Dreams Reviews - www.dreams.co.uk

Dreams www.dreams.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Dreams www.dreams.co.uk

Dreams www.dreams.co.uk

“Nightmares”

Written on: 28/06/2022 by Massaro (1 review written)

AVOID or it will cost you. Overall verdict: incompetent sales staff, unheard of return policy, company who doesn't care about customer satisfaction as long as they got your money. Long read below: I went to Dreams West End store for a mattress and saw a bed which seemed OK, so I placed an order for both. I was explained the mattress return policy, but it wasn't mentioned to me that if I placed the bed order in the store I wouldn't be able to return it. Yes, you heard it right, no returns for in-store orders, but yes for online orders. Bizarre and probably the only retailer out there who does this. I would never have bought in store if I was alerted to this, no one probably would hence they don’t tell you. The sales person has also failed to advise me that with my choice of mattress and bed, the bed will come all the way to my hip and I am not a short person! That I would literally need to climb into bed and my feet won't reach the ground when I sit on it. This and the fact that the craftsmanship of the bed itself isn't great was why I called the Customer Services and asked for a refund. That’s when I found out about the in-store order policy and was told that they would not give me money back. I asked to speak with someone senior. The operator told me they would just tell me the same, but if I wanted to I could speak with the store. I went to the store, where they were at a loss about this advice as (conveniently) they cannot process refunds. They told me they would get in touch with Customer Services and raise this immediately or tomorrow: either way I should expect a call within 24-48 hours. When after 4 days no call arrived, I called the store again to check if they indeed got in touch with Customer Services. By then I also found out that Dreams do have an escalation process - again, no one bothered to tell me. The store said that yes they were in touch with Customer Services and I should expect the call within 24-48 hours. Five days later I called Customer Services. They did not appear to have any escalation request, they only received an email from the store about my visit. I have been again told about the non-return policy and that even if I escalated this the answer would be the same. I have requested to escalate anyway, but not expecting much and will be pursuing this though my credit card provider too. Needless to say this has been one very unpleasant and stressful experience and it definitely dampened the mood of settling into my new place a lot as now I have a bed I hate and I don't seem to be able to get rid of.

“Horrible company”

Written on: 29/03/2022 by xcWood229 (1 review written)

I bought wrong mattress by mistake double instead king size. Called the Dreams straight same day after delivery they told us to use new one and they will collect as used one beacuse they took our old mattress. I wanted to come back for my old mattress but they said no problem we can use it. Today they came with new mattress after 10 days. They found little stain after looking with torch and refused to collect it even the stain was easly removed so it is not visible anymore we have been left with wrong mattress

“After sales service”

Written on: 07/02/2022 by Law193 (1 review written)

I purchased an adjustable bed from Dreams some ten years ago. Two of the end caps failed. Dreams were able to tell me exactly what bed I had purchased and supplied the telephone number of the manufacturer FURMANAC they quickly supplied the replacement pàrts at a very reasonable price my bed is now very comfortable once more. I would not hesitate to recommend Dreams their after sales service is excellent

“ATROCIOUS SERVICE”

Written on: 04/01/2022 by Floodwe43 (1 review written)

My wife and I just moved into a new house, and, as we were expecting, thought we'd treat ourselves to a new bed so that the little sleep we got when baby arrived would at least be of some quality. In September we visited the Dreams store in Leeds and found a bed we really liked. The advisor told us there would be a 6 week lead time, but said it'd likely arrive much earlier. 2 months later and the bed still hadn't arrived, so we rang customer services to find out when it would be delivered. They confirmed they could now deliver the bed, we just needed to book a delivery slot, and they asked us if we'd like it delivered before Christmas. I'd have preferred it to be delivered weeks before (my partner was growing increasingly pregnant), but agreed to wait another 3 weeks. Skip forward 3 weeks and they ring me the day before the delivery date (which I had taken off work) to say they couldn't deliver it due to issues at the port. Begrudgingly, we booked in a slot for the same time next week... Then, on the morning of the second delivery date, we received a very vague email from a supplier of Dreams saying the delivery was cancelled. We rang the store in Leeds where we bought it from initially. They told us to ring the customer service line, because they didn't have an update on the delivery time for our bed. We asked if they could possibly do that for us, they said that the customer service department (the one they were asking us to call) never get back to them... After a long wait on hold to customer services, we were told that they'd look into the issue and confirm a new delivery date, and offered to waive the installation fee... We're now in January, one week away from the baby arriving, and we are still actively chasing Dreams for an update on our order. What's maddening is that we still have absolutely no idea when it will arrive, despite being out of pocket for 4 months. NEVER before have I dealt with such atrocious service. I have spent hours of my time trying to sort this for my family, and it has been an absolute living nightmare in a time where we need to limit our stress. Please do yourself a huge solid and avoid Dreams (and nightmares) at all costs.

