Motorola V635 Reviews

• Calculator: Yes
  • Calendar: Yes
  • Camera Resolution: 1+ megapixel
  • Battery Life Talk: 7.08 hours
  • Standby: 235 hours (9.8 days)
  • Display Type: LCD (Color TFT/TFD)
  • Colors: 262,144 (18-bit)
  • Size: 176 x 220 pixels
  • TFT / 65,000 colors for wallpaper
  • Weight 4.71 oz (134g)
  • Dimensions 3.50" x 1.93" x 0.98" (89mm x 49mm x 25mm)
  • Memory 5 MB (built-in, shared flash memory)
  • Phone Book Capacity 1000
  • Speaker Phone Yes
  • USB Yes
  • Vibrate Yes
  • Video Capture 500 KB max file size / carrier-dependent
  • Voice Dialing Yes

“This is what I think overall - ”

Written on: 27/11/2006 by Poker Face (1 review written)

This is what I think overall -

Good for short term, Not too good long term but you can probably get a good deal on this phone now… Read Full Review

“My Motorola V635 constantly freezes whilst watching...”

Written on: 11/10/2006 by pinki (1 review written)

My Motorola V635 constantly freezes whilst watching videos and recently I haven't been able to send texts/write anything but numbers, as it freezes. Also the MP3 player doesn't work, after a while.
Good phone but too many problems for me to buy another Motorola!… Read Full Review

“I bought my Motorola V635 in February 2005. It looks...”

Written on: 17/03/2006 by jen fantastic (1 review written)

I bought my Motorola V635 in February 2005. It looks good, has a nice range of ringtones and screensavers, and shiny buttons. It is also easy to customise the settings.

Unfortunately it also freezes constantly. Almost half of the text messages won't send or receive. The volume suddenly disappears completely during calls. The phone often cuts calls off for no apparent reason, and the smart key beeps all the time… Read Full Review

“I have had my Motorola V635 mobile phone for almost a...”

Written on: 07/01/2006 by nicebeaver (2 reviews written)

I have had my Motorola V635 mobile phone for almost a year. It was an upgrade from a Motorola V500.

Overall, I have been pleased with all aspects of the phone. It is easy to use and I have had no problems with it.

I have still not worked out how to use the MP3 player, but I think that is more down to my blondness than the phone!… Read Full Review

“I like the Motorola V635 mobile phone overall, but it...”

Written on: 03/01/2006 by zellka (19 reviews written)

I like the Motorola V635 mobile phone overall, but it has one or two faults I wish I'd known about before I bought it.

It does not date or time stamp messages, so you have no idea when they arrived.
It needs multiple key presses to use the phone book search, which is not easy at all.
Predictive text is frustrating if it doesn't know a word, and it is hard to change compared to a Nokia.

Otherwise, this is a good phone… Read Full Review

“The Motorola V635 mobile phone disconnects and resets...”

Written on: 29/11/2005 by sarahl (1 review written)

The Motorola V635 mobile phone disconnects and resets itself during calls, both incoming and outgoing. It is impossible to have a conversation on this phone as it cuts out during calls.

I am on my fourth handset of this model as it has been replaced three times due to the fault. The fault is still present… Read Full Review

“A lot of people say the Motorola V635 mobile phone has...”

Written on: 15/11/2005 by ht 09 (1 review written)

A lot of people say the Motorola V635 mobile phone has problems. However, I have had no problems at all, and I find that the phone has reached its expectations and higher for me. It has an excellent screen and camera quality, and I have had no problem with the sound. It also has outstanding battery life… Read Full Review

“I have had the Motorola V635 for almost a year now, I...”

Written on: 14/11/2005 by mrbubba (1 review written)

I have had the Motorola V635 for almost a year now, I am on my second phone, as they do tend to develop a fault in that you sometimes can't hear the person calling you. Swapped for a new one and after a few months the problem seems to be coming back, but no where near as bad.
The MP3 ringtones are great and the even include a cable and software, where as Nokia would make you buy them !
Excellent phone and glad I purchsed it, looking to upgrade in a few months, would definitely buy another… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“The Motorola V635 is a nice little phone but I'm...”

