Dell Dimension 8300 Reviews

• Ease of Set Up

Dell Dimension 8300 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Dell Dimension 8300

Dell Dimension 8300

“I have had my Dell 8300 Since Sept 2005 and it was...”

Written on: 02/05/2009

I have had my Dell 8300 Since Sept 2005 and it was about 1 year old when I got it. Since then I have installed the following Upgrades:
Ram to 3gb, Graphics card to a 128 Nvidia. replaced all 3 of my IDE/ATA hard drives with one 750GB Samsung SATA. Installed XP Pro , it came with XP home. Installed an LG DVD/RW
Apart from driver issues which I solved by joining Driver Update Pro, I can say it was a very good buy… Read Full Review

“At time of purchase seemed to have reasonable features...”

Written on: 29/11/2008 by tpul23 (3 reviews written)

At time of purchase seemed to have reasonable features for the price. Does not feel like it has quality components anymore. Plenty better out there, Often likes to go on a go slow. Have had 3 (yes THREE) new hard drives. This seems to be a feature in all dell products I bought over the years including inspiron laptops that required new hard drives. Therefore I do not recommend the Dell Dimension 8300… Read Full Review

“Outstanding machine!”

Written on: 21/01/2008

Outstanding machine!… Read Full Review

“My Dell is a great PC, no problems whatsoever with it.”

Written on: 22/12/2007

My Dell is a great PC, no problems whatsoever with it… Read Full Review

“I love this PC. Have had it over 3 years, upgraded the...”

Written on: 02/08/2007 by alex g (1 review written)

I love this PC. Have had it over 3 years, upgraded the Ram to 3 GB, Hard Disk space to 1 TB, and replaced the 2 crashed Maxtor drives (the only repairs I have had to do in 40 months). That is IT in 3 years plus ownership. Very dependable, reliable machine.

The speed of the processor has held up, it is still pretty fast by current standards, and is a heck of a machine for its age. I use it for home office, digital photography, music, and videos, and it seems to keep running strong. One well… Read Full Review

“The Dimension 8300 will be my third Dell desktop...”

Written on: 14/04/2004 by andygrif (8 reviews written)

The Dimension 8300 will be my third Dell desktop upgrade over the past eight years. I have always favoured them, due to the customised nature of their business, good quality components and good value pricing.

Aside from sheer processing power, this is the finest of the three I have had (and the others were great). The thought that has gone into the design of the kit and case alone say that this is serious bit of kit.

I've never been much into 'fiddling under the bonnet' as it were, but this… Read Full Review

“I have recently purchased a new Dell Dimension 8300...”

Written on: 20/11/2003 by sk8boy1 (20 reviews written)

I have recently purchased a new Dell Dimension 8300 and I am amazed just how good it is. I chose a few extras like a large digital flat screen, 1Meg of memory and top of the range sound and graphics. Apart from a rather noisey cooling fan, I cannot fault this machine. At under two grand for the lot, it really does represent fantastic value for money and even when working whith very intensive graphics programs, it performs like a flying machine. Definitly recommend it… Read Full Review

Lazyhit's Response to sk8boy1's Review

Written on: 13/12/2003

I agree mate the DELLS are amazing, most people disagree. BUT i must say this, i bought a suped up 4600 and packed that baby to just under 8300's specs and i only had to pay 1000 for mine, so as i agree that Dells are VERY VERY good machines, i think ya overpaid on yours mate

Zbestwun2001's Response to sk8boy1's Review

Written on: 06/06/2004

I puchased a 8300 3 months ago and love it. I did change the specifications to my likeing before recieveing it. 120 gig hd, dvdcd burner,
<br>cd/dvd rom, 1 gig or ram. Large zip drive also.
<br>The P4 HT processor is awesome

What The Hell's Response to sk8boy1's Review

Written on: 29/04/2004

just purchased new 8300 have not recieved yet but after researching all the top comp. for $1780 3.2 pentium4.9800pro graphics card.sound card,5.1 speakers,120 hard drive,512 ram,17 inch flat panel,dual drives,free shipping,good deal!

Read 3 Comments