“Appalling service”

Written on: 06/11/2021 by Shaam (1 review written)

Absolutely appaling service received from Dreams. Had purchased two beds from them, which got delivered and put together however before we could even check that the job has been done corrctly and that we were satisfied it, the two guys just walked and left without checking with the customer. Unfortunately one of the beds needed the draw changing however upon calling Dreams regarding the issue, were advised by Dreams that they are not willing to send someone out again just to change the position of the draw (excellent customer service!) Due to the unsatisfactory service received by both Customer Service and the two guys who came to set it up we had then requested a refund so that we could go elsewhere (only for the 1 bed that we wasnt satisfied with) however this request was declined by Dreams even though its part of their company policy to allow refunds as stated on their website. Just goes to show how misleading a huge company like Dreams can be. Their refund and exchange policy reassures customers when purchasing from Dreams hence why we purchased from them in the first place but being declined a refund is unacceptable. Will not be purchasing from Dreams ever again and definitely will not be recommending them to any friends or family. Issues stated below - handymen who were employed and sent by Dreams DID NOT CHECK IF THE CUSTOMER WAS SATISFIED, INSTEAD THEY HAD LEFT AS SOON AS THE JOB WAS COMPLETE - When issue was raised to Customer Services, no empathy was shown, instead it felt like we were being penalised (LOL) - Dreams refused to offer a refund due to the most absurd reasons (we didnt notify the handymen and we shouldve told them whilst they were setting it up, also the company only offers refunds at discretion which contradicts their company policy). ive worked in customer services for the past 5 years, never thought a company like Dreams could be this sly, incompetent and unfair. Obviously they put their money first before customers.

“Efficient service. ”

Written on: 06/11/2021 by Alonsoy1975 (1 review written)

Went to the Hull store. Welcomed as we went in and asked if we needed help. We said we would appreciate his help. He suggested that we try a machine which would take information from us as we lay on it and suggest the mattresses which the machine considered would be the best for us. The salesman showed us the suggested mattresses, offered us a drink and left us to look at the mattresses. Once we had selected the one we wanted to purchase he explained the various options, including removal of old mattress, insurance and so on

“Great staff ”

Written on: 25/08/2021

The three members of staff were very friendly staff and gave great information!

“I've spent so much time and money with this company...”

Written on: 12/08/2021 by Joseph427 (1 review written)

I've spent so much time and money with this company DREAMS and have had an awful awful and very stressful time with the IPSWICH BRANCH. AVOID, AVOID AVOID. They are unproffesional, unreliable and so rude and unhelpful....until they take your money that is. Now going to the media to warn others. Telling as many people as possible and going to the Furniture Ombudsman. You have been warned! Go to a smaller bed shop.

“Dreams, more like Nightmares!!”

Written on: 26/07/2021 by Cheryl12 (1 review written)

Absolutely disgusted! £899 for the mattress, plus insurance £75 (although I really don't know what the point in having insurance was??), (and not counting the cost of the bed and the drawers), for a mattress that has lasted less than a year and now I feel like I'm sleeping on a hill and I roll into my partner every night. It is by far the worst mattress I have ever purchased, and I dread getting into bed at night! I would have complained sooner had all the shops not been closed due to the pandemic!! Apparently, it's our fault according to the bed technician because we were supposed to rotate the mattress ONCE A WEEK!! Surely this defeats the object of having a split mattress as my partner prefers a softer mattress and I prefer a harder mattress meaning we have to swap sides every week, as well as being completely impractical attempting to rotate a heavy king-sized mattress every week. Also, it clearly states in the leaflet/instructions that if you are not able to rotate the mattress then it will settle eventually but will take longer! I will never use this company again!!!!

