

“A pileof junk really. Needed repair after only 3...”

written by on 02/11/2009

A pileof junk really. Needed repair after only 3 months use. Overheats, crashes and broke down after only 14 months. Avoid is my advice!

“i have had htis laptop over 6 years and its better...”

written by on 21/10/2009

i have had htis laptop over 6 years and its better than alot you can buy now. its not as slow as people make out. i have had a 1 gig memory ram upgrade wich made it even better. very reliable and average battery life is abowt 1hr10mins. once you have got all the manufactures software like antivirus etc it runs smoothly. 9/10 for me. also plays a few games i wouldnt have expected it to.

“I have been using toshiba equium a60 for the past 6...”

written by rajukothi on 08/11/2008

I have been using toshiba equium a60 for the past 6 years still now its working fine I haven't spent a rupee on this for the past 6 months now am having a 1 hr battery backup even after 6 years this is amazing... I would say its excellent laptop because when I bought it I don't know how to use a laptop but it is very reliable n easy to use.. now you wont get this kind of gem.

“It's incredibly slow. ”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by on 30/08/2008

It's incredibly slow.
Always overheating, consequently knocking off.
Problems with the ati-2dvag.
Battery lasts for an average of 30 mins.
And many more in my experience can be added too many to list.
Bought it 3 1/2 years ago and it wasn't worth the money. I've had problems with it from day 1 and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

“Not a bad laptop, good for a persons first laptop so...”

written by on 15/06/2008

Not a bad laptop, good for a persons first laptop so they can get the feel of it, not recommended for someone who needs a fast running laptop that can store a lot of files and data, I also recomend it for someone who wont be using the laptop on a daily basis and only from time to time.

“Bought my first a60 4 years ago since then I have...”

written by nips on 25/05/2008

Bought my first a60 4 years ago since then I have bought 3 more for my family, they are easy to use, very reliable and also easy to repair. Very good all round lap top that I would recomend Toshiba Equium A60.

“Quite pleased with the quality of this laptop. Got it...”

written by on 07/04/2008

Quite pleased with the quality of this laptop. Got it from PC world and it came down to that one or a similar advent - glad I got this item. The software included is minimal though.
Therefore I do not recommend Toshiba Equium A60 laptop.

“Had a Toshiba Equium A60 Laptop for three years no...”

written by on 19/01/2008

Had a Toshiba Equium A60 Laptop for three years no issues at all.

“Very very disappointing product by TOSHIBA. Found this...”

written by on 04/12/2007

Very very disappointing product by TOSHIBA. Found this a bulky and slow laptop with poor battery life and third class quality!

445770_Sm279Arg's Comment

Written on: 05/03/2009

I agree with this review because I have an a60 Toshiba and presently it is giving me alot of troubles trying to format the system and install new OS. The Problem is that it's refusing to accept any OS including Vista. Infact I could only format the HDD and made the system to boot to MS Dos.

“Very good operational laptop, even in very high...”

written by corne633 on 19/09/2007

Very good operational laptop, even in very high humidity conditions.

“Don't buy this laptop. I and many other people wish we...”

written by sirhumphreyappleby on 23/05/2007

Don't buy this laptop. I and many other people wish we hadn't.

“Well myself and my friends would all tell you to stay...”

written by dur21010 on 27/12/2006

Well myself and my friends would all tell you to stay away from the Toshiba Equium A60 laptop and to get a more stable and efficient computer - it might be cheap and affordable but for the average person it isn't worth buying.

“Overall, not a bad laptop, had it since November 2004,...”

written by fyfie on 31/07/2006

Overall, not a bad laptop, had it since November 2004, only had a few problems, still going well so far, i would recommend this laptop to a friend :)

“I have had the Toshiba A60 for over a year now and it...”

written by Tac37 on 10/07/2006

I have had the Toshiba A60 for over a year now and it is still a powerful laptop with a very powerful processor, it is an ideal laptop for mutli-tasking and I intend to keep this laptop for some time as it does not show any defects.

“Overall, the Toshiba Equium A60 is a good laptop. I...”

written by mickeychips on 05/01/2006

Overall, the Toshiba Equium A60 is a good laptop. I bought this machine over a year ago, and it still seems fast today.

This is the first time I have had a Toshiba, and I would buy one again!

“I have been the owner of a Toshiba Equium A60 Laptop...”

written by theavens2005 on 22/12/2005

I have been the owner of a Toshiba Equium A60 Laptop for about a year now (2004, 2005). I am currently sixteen, and I have used it non-stop for schoolwork and the occasional game. Last year I went to PC World UK in the hope of getting a shiny HP notebook PC, but came back with a really great deal. PC World had reduced the Equium A60 from £999.99 to £549.99 which was fantastic for me, as I am (always) on a budget. I got it home and opened up the peacock blue lid which saw me look for the first time at the silver and black colour scheme with a dazzling neon blue power button. On switching the laptop on, I noted how it made quite a bit of noise, and heat after only 45 or so minutes, which was OK as I had it on a desk. The laptop came with loads of preinstalled software or 'Bloatware' from Toshiba. After spending 15 minutes taking off all the advertising and screen-savers, I was faced with a 2.8Ghz Toshiba Equium A60 - I was happy! For the price, superb.

“Toshiba Equium A60: Gone are the days when Toshiba was...”

written by paulbcohen on 27/04/2005

Toshiba Equium A60: Gone are the days when Toshiba was the undisputed king of the laptops (well...some 10 years back).

Seems to me some guy with a soft touch for desktops got the upper hand in the company and is cloning some desktop features on laptop. These features are: size & processor fan...

Davinciapple's Response to 191060_paulbcohen's Review

Written on: 19/07/2005

I recently purchased one of these, it's not that noisy, the screen is nice and it does everything I wanted it too, the wireless works great and the wireless software that comes with it makes it simple to setup. Fair enough it's not the thinest laptop but it's solid, personally I think it's a good buy.