Sony VAIO VGN-FS115B Reviews

• Battery Life

Sony VAIO VGN-FS115B - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sony VAIO VGN-FS115B

Sony VAIO VGN-FS115B

“Very solid laptop, I've taken mine all over the world...”

Written on: 01/08/2008

Very solid laptop, I've taken mine all over the world and it's still very fine. I've had to re-install a few times (windows...) but after re-install it works fine and pretty fast again.
The screen is beautiful, and gives a good view from all angles.

After 3'5 years my laptop is now very slow. Short battery life and doesn't cool down good, so not to be put on my lap. However, for 3 years I've had good pleasure from it. It's just slow now if you compare it with all that's out there nowadays… Read Full Review

“The Sony FS115B is style over substance. If I hadn't...”

Written on: 20/02/2007 by wardmp (1 review written)

The Sony FS115B is style over substance. If I hadn't won this computer I would be pretty annoyed with Sony.

Don't bother buying… Read Full Review

“I bought a Sony VAIO laptop for £1,350 in 2003 having...”

Written on: 10/12/2005 by AnthonyHS (2 reviews written)

I bought a Sony VAIO laptop for £1,350 in 2003 having chosen the machine mainly for its large, high-resolution screen (16inch, 1600 x 1200) and in the belief that Sony laptops were some of the most reliable on the market. However, when the computer was just over 14 months old (not quite three months out of warranty), the keyboard failed completely, and I had to purchase an external USB keyboard to be able to continue using it. I wrote to Sony, arguing that such a major fault was unacceptable… Read Full Review

Wally27's Response to AnthonyHS's Review

Written on: 19/03/2006

I can sympathise with the problem you are having with your Sony unit and the lack of after sales help. I am currently in a similar situation.
I currently have a Vaio PCG-K115S unit that developed a power problem 3 months out of warranty. I held on to it as I found a way around the problem. Sent it to Sony after Christmas, the unit was returned but still had the same problem. Sent it back to Sony, but now they tell me the screen has also gone. I paid £1,200 for the unit, £160 for the power problem and now they want £442 to repair the screen. Nearly £1,800 in total!!
I won’t buy another Sony product!!

Read 1 Comment