Lombard Direct Loans Reviews

• Speed of Application

Lombard Direct Loans - Ask a question now

“What a disgrace. Can I select less than half of an star?”

Written on: 04/02/2016 by Cadajugo (1 review written)

Terrible experience I lived with this organisation. They were like bullies to me. They were abusive, unfair, disregardful,  and any other adjustable adjective to describe how bad they are. They tried to charge me with money I never used and, at the end, invented $90 fee for services they never provided. Worse, they contacted a credit collectors to threat me with legal action if the money wasn't paid… Read Full Review

“False charges”

Written on: 25/07/2015 by Spearsjz34 (1 review written)

I am also being called by Lombard claiming I owe $39.50 on an account that was paid in full a year ago.I had called Lombard at the time and asked for a payout figure also asked them to close the account when I pay it out.This account was paid in full six months before its due by date and one year later I am being bombarded with calls telling me that I owe them money.These people are rude and arrogant and have absolutely no problem solving skills.Lombard if you give me a bad credit rating… Read Full Review

“Absolutely the worst ”

Written on: 10/05/2015 by Ray351 (1 review written)

I had fully paid out my account and the requested a new card which was sent but never activated. When I did go to activate it I was told I had outstanding account and that it was currently blocked therefore they could not activate the card. After explaining to them that I paid it out and there was nothing to charge for they replied with sorry bit you need to pay the outstanding before we can activate the card and then possibly wait a good paying behaviour time WHAT!!! What are they talking… Read Full Review

“Worst Customer Service ever and they don't care”

Written on: 13/04/2015 by jolrowe (1 review written)

Lombard Finance I paid off my loan in six weeks. I received no contact from them again until 10 months later with a SMS demanding I pay my account! My account apparently did not finish and they continued to charge me an account fee to which of course I did not pay as 1) I paid it all off and 2) I had no idea! They then charged me late fees for not paying the account fee! Made numerous attempts to fix it. Each time they told me it will be fixed and it wasn't. Each time they could not… Read Full Review

“Lomard Visa Card”

Written on: 04/04/2015 by Forsythqb157 (1 review written)

Last year I already paid my full amount of the interest free airline fess , after one year when I opened web account details , I wonder still asking 275 dollars credit . I explained to customer service , Other thinks , customer service couldn't see our account details , they request to send me copy of accounts details from me. I wonder why can't see our details , I advice be chosen LAMBARD fines credit cards… Read Full Review

“declined due to low credit score”

Written on: 17/03/2015 by Page219 (1 review written)

I applied through them for purchase at ikea and with in seconds after submitting application online i was told i was declined. I called them and was questioned about my credit card and car finance put on hold and then told that the answer is still the same due to low credit score which didnt make any sense as i have gotten 3 car loans & a credit card... funny i could get a $15,000 car lian but declined for a $1000. Worst customer service. I don't know how they thought up their criteria… Read Full Review

Ohright's Comment

Written on: 18/06/2015

Exactly my case @ low credit score! I can get approval for car loan and bank loan from the big four banks yet get declined for a interest free 1600 store card from a finance company I've never heard of before today. I earn 74k annually with very little credit enquiries to my name, clean credit file yet I got declined. What annoys me as this little "decline" is now on my credit file.

Read 1 Comment

“paid off accountLombard still demands money”

Written on: 25/10/2014 by Frazier224 (1 review written)

Paid off my Lombard account in August but still keep getting letters demanding payment. I ring at least twice a month and am assured by staff and managers that they will deal with the probkem, only to receive another demand a few days later. I've complained to FSO and Ikea all to no avail, hopeless, hopeless customer care, use anyone but this bunch… Read Full Review

“Interest rate is ridiculous!”

Written on: 27/06/2014 by Donovanpa311 (1 review written)

I have been paying the minimum amount required on my card for 3 years & have somehow ended up owing them more than I borrowed in the first place. I lost my password for my online account & it took months to get it off them so I could view my statements. Stay away from Lombard!… Read Full Review

Annoyedcustomer27's Comment

Written on: 09/01/2018

Omg this is my situation with them! Have been paying the monthly amount now and after 4 years, my payout figure is $2300 (I bought a camera using them costing $1400)!!!! Never again!!

Annoyedcustomer27's Comment

Written on: 09/01/2018

Read 2 Comments

“Did not want to give any star rating but was unable!!! ”

Written on: 09/03/2010

Did not want to give any star rating but was unable!!!

I took out a loan with Lombard about 8 years ago and was paying the loan protection. About 5/6 years ago I was made redundant and contacted lombard to inform them that I had lost my job but had found another job and if I could have a 1 month payment break and pay less every month because the wage was less than my previous job and was told that it would be ok and we agreed on a new monthly ammount.

A few weeks later I received a letter by… Read Full Review

Jhiui's Comment

Written on: 04/02/2013

I got diddled as well.not as bad as you though
I purchased furniture from IKEA interest free through Lombard Finance. Firstly I didn't know about application fee $60 until I was sitting at the desk signing the contract. Nevertheless It was OK in the beginning, I paid it all off early, even got an invite to upgrade my card. Then they started charging for paper statement $1. My account was nil so I didn't expect to get a statement with nothing to pay but a $1 for piece of paper. Then they introduced $2.50 fee to pay your account in every other way but a direct debit. So literally I was to pay $2.50 Bpay fee just to pay $1 for the statement.
I called and complained,the women was rude and hung up on me when I said that sort of practice was sneaky! Then I called again to speak to manager -they promised to reverse the charge and I would have nothing to pay. I also signed up for e-statements to avoid $1 each month.
Next statement comes with $35 late payment fee. I called again and apparently it was a timing error, as my $1 got reversed after 12pm and they process the statements in the morning!!!??? But the reversal happened 11days before the $35 got charged!!!
I immediately closed this account to avoid further disappointments and messing up with my credit history. My gut feel just said - get out, it looks like they are praying on people not financially literate.I run accounts so I know.
My advise- stay away from them!!!

Read 1 Comment
☆☆☆☆☆

“I got made redundant and have taken out Lombard Direct...”

Written on: 14/09/2008 by Blaz (1 review written)

I got made redundant and have taken out Lombard Direct Loan Insurance, so I will be fine for one year or until I get another job. However, if I were to get a job where I don't earn as much as I did before and offer them reduced payments, they could take me to court and get a 'Charging Order' put on my property, which would mean that at any time they could compel me to sell my home to pay back the debt. I cannot live with that over my head, so I chose to sell my house and pay them off to get… Read Full Review