Bairstow Eves Reviews - www.bairstoweves.co.uk

Bairstow Eves - www.bairstoweves.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Bairstow Eves - www.bairstoweves.co.uk

“Brilliant service”

written by Saadrehman on 17/11/2022

I am very happy with their service and he has been very helpful through the whole process in selling my property.I would highly recommend them.

“Negligent and in breach of the tenant fees act 2019”

written by 240Hodges on 31/08/2021

**AS A LOCAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE I SUGGEST YOU DO NOT TOUCH OR GO NEAR THIS COMPANY** WALSALL BRANCH NEVER ANSWER PHONE, BREAKING THE LAW AND RAN BY A BUNCH OF INCOMPETENT TEENAGERS WHO SLAMMED THE DOOR IN MY MOTHERS FACE AFTER HAVING FAMILY ARRIVE AT THE PROPERTY TO THEN NOT MOVE MY SISTER IN. Not sure if the better reviews these guys are getting are mainly for the sales department but the lettings department leaves a lot to be desired! Ran by a bunch of teenagers who left my sister hanging for weeks whilst also being in breach of the tenant fees act. When my sister pulled out (rightly so given how she was spoken to and what legislation was breached!) they tried to hold onto her holding deposit. They also left her standing in the property she was meant to be moving into with 2 other family members present who had also filled their cars up to help with move in day and then said she couldn’t move in as they hadn’t sorted the landlords signature on the tenancy agreement. Horrendous and so in breach of the law. Never answer their office phone which is hilarious considering it’s the only way to book a viewing when wanting to rent. Left a voicemail letting them know I work for the local government and know the tenant fees act like the back of my hand. I also stated what legislation they were in breach of. I told my sister not to continue with the rental as the company and their approach was not one of professionalism. Second I’ve left a voicemail stating this my sisters holding deposit miraculously goes back into her bank account. One thing I will say is at least they saw sense and didn’t end up in court over their illegal breaches! Happy to receive your generic response to this review Bairstow Eves. You are well aware of what scenario I am referring to in your letting history. I am not interested in ever liaising with such a company going forward who are meant to be professional and law abiding in nature. I will be, and have been, letting everyone I know not to go near you

“Not had one update on ou.r sale had to progress it...”

written by Abdy on 26/05/2020

Not had one update on ou.r sale had to progress it myself no replies to 3 emails and one voice message other agent in chain have been in touch, the branch staff were very good but since lockdown it has been very stressful as we are elderly and went with them to save us the stress if we had wanted to do it ourselves could have saved money with on line agent very let down and dissapointed

“CAME TO RESCUE”

written by Adieharris on 10/12/2019

I was desperate to find somewhere to rent that would accept pets. Walsall Branch contacted me and told me they had just what I was looking for. was able to view house very quickly and was very pleased with the way the negotiator dealt with me. I am yet to move in and hope the way I have been treated continues. There are a couple of little problems with the property that I am assured will be sorted prior to the move.

“They withhold my tenancy deposit without reason.”

written by vtzeveleki on 16/09/2019

My tenancy agreement ended 2 months ago and they are withholding my TDS without reason. I and my former landlord, we are both upset at their unacceptably dilatory stance. Countrywide and the person I dealt with in particular are not answering my messages at all, pretending to be out of office. They have all details of my bank account as well as the consent of my Landlord, who assured me it's not him who has the money, yet they do not pay back! Be very careful when dealing with them. I have now contacted TDS for consultation and at the same time started a legal process to get back my tenancy deposit. Disappointed and upset! Total lack of professionalism!

“Your private information ”

written by wnBishop224 on 28/08/2019

No I would not recommend this company especially if you are going through a forced sale ie divorce your personal and private information is passed on without a thought of consequence. My advice to anyone who decides to go with this company do not divulge anything personal private no matter how small the detail

“Extremely dodgy people took my more than £600 for nothing”

written by alialialiali on 30/03/2019

I had the worst experience ever with these people. I took care of their property which never had any heating working and never anybody came to fix anything. They still deducted £666.00 from my deposit for extremely nothing. I wish I had the time to take them to court. This shows that this sophisticated looking company is just good for eyes. Otherwise it’s just about the Money for them. I wish I had never gone to them. My hard earned money they took away for no reason. My heart still pounds when I think about my loss.