“MATTRESS SAGGED WITHIN A COUPLE OF WEEKS”

Written on: 02/06/2021 by Munoz253 (1 review written)

Ordered a mattress from Dreams, after trying it out in the shop. Had to wait several weeks for it to arrive. After only a couple of weeks of use, the mattress had sagged in the middle. It was an expensive mattress, but was very poor quality – I’ve had cheap mattresses in the past that were much better. Will not be buying from Dreams again, and would not recommend them.

“Purchased a mattress from Dreams and paid for their 10...”

Written on: 08/05/2021 by Tim1986 (1 review written)

Purchased a mattress from Dreams and paid for their 10 year guarantee. Once the springs stopped working properly I tried to use my guarantee. Dreams has outsourced the guarantee part to a company that will use every excuse (including deliberately misleading customers about their contract and the law) to avoid paying up. That’s one way to ensure customers won’t come back. Shame I need to go to court to enforce their promise.

“Shocking and disappointing service ”

Written on: 27/04/2021 by Lani1888 (1 review written)

Shocking and disappointing Service. Dreams charge £60 for assembly but the team they sent to build the whole set of bedroom furniture I purchased ruined the fabric, Scratched the sides of the bed, Left Stanley knife cuts with upholstery coming out, Ripped my carpet, shoved furniture across the room instead of lifting it, Left stains on my carpet and stated they don’t wear gloves. I would not recommend this company or use it again as no goodwill or compensation offered for inconvenience, other than waiting too long to replace only some parts of the bed and furniture after several long phonecalls and chasing.

“Save yourself £1000-5000”

Written on: 20/02/2021 by YadiraArsenault215 (1 review written)

DON'T BUY - purchased a 10 year guarantee with my mattress and had it thrown in my face. Booked an appointment as the mattress was bowing, the engineer turned up, very rude behaviour - as soon as I opened the door the first thing I was greeted with was "can I have a permit, I was initially taken aback as you'd normally greet someone with a good morning at 9am, then I instructed him to park in a 2 hour permit free zone, which he was already in (I found out after he stormed to his van and drove off) - shocked at the attitude from the person at FIRA Service Technicians (company used by Dreams to validate your guarantee) - my advice? stay clear and spend your money elsewhere

“Avoid”

Written on: 10/02/2021 by AndySW (1 review written)

Received a bed which was not fit for purpose or safe, and which had noticeable damage in various places. It really seems as though the bed has been used by somebody else, damaged and sent back. The customer services team deny they ever do this, but then it's suspicious how concerned they are about getting the bed back in 'pristine' condition, which is rich considering what they gave us. One foot is impossible to connect to the frame of the slats because there is no thread in the holes (the other holes have thread). After reporting this to customer services I was told we would have to wait a week to receive a replacement, which isn't acceptable considering this company promises to sell beds, and presumably safe ones. They refuse to use a courier service even when the fault obviously lies with them. After this I discovered other damage, including cracked slats, flaked paint and multiple dents. All in all we decided not to keep the bed and asked for it all to be collected and for a full refund. Again, earliest collection is a week away and so we're lumbered with a large bed frame and mattress which we can't use. Appalling quality and completely ineffectual customer services. They claim to be 'really sorry' but will not escalate and refuse to admit that third party courier services exist. Completely terrible. Spend your money somewhere, anywhere else.

“What’s happened to Dreams?”

