Vauxhall Vectra SRI 2.5 V6 Reviews

Vauxhall Vectra SRI 2.5 V6 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Vauxhall Vectra SRI 2.5 V6

Vauxhall Vectra SRI 2.5 V6
Vauxhall Vectra SRI 2.5 V6

“This is the best Vectra you can buy”

written by on 21/09/2012

I had a 99 plate Vectra V6 SRi and it was a good car and the V6 unit is solid as long as it has been maintained. I liked the performance (it's pretty fast) and you are getting a lot of car for your money and some models come with a cracking body kit and well specified. I only exchanged it last year for an 02 plate mondeo V6 and I miss a lot of things about the vectra. I know a lot of people complain about the dash layout and the cab in the vectra, but I loved it (even more than the more updated mondeo) and thought it was a nice place to be. The Ford just feels a bit bland.. Their isn't much between the 2.5 Vauxhall V6 and the Ford V6. However, I think the Ford unit is a better all rounder and pulls really nicely from low revs. In fact, you can sit at 25mph in 5th gear in the mondeo without a flat spot and the Vectra struggled to do that. A good all round car if you want something fast for a low budget..

“2.6 v6 Sri Estate on a 51 Plate”

written by Graham2012 on 31/07/2012

I initially looked at the 2.2 Veccy, but the complaints about the timing chain snapping and fuel pump problems put me off. My Veccy is standard and has a bespoke stainless steel exhaust. I paid £1495 for mine from a dealer minus £170 trade in for my 1999 2.0 Vectra estate. It came with a full service history, 6 months tax, a years mot, a recent cam belt change, is in very good condition and only 77,000 miles on the clock. It is a lovely car for the money, powerful and acceleration is brisk and delivered very smoothly and really comes alive on the motorway. It has a huge load capacity without the car being too big or bulky. It is a pleasure to drive and sticks to road like glue. I also like the fact that the v6 is a proven and reliable unit, if maintained correctly and is very quiet. I also love the fact that it doesn't look particularly special from the front. I have only had my car for about a month, but it gives me buzz when the herbert in front of me is thrashing his/her turbo diesel to try and get away from me and I am still sitting behind them. They must wonder WTF is he driving? There is a downside. The ride is very jiggly on poorly maintained roads,is heavy on fuel and DIY maintainance/repair is difficult.

“Not yet own my V6 2.5 sri”

written by on 19/03/2012

I don't yet own my V6 Vectra sri but I'm very pleased to read all the positive reviews from everyone. I've already been scouring Ebay for new headlight bulbs and interior bulbs. I'm picking my car up on Saturday and am sooooooooooo looking forward to getting in the driving seat and cruising around. I had an 1800 estate last year and was very satisfied all round with it. I was sad to lose her in the end. Money problems was her only downfall. When i was searching autotrader, Ebay and other sale sites all the other cars didn't catch my eye. BMW's Audi's dare i say Ford's. One car was on my mind. VECTRA!! V6 2.5 SRI SALOON!!! 12 Months MOT 2000 99000 miles for 800 nikka. Sound inside and out. I'll be back on here when I pick her up to write another review. Fingers crossed!! :D

“i dont knw if i have done this right........ but im...”

written by vectrav6 on 03/02/2011

i dont knw if i have done this right........ but im after help and advice on my vauxhall vectra 2.6 v6 sri..... these are the things i have done.... changed coil pack, and also 2 lamdba sensors, crank senor and fuel relays and also gotten another air flow mass meter... from a 2.0 liter dti...

right now the problem......
when i turn the key she starts straight away.... and when i accelerate the car wont go over 4000.... it sound like its going to cut out...
when i pull in the air mass she judders like shes either sucking to much or not enough air..... and there is no power at all..

many people have told me do this and that and i have spent 500 pounds so far and still no better....i have had it on 2 diagonistics aswell and then did the parts it told me to do but still at a loose end.....

been told now that my cat might have broken down thats why it ent running right........ or that i have a ghost in my ecu...???????? im all confused and could do with some other advice

Guest's Response to vectrav6's Review

Written on: 28/06/2011

ive had 2 vecy 2.5 sri v6 and same prob with both .u need the right mass air flow meter and change ur htd leads and upgrade to thicker diameter leads .

