Hawksbill Bay, Hawksbill Beach Hotel Reviews

Hawksbill Bay, Hawksbill Beach Hotel - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Hawksbill Bay, Hawksbill Beach Hotel

Hawksbill Bay, Hawksbill Beach Hotel

“My wife and I have been to Hawksbill three times, our...”

Written on: 14/10/2008 by scottdog (1 review written)

My wife and I have been to Hawksbill three times, our last visit was in May 2008 and each time we are made so welcome, the staff welcome us like old friends. Sure the place is a little tired but that adds to the character. We have met some wonderful people and made new friends both staff and guests. We just love it, even when it rains. Florida it's not, so don't expect it to be like it!!!
Just writing this makes me wish I was there now… Read Full Review

“We have just returned from our second visit to this...”

Written on: 22/02/2008

We have just returned from our second visit to this resort and found it to be just as lovely as we remembered it. We had a wonderfully relaxing two weeks and only wished we could have stayed longer. The food is plentiful and delicious and served in in attractive, clean restaurants. The staff are friendly and helpful and appear to really enjoy what they do, which makes for a wonderful atmosphere. The only slightly detrimental comment I would make is that the accommodation, although clean… Read Full Review

“We had a lovely relaxing honeymoon at Hawksbill and...”

Written on: 06/01/2008 by jenny barker (1 review written)

We had a lovely relaxing honeymoon at Hawksbill and would definitely highly recommend to anyone who wants a relaxing all inclusive holiday, it was paradise for us… Read Full Review

“If you like a laid back vacation, and uncrowded...”

Written on: 27/11/2007 by ebob1 (1 review written)

If you like a laid back vacation, and uncrowded beaches, this is the place for you. The Hawksbill property has four beautiful beaches covering about a mile and just over a hundred rooms. Even at full capacity it is easy to find peace and quiet. We have returned to the Hawksbill with our extended family nine times, and we have never been disappointed.

The staff is very friendly and the food is excellent. The all inclusive package is a great deal - in addition to dinner (usually with… Read Full Review

“Just fabulous. Rustic charm, great food, staff and...”

Written on: 09/12/2006 by vakl grebezs (1 review written)

Just fabulous. Rustic charm, great food, staff and also great guests.
Val, London… Read Full Review

“Hire a jeep to see the island. We got ours through...”

Written on: 21/08/2006 by tim swarbrooke (1 review written)

Hire a jeep to see the island. We got ours through Kuoni. However, it would have been $10-$20 cheaper per day had we got one through the hotel. They drive on the same side as us. There are little if no road signs in Antigua, so you will need to use buildings and visual aids to navigate around the island. The petrol is really cheap, and you can see virtually all the island on half a tank of petrol. Vital to get an air conditioned jeep! Take $ dollars with you, as everybody accepts them and many… Read Full Review

“I stayed at the Hawksbill Beach hotel in Antigua with...”

Written on: 11/05/2006 by rob1 (1 review written)

I stayed at the Hawksbill Beach hotel in Antigua with my wife and two young sons, and we enjoyed the resort and the laid back Island feel very much. There were enough water sports to satisfy our needs, though I would say if you were looking for high adventure then avoid it, (which is precisely why we liked it)… Read Full Review

“Staff mostly very friendly and helpful. Impressed by...”

Written on: 15/01/2006 by Julia and Ray Morris (1 review written)

Staff mostly very friendly and helpful. Impressed by standards of hygiene and we were told by Head Chef that Hawksbill Beach Hotel met very high criteria set by British Airways for hotels in the Carribean in food handling regulations. We believe that new management are trying hard to raise standards but this of course takes a bit of time. We have been before and shall return!
We thoroughly recommend this for a chill-out holiday in relaxed surroundings… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Where do I begin? I had heard this was a "First Class...”

Written on: 15/01/2005 by matthewwhite (3 reviews written)

Where do I begin? I had heard this was a "First Class Typical Caribbean Hotel". I'm fortuante to have stayed in a few of them and this doesn't even come close. It is long overdue a makeover, some staff training and maybe the hiring of a management team who care what people think. OK, here we go...
THE ROOM
Thick layers of dust on the coffee machine and toilet cistern, hairs on bathroom tiles all stayed untouched by "cleaners". The floor was dirty and sticky. There was one small wardrobe with 4… Read Full Review

185748_Amacrae's Response to matthewwhite's Review

Written on: 18/03/2005

I wonder if Matthew actually stayed at the same Hawksbill Beach hotel that we've stayed at year after year? For one thing, the swimming pool is certainly larger than Matthew's description of 6'x6'. But who looks for a swimming pool at a Caribbean beach resort?

Kristain77's Response to matthewwhite's Review

Written on: 13/05/2010

Dear friends at Hawksbill; My friend Rine and I spent a wonderful week with our Ontario Canada "8" in early January and found your resort charming. We were treated like royalty by your caring, polite. and wonderful staff. The food was excellent and varied and the drinks and wine plentiful and good in every respect.

Popeye2's Response to matthewwhite's Review

Written on: 24/01/2006

We stayed at Hawksbill 2 years ago and it sounds as though it hasn't changed - in fact it does sound worse! Our first room was a garden room which was very dark and had an most unusual layout! We were quickly changed to a superior room which was very clean - although I agree that the lighting was very poor. We did however have to pay extra for this room! Have to agree with comments re: the pool - it is a joke. The worst aspect of this hotel is the food. It was bland, cold, little choice and very very repetitive. The staff were very slow and some evenings we were lucky to get our wine glasses topped up - even though the resort is All Inclusive.
<br>We spoke to a few people who had been to Hawksbill year after year (as it was a hotel with a very loyal clientele) and they all commented that it had gone down after they went All Inclusive. (They weren't going back!) My advice - if you have to go Antigua stay somewhere else. Strongly suggest Maldives or any Indian Ocean island as an alternative - you will not be disappointed!

Johnhelgacook's Response to matthewwhite's Review

Written on: 28/08/2005

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in 2001 and agree with most of Mr White's comments. It is owned by a Swiss company who seem only concerned with the profit & loss account. Our room was next to an overflowing sewage pipe but constant complaints failed to get any results. The food was poor to awful and so we bought our own breakfasts in the island's shops and ate our other meals out. The staff, with very few exceptions were either not trained or very badly so: in the main nice enough people but with just no idea now to look after guests or their hotel. The only redeaming feature was the wonderful nudist beach on which we spend many happy hours - along with the neighbour's goats which the management seemed unable or unwilling to keep out! Our advice to anyone wanting to use this beach is to stay anywhere else and just come along early enough to get a lounger. It could be paradise. What a shame.

201340_Gail Dorrell's Response to matthewwhite's Review

Written on: 12/07/2005

My brother is getting married next year and intends getting married in Antiqua. He was told that Hawksbill was like heaven on earth and wanted us all to go out together and stay at the Hawksbill for his wedding. When we were told that the hotel had no air conditioning, my partner and I said we would not stay in a hotel in the Caribean without air conditioning and we, therefore, ended up booking 2 weeks at the Jolly Beach hotel (recommended by someone who had stayed there this year) but the rest of the party have insisted on going to Hawksbill!!!! After reading your review I think we have had a lucky escape! We are going next May so I will let you know what we think of Hawksbill when we visit the family there and how the rest of the family get on staying there!

Read 5 Comments