Written on: 04/10/2005 by sdssdsad (1 review written)

The Motorola V635 is a nice little phone but I'm having serious problems with it at the moment. I'm on my second one, the first one I couldn't hear when someone phoned me, and this one keep turning its self off! it is well featured and has an excellent camera. The screen blanks out and goes white and the calls drop and the phone freezes!… Read Full Review

Exasperated's Response to 212489_sdssdsad's Review

Written on: 20/11/2005

I am now on my 4th Motorola V635 handset and still can't use it. The first one developed a problem with the microphone, people couldn't hear me, and was exchanged. The second dropped calls from the start so this was exchanged, the screen just goes white, then as it tries to re-set itself it initially says 'no service' then the icons etc gradually come back on again - there is no indication of low signal when this happens it just happens about 5 out of every 6 calls any time between 0 seconds into the call and about 4 minutes in. The next handset did the same and so does the present one. I have had to go back to my previous handset in order to use my monthly minutes from Orange. They do not want to believe me when I tell them that the V635 has a problem (even though this was backed up by the man in the local Orange shop who has come across this same problem with this particular Motorola handset lots of times with other customers).

Read 1 Comment

“The Motorola V635 mobile phone is so good! I am...”

Written on: 25/08/2005 by lukeyd (1 review written)

The Motorola V635 mobile phone is so good! I am getting it for my birthday (hopefully). I have tried it out in many phone shops, and I finally decided to ask my mum for it for my birthday.

Some people don't rate it much, but I think it is 10/10… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I've had a Motorola V635 for 4 months and am due to...”

Written on: 19/07/2005 by smallc (1 review written)

I've had a Motorola V635 for 4 months and am due to send it off again for repair. Within 1 month the earpiece volume started to go quieter and within 2 months I couldn't hear anybody. I was advised to ring Motorola and then to send it off for 2 weeks for repair (postage and packaging at my cost).

Since it has been returned, the earpiece volume started going again after a month and a month later - it's gone again!

I've complained to Motorola as I do not feel that it is acceptable to send… Read Full Review

“I've had my Motorola V635 for nearly a week and I...”

Written on: 19/05/2005 by sadieheddon (2 reviews written)

I've had my Motorola V635 for nearly a week and I think it's great! Camera is better than most I've seen and mine came with two memory cards which is ideal for storing pics! I've heard a few people say it's chunky but I don't think the size is a problem. I had the Nokia 6680 for two weeks and compared to that this is tiny!!! Got it through O2 online, not as cheap as three but apparenly more reliable and with better choise of handset! Plus I got a free bluetooth headset! I haven't tried the mp3… Read Full Review

“I got my Motorola V635 after upgrading from a V500 a...”

Written on: 12/05/2005 by bunraku (1 review written)

I got my Motorola V635 after upgrading from a V500 a Month ago and am very happy with it. It has a 1.3 megapixels, Bluetooth and an OK Video Camera.
It plays MP3's and these be can transferred easily from your PC and made as your default ringtone if you want.

Has a 5mb internal memory'but mine came with a 32mb transflash card as well'but I don't know if this is standard. I have put about 30 small movies on the card and still have about 10mb left.

It doesn't have a Flash as such, but a… Read Full Review

“Only had the Motorola V635 for a couple of hours and...”

Written on: 25/03/2005 by MissBehaving (16 reviews written)

Only had the Motorola V635 for a couple of hours and already I love it! My partner and I bought our phones through Phones 4 U. Service was brilliant. We didn't plan on buying a Motorola though! We are both avid Nokia fans. Or at least we thought we were until we held the Motorola. The brilliant Camera did it for 'HIM'!. Will let you know more when we have used it a couple of times!… Read Full Review

Missbehaving's Response to MissBehaving's Review

Written on: 21/08/2005

Rubbish! Gary and I have both had our phones for a good five months now. And I can honestly say that I will never buy a Motorola again. Everytime I put the phone in my handbag the buttons on the side bump, and the volume of the ring changes. Half the time I cant hear it, because it has bumped itself into vibrate mode.
<br>Also, the sound of the call has diminished!
<br>The front cover slides off very easily and Gary often has to look for it in the footwell of his car.
<br>Not the best phone I have used!!!

Read 1 Comment