Smile Mini Cash ISA Reviews

1.8

Summary

Looking for the best ISA interest rates?

Compare ISAs online with our easy comparison tool. Compare ISAs now.

Smile Mini Cash ISA - Ask a question now

“I have saved with Smile for a long time but not any...”

written by photosym on 27/01/2008

I have saved with Smile for a long time but not any more. I don't like the tactics of linking your ISA with a current account. I have now transferred my savings to the Yorkshire BS for a much better rate without having to open a current account with them. New savers look at NS&I.

“I've had a Smile Mini Cash ISA for a few years now and...”

written by ben2358 on 28/10/2005

I've had a Smile Mini Cash ISA for a few years now and never had any problems. That is until two weeks ago when I received a letter form Smile confirming that they had closed my account.
I immediately called them to find out what was happening and was informed that my account had accidentally been closed due to an administration error.
Two days later my account still hadn't been reactivated so I called them again and found out a little more.
Apparently they not only closed my cash ISA account but also transferred my money to someone else. And to top it all they said that they needed to wait for the receiver of my money to return from holiday so that they can start proceedings to retrieve my money.

Surely you would think that they would debit my account immediately following their mistake, and chase up the missing money themselves but no. They've said that I should have my money back within a couple of weeks and that's all they can do for now.

I have started complaint proceedings and I'm still waiting for my money.

“The Smile cash ISA represents one of the better cash...”

written by neilgr on 04/02/2005

The Smile cash ISA represents one of the better cash isa's that has maintained a good, although not quite top interest rate.