“Thank you Potters Bar Branch!”

written by JoannaBradford on 27/02/2019

The staff at Potters Bar Branch were very friendly with us and always helpful. They worked very hard and managed to arrange more viewings than any other agents. They value you as a customer, regardless of the price of your property and we would like to thank them for all what they did for us.

“Just after money! ”

written by lewislawson on 24/01/2019

We rented a property from them for a 12 month contract and multiple things within the house broke within the time, we were left a month and a half without a fully functional toilet, we found mould and were advised to simply just ‘bleach it and wipe it away’ mould that ate the pvc sealant that held the doors and windows (we were then charged for this and refused our deposit back even tho it was reported 8 months before we moved out’. Electrical fuse board was 2 years overdue a check and they refused to have it done even after blowing multiple appliances and costing us hundreds in repair and replacing them ( one was my 2 year old 70” Samsung 3D tv and had to be scrapped with 0 compensation offered even after the electrician who was sent out after 3 months of waiting told us the whole houses wiring is faulty and shouldn’t be fit to rent) charged us a fumigation fee for having a rabbit outside (which they agreed for us to have upon request) £75 for a whole house fumigation is rediculous especially when the reasoning was an animal that only lived outside. Would 100% avoid as all they want is your rent then couldn’t care less about the tennents or he condition of the house

“Terrible ”

written by fmGalloway386 on 26/07/2018

Two words, unprofessional and dishonest! Told me fibs on more than one occasion.

“Luarna Sasso-Wiggins”

written by JohnTrape on 05/06/2018

Mixer tap needed to be repaired in my property. The Countrywide property manager notified me immediately and went on to deal with the problem to the complete satisfaction of the tenants. A swift,and first-rate service as usual from this highly professional lady. I am extremely happy.

“top agents ”

written by 465O'Rourke on 31/10/2017

gave my keys to 10 agents in chelmsford made a mistake should have gave the keys only to bairstows as they are in control of the market they sold property quick next time will signe a sole agency only with them as they are good

“My review is for dagenham- awful mortgage advisor....”

written by Garyisacunt on 18/10/2017

My review is for dagenham- awful mortgage advisor. He is incompetent and full of rubbish. I put an offer in to a house and he never fowarded this to the vendor. He didn’t bother calling us back. I constantly chased everything up. ABSOLOUTE JOKE. avoid this bairstow eves at all costs!

“Horrible experience! Several problems since the...”

written by DaltonDavis on 28/09/2017

Horrible experience! Several problems since the beginning. They didn't let us into the new property the day agreed knowing perfectly that we were leaving our current flat that day and we had a baby. Then after 5 days we could eventually go in there but the house was disgustingly dirty (we made a phone call the previous day to ensure about the cleanness of it and they confirmed it was when actually in wasn't). All what they were able to say was "the landlord is responsible, nothing we can do". So I don't understand which is the job of an estate agent and how they justify the fee they ask They paid me off £200 out of the £500 fee (what a miserable treatment) Then most of the jobs we agreed weren't been done at our entrance and any time we are reporting an issue to be resolved, it is a nightmare to get that done, months and months of nothing (no radiator in the bedroom for 5 months, of course winter time). No humanity or professionalism at all

“Great estate agent ”

written by Stevieboy12345 on 18/08/2017

Well done to the Coventry team who sold my house in Binley. Took a while , was messed around by one buyer and they found me another straight away. Thanks again,, and great work by the person I dealt with.

“Worst estate agents ever!!!”

written by Geomel on 02/08/2017

Phoned Bairstow Eves estate agents today to view a house they've got for sale! After giving all my details, name, address, phone number etc the agent asked me if I'd sold my house to which I replied 'no I don't need to as I'm renting it out'. She then asked me how much deposit I'd got, which I told her and was more than enough! She then went on to ask if I've got a mortgage in place which I replied 'not at the moment but I did have a mortgage in principle that ran out but I don't envisage there being a problem! She tried to book me an appointment with their mortgage advisors to which I told her I had my own independent advisor. She asked me his name and again I told her! Now by this time I'm getting really fed up as I have things to do. So after spending at least 20mins on the phone to me she says 'when you've got your mortgage in principle get back to us and I'll book you in for a viewing'. So the problem is......1. by the time I've got my mortgage offer the house could be sold! 2. What if I don't like the house then my mortgage in principle will start counting down again and applying for it over and over again leaves footprints on your credit record!! At the end of the Spanish inquisition she asked me which house it was I was interested in! I said the one I asked about at the beginning of the conversation, but it doesn't matter I'll look elsewhere for a house!! Let me just warn anybody trying to sell a house with Bairstow Eves. You want plenty of interest in your house as this is what will generate the best possible sale price! Do not dismiss any potential buyer as you could be losing a prospective sale! Do not judge a prospective buyer as you could be very disappointed! These agents charge a big commission and are more expensive than online agents with exactly the same sales marketing! People if you've got your house up for sale and paying a huge fee ensure these agents are working for you to achieve the best possible price and speedy sale!! Bairstow Eves I think you need to train your staff!

