P&O, Oceana Reviews

3.6
  • Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

P&O, Oceana - Ask a question now

“Having cruised on several occasions with Princess &...”

written by on 16/06/2010

Having cruised on several occasions with Princess & Celebrity, we decided to go British and try P&O's Oceana. Travelling as a group of six to celebrate a Ruby Wedding, we were all very disappointed and all agreed that the Princess experience far exceeded anything on this ship.
* Entertainment was pretty poor.
* The adults only pool had lots of children in it.
* Staff on board were not very cheerful (one exception was Sameer)
* Very difficult to find seats together in many of the bars & lounges.
* Signs on board stated Formal Dress only after 6pm beyond this point which
was ignored by people in jeans and football tops.
* No member of staff tried to 'control' booking sunbeds which were then not
used
The redeeming feature was the food in Ligurian Restaurant.
Taken everything into account, our group have all decided NOT to travel P&O again.

“Outbreak of sickness on board. I am convinced that a...”

written by on 03/04/2010

Outbreak of sickness on board. I am convinced that a bug was picked up on first night aboard following 9 hour flight. Always a scrabble for tables at buffet and usually not even wiped from last user. I developed sickness within 24 hours and following a request from captain to report illness a doctor called to cabin door after 8 hours handed out a medical questionnaire and i was later charged £40 for this unsolicited call. Told to stay in cabin for 2 days. Later wife became ill and Doctor charged her £50. All in all we spent 5 days in solitary confinement missing ports of call that we came for. P & O said cause was norovirus but I believe this is whitewash to avoid foodpoisoning claims. No medical examinations were made so diagnosis was just P & O guesswork.Ship closed the buffet for 5 days!!! I am trying to claim compensation.

Michellegeater's Comment

Written on: 12/04/2010

hi my parents were on the same cruise and my mum was ill on the 2nd day and missed 3 of the carrabean islands, they confined her and my dad for 5 days even though my mum wqas only ill for 2 days and my dad wasnt ill at all, they have given them a load of flannel saying it was norovirus but it was definatly food poisoning as my mum ate in that resturant the day befor. they are also trying to claim compensation but p&o dont want to know, they are a disgrace and dont care about peoples ruined holidays, they have told my mum they treat all gastric problems the same even though food poisoning is their error, my parents paid a fortune for that cruise to celebrate there anniversary and they never did get to celebrate it, maybe more people need to get together so p&o will have to do something.

“Good value for money and as first time cruises used to...”

written by hollands on 24/04/2007

Good value for money and as first time cruises used to high standards we were very impressed. The complete experience of 5* rating compares favourably with most hotels. The sun decks were very busy even in poor weather and this area combined with the "pub" was extremely smoky. The initial impressions on boarding the ship and after the safety talk it was extremely busy and getting a lift was almost impossible. However during the rest of the cruise the number of people seem to dispurse with the exception of dinner and the atrium. I was concerned at how I would feel on a cruise ship regarding sea sickness and was pleasantly surprised to report that I never once felt sick on the whole cruise.

“An OK holiday experience but P&O could do an awful lot...”

written by Fred Jones on 25/01/2007

An OK holiday experience but P&O could do an awful lot better. For what should be a luxury experience there seems to be a lot of penny pinching. I believe they need to provide more, better quality entertainment. Provide a cinema and show an up-to-date classy film every night. Provide a good TV in your room and some good films, perhaps even classic films to watch. Follow the example of the Aurora and provide a brilliant presenter for the talks on the countries to be visited. On the plus side staff are very good, tours are well organized and there is tea/coffee and a fridge in your room.

“We could not fault our cruise on the P&O Oceana it was...”

written by SOLLBAGS on 16/02/2005

We could not fault our cruise on the P&O Oceana it was perfect. Excellent service, food cleanliness, attentiveness of staff, entertainment, furnishings.