Written on: 07/12/2020 by JulieCBradley (1 review written)

Bought two beds from them in 2019 and received great service. Needed another bed in 2020 and the service I’ve received this year has been truly appalling. I’m left wondering if the company are heading in the same direction as recent retail fatalities. Visited the Chelmsford store early October and ordered a base and mattress. The salesman was efficient, friendly and I was given a delivery date of 4th December. I paid a £1500 deposit with the remaining balance of £700 to pay. Received an email from Dreams on 1st December to confirm the delivery date and a reminder to pay the outstanding balance by 4pm. It said in the email that the bed had to be paid in full 72 hours prior to delivery. I paid the balance online and received a payment confirmation at 3pm. On the delivery day, my husband took time off work on to dismantle the old bed and clear the bedroom to make way for the new bed. As I hadn’t received a call by 10am to advise of the delivery time, I called customer services for an update. After an extremely lengthy wait, I was told that my delivery slot had been cancelled as I hadn’t paid the balance of £700. Shocked, I forwarded the confirmation of payment email as evidence that I’d paid it and was then told that payment had to be received 7 days before the delivery date. That’s not what it said in the email I received from them. A new delivery date was arranged for Tuesday 8th January. I received a text and an email to confirm the new delivery date. Sadly, that’s not the end of this sorry tale. On Saturday evening, 5th December, I received a phone call from Dreams to say that the bed wouldn’t be delivered on the 8th after all - the base hadn’t been built. They couldn’t even give me an estimated delivery date! I’ve lost confidence in Dreams and have cancelled the order. I’m currently awaiting the refund which will apparently take 5-7 working days to reach my account. Nobody could tell me why it takes so long for the funds to reach me when my payment to their account cleared on the same day. Hopefully I’ll get my money back before the company make any announcements about its future; Dreams are so clearly in decline. Dreams have severe communication issues, and based on the service I received this time, I’ll never buy another bed from them. My advice - give this company a very wide berth.I’m

“Terrible experience”

Written on: 30/11/2020 by William_Sturgeon (1 review written)

Our delivery arrived badly damaged. Isabella bed with mattress.(Things happen I guess). The delivery team took photos and reported it. We were meant to get a call back from a mobile number (apparently) which never happened. After a 1 hour wait for a live chat which was terminated without any kind of resolution or indeed much chat, a 40 min wait on the phone. A replacement part could be sent in 1 week. After the delivery wait and the excitement of a new bed, that was too long. Whilst it's an easy fix in our eyes, nothing could be done. (No sending via courier, no other stock in the whole country and no shops having the headboard) We opted for a return. After being told that would be 1 week too, it amazingly was fast tracked to 2 days. So they would happily return and refund over fixing the issue and damage they caused to your bed promptly. In store they are lovely at taking your money. Don't expect the same afterwards. 1 hour waits, terminated chats, inexperienced call handlers and a reluctance to fix anything.

“Flaxby Pure Cotton mattress protector”

Written on: 25/08/2020 by RAIN59 (1 review written)

Good experience in store and with delivery- mattress good so far. My complaint is with a product which costs £45 - The Pure Cotton mattress protector. This isn't 100% pure cotton, it has polyester/hollowfibre filling and unlike the very expensive range of Flaxby 'made in England' beds (Harrison Spinks) this item is actually made in China. I have spent several hours trying to put a review on Dreams website pertaining to this (with photos) but they keep 'moderating' my review and no surprise, they won't publish it! Have managed to upload review on Trustpilot and hopefully here too.

“I recently purchased a bed and mattress. On the...”

Written on: 12/08/2020 by BrookeMurdock (1 review written)

I recently purchased a bed and mattress. On the website it said 7-10 working days to deliver. Nearly 3 weeks later still no delivery. Absolutely shocking and would advise anyone to avoid this shambles of a company. This is not the first complaint I have heard about their service.

“We bought a bed and mattress which was delivered...”

Written on: 25/06/2020 by Waltonxu1 (1 review written)

We bought a bed and mattress which was delivered today. Took the mattress out of the wrapper to find fingerprints and water mark, when we bought from the shop we were led to believe that he was doing us a deal, we rang customer service who told us that we had bought an ex display which was not mentioned to us so they wont change it they also led us into thinking we had a freebie choice of a matress protector or a pillow or a duvet.we chose the duvet we ended up paying for the duvet they deducted a little money off a very expensive duvet. So watch out people.

“Good Faith Bed”

Written on: 18/03/2020 by yqHarrington12 (1 review written)

Congratulations on your "Dreams Bedroom Furnture" inspirational thanks for sharing. I got my Dreams Bed today very good service. I am a happy woman with a big heart and even bigger personality and big dreams. Sweet Dreams. Thanks again. Morine Barnes 60.