“Started well - then downhill all the way!”

written by 493Stuart on 13/06/2017

Well, I thought the initial valuation and meeting was really good. Helpful, likeable lady and she was great! That is the positive out of the way, from then on, it went downhill all the way. Had numerous viewings from people who were either not in a position to buy or who wanted something completely different?? Feedback, well when I got any it was only a proportion of it, and I had to chase for it. Telephoning their office what a nightmare, never got through first time, didn't get a call back and had to ring again. If I, a seller can't get through what chance does a prospective purchaser have? They would simply give up and go to another Agent. I know I would. I'm tied in for 12 weeks. I am moving on after that 12 weeks so not impressed. I didn't find the office staff helpful at all that is, when you could get through to someone. Don't use the Southend Branch - I have learnt my lesson.

“South Ockendon - AVOID!”

written by on 29/04/2017

Like many others who have made reviews I am extremely disappointed in the unprofessionalism, rudeness and dishonesty that I have suffered by trying to buy my first property though Bairstow Eves at the South Ockendon. If I could have made the review without giving them a star at all then I would have. NEVER again will I even attempt to view or consider this estate agents. DO NOT USE THEM!!

“Awful service by Bairstow Eves”

written by Pruitt282 on 06/03/2017

I would like to share a very awful experience with Bairstow Eves, Stratford. In the month on Jan 17, we were looking for a house and found one through the agent (Bairstow Eves). We liked the property and gone ahead by paying holding deposit on a condition of having new matresses in both the rooms. Both agent and landlord agreed to it and asked me to initiate reference check. All the reference checks came clear and few days before moving in to the property we were told that we will have to bear charges of £60 for getting old mattresses removed. This was quite strange to us as we requested for a new mattress which means the agent should make sure that old mattresses are removed at their cost. However, the agent refused to do so by saying that if it is not fine then you can withdraw the offer but there will be a deduction of reference fees from the holding deposit. This was something which was completely unacceptable and unethical. If I would have told that I would withdraw my offer then I would have lost amount related to reference fees and if I would have stayed with my offer then I had to pay mattress removal charges. There wasn’t any option available for me except for bearing an additional cost irrespective of what decision I make. This was a disgusting and doggy act which was completely unacceptable to me. However, I though of letting it go and move forward before another act of unprofessionalism was encountered. We moved to the property on 21 Jan and during the initial days, we found few issues which requires involvement of maintenance vendor. We were told that the property is managed by a professional vendor and are very proactive and helpful. Hence, around end of Jan, we had provided a complete list of issues which needed immediate attention. This includes faulty shower unit of the bathroom which couldn’t be used until it is repaired completely, improper/blocked drainage system and moulds issues in both bathrooms, major gaps on kitchen floor which attracts dirt and small pieces of food and broken gas cooker. Since, Jan I have been chasing both the agent and vendor on the pending issues but have failed to get them resolved. I have send atleast 40+ emails/reminds/calls and have not received any response/action on pending items. It leaves me completely frustated that after paying a huge agency fees and rent to a reputated company, the kind of service provided is of a very poor standard, unprofessional and unethical. Even after complaining about it chasing them there is absolute no movement/progress on the issues reported. I believe that a small real estate agency would have provided better services than what I am getting from Bairstow Eves. All concerns them is making money for themselves without actually providing services for which they are paid for. Through this post I am hoping to have an end to the problems faced by us so far.

“Great”

written by Niiikkkkiiiiiiiii on 13/02/2017

I can't explain how helpful and great he was. He stuck with us to find the right property, even though this took a while and eventually helped us find out dream first little flat together (my partner and I) which we have now very happily been in for nearly a year.

Asked by Antony1945 on 24th November 2015 Report this content
Just want to know if I paid a fair price of fee on my selling property? The price of the property was £117,000 the agency got £2,900 on fee, which to me looks extortionate.

Thanks for answering this question.

We will email your when your answer is on the site