Guest's Response to vectrav6's Review

Written on: 08/09/2011

hi i had the same problem turned out to be the camshaft sensor and its a right pig to fit hope this has helped

Read 2 Comments

“This is the 2nd Vectra B i have owned, a 2.5 V6 GSI...”

written by on 12/11/2010

This is the 2nd Vectra B i have owned, a 2.5 V6 GSI this time. A powerful car with smooth performance. It does suffer from a flatspot between 3k - 3.5k rpm, this is a design flaw by Vauxhall & its caused by the switching of the butterfly valves on the air intake plenums.
Some of the common faults i have found are trailing arm bushes - roses bushes (hub) - rear bank manifold like to crack around e.g.r boss & egr flexi pipe like to split (easy fix google 5p egr mod for vectra v6)& top engine stabiliser bar (top torque mount) - oil cooler failure, this gives head gasket symptoms & is not to be confused with head gasket - roof bars like to rattle over time (easy fix)& the good old anti roll bar bushes. Fuel consumption bit of an issue.

Its a powerhouse & will pull just about anything, great around the twisties even better on the straight a real mile muncher, very comfortable and roomy & with the gsi all the added benefits of the luxury bits and bobs in the interior (irmscher everything).

Dont be put off once all above problems occur and are rectified this car would probably outlast most modern cars and see them off in a straight line.

“I have had 2 vectras a crappy 1.8 and my mighty 2.5...”

written by on 14/10/2010

I have had 2 vectras a crappy 1.8 and my mighty 2.5 sri 6v, ill correct my self the 1.8 wasnt crappy just the sri is far superior. I've had a 145 mph out of mine, any one got any ideas how to get more i have a double exhaust sytem fitted remaped i would love to get an engine rebuild but dont know how to go about it if anyone could help please let know

“I got my 1999 Vectra 2.5 V6 SRi five months ago, it...”

written by Chef Gallimore on 10/04/2010

I got my 1999 Vectra 2.5 V6 SRi five months ago, it had 123,000 miles on it and i paid £1500 for it.
For it's year & it's millage it's in really good nick inside & out. Because of it's price & because it's our second car i decided to throw a few quid at it, I've changed the front grill then sent it to the boy's at Courtney Sport (where witchcraft has happened, lol).
They changed my fly wheel, Cam's, custom pipes, filter, re-mapped etc. So even though it's a real sports tourer and is up there with the best before the mod's, it's now up there with (dare i say it?) THE COSWORTH'S.

Since owning this car i've looked on the web for video reviews (like you tube) for this car, and can't understand why people like clarkson on topgear & fifthgear folk slate this car, and not only this one, but the daddy off them all the ST vectra, have they all gone mad???

C.Gallimore

“my sri is a total power house speed and handeling are...”

written by on 27/01/2010

my sri is a total power house speed and handeling are second to none i would tell any one who is thinking of getting a v6 vectra that thay will not go far wrong it is a very goog ride and it can look as good as all the pritty boyracer cars and to be honest it will be faster without any mods done to it. the car has loads of room in the boot the inside is very roomy i have no complaints about this car best car i have owned yet a must if your thinking about it.

“phwooar what a car, not had anything remotely sporty...”

written by on 24/12/2009

phwooar what a car, not had anything remotely sporty since my mazda mx6! must say this car is a beauty! 2.5 v6 sri, nice and torquey and handles ok too!

I like the way it sticks to the road and pulls like a mule in 5th. Also gets quick at low revs, think i clocked at 120 @ 4000rpm or therabouts, bit thirsty when you belt it but i have managed to get 40 per gallon from it once although standard seems to be 30-35 depending on where im going (round town is a lot juicier.)

Plenty of bootspace, enough for the pushchair and the shopping which helps!

Nice and comfy interior although the leccy window switches are a tad awkward to get to.

As mentioned, timing belt change is pretty pricey but well worth it, and working for a parts factor helps ;-)

Well happy, W reg, 74k, full service history and all it cost was 900. pretty much a bargain in my book!

“had my v6 for a while now and ive had no problems. new...”

written by on 10/11/2009

had my v6 for a while now and ive had no problems. new cambelt kit fitted when i bought it, expensive but well worth it. at low revs this car can feel slightly sluggish but when the revs climb she pulls n pulls. i love the styleing and sound of this car. if your looking for a street racer dont bother with a sri or gsi as handling will let you down and you will end up being a part of somebodys brick wall. if your after a cool looking comfy cruiser that can pack a punch if needed this is the car for you, i love mine and will be sad when she goes!!

