Sony VAIO VGN-S3XP Reviews

Sony VAIO VGN-S3XP - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sony VAIO VGN-S3XP

Sony VAIO VGN-S3XP
Sony VAIO VGN-S3XP

“The Sony VGN S3XP laptop is a superb little powerhouse...”

Written on: 18/07/2005 by DrugBuddy (2 reviews written)

The Sony VGN S3XP laptop is a superb little powerhouse and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a laptop to do anything (other than gaming). I've had mine for a couple of months now.

I've had no performance issues at all - I run a variety of apps from Office to Cakewalk to SQL Server. No problems with peripherals either - WLAN is top notch, I use a Bluetooth mouse and never had any cat5 LAN issues. The display is excellent - it's a Sony, that's kinda taken as read. The keyboard and touchpad… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I have used my Sony VGN S3XP for two months....”

Written on: 14/07/2005 by wolfstetter (1 review written)

I have used my Sony VGN S3XP for two months. Altogether I am very disappointed. The hard disk heats up and this makes it very unpleasant to use the laptop. I complained to Sony and they replaced the hard disk but this did not change anything.

I have had many laptops (even some Sony's) over the past 15 years. They were all fine. This one is acceptable. My doctor even warns me off the health hazard of exposure to such heat… Read Full Review

“Ok, it gets hot. Almost too hot to touch along the...”

Written on: 26/04/2005 by simondawson (1 review written)

Ok, it gets hot. Almost too hot to touch along the right hand underside actually. But if you've had your kids or you have the intelligence to go for such a thoroughbred then surely not an insurmountable problem? (I'm thinking book / newspaper ... er, no it's gone, sorry)

As for the long term reliabilty problems running at those temperatures ... Well, I've had mine for just over two weeks so to be honest couldn't possibly comment. And did you say battery life? Well 2 hours is probably the limit… Read Full Review

Kipper16's Response to simondawson's Review

Written on: 20/05/2005

I'm on the verge of buying an S3 model so thanks for the info.
I'm aware this laptop gets hot and I can stand the heat but what I can't stand is too much noise, whats the fan like? I've read bad reports that its very noisy, any comments?
Thanks.