“I have had my 2.5 v6 for ages now, it is my dream car,...”

written by on 14/09/2009

I have had my 2.5 v6 for ages now, it is my dream car, forget all the supra's and evo's this car is so much more practical, it is 239bhp i stripped some of the engine and cleaned it replaced the air filter element, stuck a twin exit power flow exhaust system in, and i have just finished putting on a dtm wide arch body kit on with an evo bonnet vent, and it looks sweet, as many have said in this link, it is a very underated car, i intend to make sure that opinion will be change in my town hen i release the beast lol, so to all you potential buyers, dont hesitate, the choice is simple v6 all the way dont settle for anything less!!! vec 4 life

“The v6 has always been my personal best. The sound and...”

written by on 10/05/2009

The v6 has always been my personal best. The sound and performance out matches the likes of the ford mondeo st200. The value for money for what u get i'm not being buyest. I have a 2.6 v6 gsi Vauxhall Vectra on a 51 plate and it makes a mockery of the likes the mondeo st200.

“i own a Vauxhall Vectra SRI 2.5 V6 its the cdx...”

written by on 22/04/2009

i own a Vauxhall Vectra SRI 2.5 V6 its the cdx version,absolutely love it,loads of space very quick,not the quickiest v6 cause i own a vr6 golf fast but wat a pile of rubbish when it come to reliability!love the full leather interior,ive lowered it 40mm on 16's with low profiles it handle awesome,pipercross induction sounds awesome still on standard exshaust!next job!great family car,great for caravanin i have one and it tows it no bother,forget the a caravan on back some times lol!always loved the cavalier never thought for one min the vectra would fill that love but it does vectra v6 all the way

“I'm a VW enthusiast and biker so wjen I was confronted...”

written by ElCapitan on 22/03/2009

I'm a VW enthusiast and biker so wjen I was confronted by the Vauxhall I was a bit, well, stand-offish to say the least. I got the estate because I need the space basically. I wanted a tourer with a decent sized engine that would be cosy on long haul trips, and also have a little bit of poke. It isn't the fastest V6 going or the torquiest, but it delivers its' power nicely right through the rev range, so you get loads of pull under 4,000 revs, then it smooths out but revs hard all the way to the redline in a nice little rush of power. Great for overtaking in 3rd upwards (does about a ton in 3rd!) and sounds awesome when you floor it. These are good but minor things when looking for a car, so I'll say the rest of the things like reliability and comfort, boot space, seat adjustments etc are all well above board. You can pick up an extremely reliable ten year old with 110k on the clock for next to sod all at the mo', so i'll just say, if you're thinking about buying one just hand over the cash because there's no way you'll fault this car. Apart from, like I said, if you spank it alot (the car ;o) ) it tends to understeer a bit. So if you're serious about fast road racing, some coilies and low profiles would be a tres wise investment! My first Vauxhall, but definitely not my last. Ten out of ten all the way xx

“Vauxhall Vectra SRI 2.5 V6 is an underrated car, v6 is...”

written by on 06/03/2009

Vauxhall Vectra SRI 2.5 V6 is an underrated car, v6 is a strong engine and good on fuel.

“My Vauxhall Vectra goes like a rocket have always...”

written by mac003 on 13/10/2008

My Vauxhall Vectra goes like a rocket have always loved this type of car would not have any other it looks good drives and handles very well on the road oh! And they are a great babe magnet. Forget the Scooby ' s and Evos for style and comfort do yourself a favour take one for a test drive once driven forever smitten. If anyone can give some advise to the gaskett thing if thats the case would luv to hear from you.
Thankyou all so much for time in reading my review.

“Just got my Vauxhall Vectra today done 150 miles...”

written by kushmaster on 26/07/2008

Just got my Vauxhall Vectra today done 150 miles already on £20 fuel! LOVE IT! Last week I had an Audi a4 2.6 ltd...not a car on the road like it love it then on my way to my mates sat 6th 7th 08 some boy racer smashed into me and wrote it off! Anyway bought vec v6 Chrome alloys. Like a Audi but no rattles! I'll say again LIKE THE AUDI BUT NO RATTLES! Hope this baby lasts 6 months!

“great... Good seating, good driving possition, nice...”

written by on 16/06/2008

great... Good seating, good driving possition, nice power in the V6.

“I got a Vauxhall Vectra v6 and I love it, its quick,...”

written by on 25/02/2008

I got a Vauxhall Vectra v6 and I love it, its quick, beat a 2l turbo no worries, mines totally standard! shames my mates 2.5 BMW, its cheap if you want it to be, keep it below 90 then your getting 35-40 mpg! Foot down your looking at 10 though! Paid two grand, NOW would have payed double... Great car..... if it was rear wheel would be the best car on the road! Put GSi wheels on it and it'll go round corners alright anyways!

“I own a Vauxhall Vectra I love it I've done work on it...”

written by v6beast on 21/02/2008

I own a Vauxhall Vectra I love it I've done work on it to eliminate the flat spot and changed the fly wheel for a lighter one as the standard one was made for the American emissions standard.