Natwest Child Trust Fund Reviews

Natwest Child Trust Fund - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Natwest Child Trust Fund

Natwest Child Trust Fund

“Fund performance generally”

Written on: 06/09/2022 by Quinlanhq1966 (1 review written)

We have yet to access both of may daughters natwest ctf funds so that particular nightmare is still yet to happen for us, however, I just wanted to comment on the performance of the fund itself. In 2004 I took out a stakeholder ctf with natwest, and after almost 18 years of regular monthly investment, it has hasn't really made any profit. We would have been better off just stuffing the money under the mattress. Daughter no2's fund started in 2006 and that is obviously the same. I really regret choosing this fund.

“Outdated and Terrible Service”

Written on: 31/08/2022 by GraysonDavidson (1 review written)

Website is outdated and broken, had to send everything to them by post. Had to find a certifier. Online verification was broken and wouldn't let me send some documents. Takes like a whole month before you get your money

“I was lucky”

Written on: 29/07/2022 by Juliah1973 (1 review written)

After reading the negative press about the NatWest child trust fund shambles I was really worried for my daughter as she needed her money for starting university in September. After a few issues getting her onto the online portal as error messages kept appearing we finally got on. We managed to upload the identity check part again had to keep working through the tech issues. I then visited bank and got a verified bank statement to prove her address which I sent recorded delivery along with a cover letter with all her details. I didn’t expect it all to happen so quickly or stress free but….. 4 days later a cheque appeared in the post!!! All sorted and she has her cash. My advice would be to avoid the phone line, it’s pointless, avoid the online chat help, again pointless. Persevere with the portal, keep trying at different times of the day it’s unpredictable and frustrating but it does sometimes let you in. Also, they don’t let you upload some documents and wouldn’t even entertain us trying to verify her bank details on the portal. Get a signed copy of bank info which is dated, upload a photo of it to portal and also send it on recorded delivery. Seemed to work for us at least. My other daughters due her ls next year so fingers crossed they have improved their service by then x

Kmarie2000's Response to Juliah1973's Review

Written on: 26/08/2022

Did you receive a letter saying you would receive funds within 15 days? We did everything by post and received this letter yesterday so hoping it means it will all go smoothly

Juliah1973's reply to Kmarie2000's Comment

Written on: 26/08/2022

Hi there. Yes I got that letter then the day after the cheque arrived so hopefully yours is on the way.

Read 2 Comments

“Child trust fund horrendous! Still waiting months on! ”

Written on: 27/07/2022 by Murray70 (1 review written)

My son has got to the point of giving up hope of receiving his trust fund! What a shambles of a process that should never be this hard. We stayed on the phone for over an hour getting access to the portal and gave permission and details to withdraw the ctf then due to overload of work NatWest blocked the portal and said we did not give permission to withdraw funds, uploaded documents were received then lost!! Accepted them then not accepted and told re send and months later they have reduced the fund amount being given all because they say they didn’t freeze it as permission wasn’t given when it 100% was on the only occasion we could access the portal. I have never seen such incompetence! All other banks dealt with it so efficiently! NatWest need to pay compensation for all the times we had to pay for parking when we were busy to get documents certified over and over and sent through NatWest internal post when it could be uploaded online! I got told by staff if we banked with NatWest maybe the process would of been easier ! No way! Never! It was through RBS not NatWest yet NatWest bank staff are taking the blame from angry customers! I could go on and on over this shambles. I’m dreading my next sons ctf!

“1 star, it should be 0 or minus figures!”

Written on: 18/07/2022 by DelaneyTaylor (1 review written)

My son has now been trying to access his trust fund for at least 10 months now, we had documents verified online before he turned 18 then they asked for more proof when he turned 18 which we sent and waited then they asked for even more proof. people who had their trust fund with other companies were able to call and give NI number then they received a check.(take note NATWEST) the phone number and portal do not work and the staff in branch say they don't deal with trust funds.

Moshface's Comment

Written on: 30/07/2022

Hi
My son turned 18 in May this year. He has now received a cheque in the post for his funds. This did take some time and patience but we are so pleased he has received it at last. From reading all the reviews it seems a lot of people are waiting much longer so we didn’t have a lot of hope in getting it any time soon. We had his documents certified at our local post office, paid a fee of £12 and within a week got a response saying these are in the process of getting reviewed which could take 18 days. After 2 weeks he managed to log on to the portal, it did keep crashing but he was persistent and eventually it allowed him to withdraw funds. A week later the cheque arrived. I hope everyone gets theirs sorted and gets their money. The portal is a pain but please keep trying, it does work. Get those documents certified (passport and provisional license) send via post and keep trying the portal. He managed to get on to his in the afternoon. Hope this helps :)

Moshface's Comment

Written on: 31/07/2022

Hi

Read 2 Comments

“Natwest child trust fund”

Written on: 30/06/2022 by Gcass (1 review written)

This service is truly diabolical. And its made even worse by the fact that I have identical twins sons who turned 18 in December 2021. One with natwest one with one family. Son with one family had online digital verification, took less than 20 minutes and received his money within 4 days. Son with natwest has yet to see a penny. Natwest portal is basic and unclear. No specific instructions of how to upload documents. To eventually be told I had to post certified documents. The telephone service is terrible. They give no clear instructions. So we've been waiting 7 months! Uploaded docs numerous times. Sent postal documents twice. Easily 20 plus telephone conversations. All the time holding hundreds of ctfs.. gaining interest. Extremely unhappy.

Aminanida's Response to Gcass's Review

Written on: 05/07/2022

Have you tried to call now? Around 2o’clock is when the lines hold for less than 5mins. I managed to get them on the phone a few days ago, very quickly. And I told them to stay on the line while I do everything so that if there’s any errors, they will be on the phone to tell me what to do. Try now, recently the lines are much quicker

Aminanida's Response to Gcass's Review

Written on: 05/07/2022

Read 2 Comments

“Scandalous behaviour from NatWest”

Written on: 26/06/2022 by SMDD (1 review written)

My daughter has been trying to access her CTF since she turned 18 in March and has submitted documents on several occasions but they still keep asking for the same information. This is absolutely scandalous behaviour from NatWest. She has even been told that her payment was being processed and she would receive it within 15 days but they then asked for the same information again. She has recently been diagnosed with a serious medical condition that means that she is unable to work so every penny counts and NatWest are not giving her her money.

“My daughter has been trying to claim the trust fund...”

Written on: 16/06/2022 by Wren388 (1 review written)

My daughter has been trying to claim the trust fund for past 2 weeks already gone down £200 I have a meeting today with a solicitor about this so I advise getting a solicitor involved already was aware of this what nateeat are doing and they have hundreds of complaint claims going through not helped my daughter at all happy to keep taking money off im starting to think this is a sham but will find out today with my solicitor .

“CTF Worst ever!!”

Written on: 04/06/2022 by Kylan446 (1 review written)

How do I make an official complaint about accessing child trust fund?THE WORST service EVER!!!!! After my son turning 18 he tried to withdraw money in his CTF. Most of the time you can’t get access to the portal, then money has gone down by thousands when it had been asked to withdraw, then says there’s 0 . They don’t accept any Id when you send original documents over and over,birth certificate, provisional licence, bank statement saying they can’t read an original bank statement! Not a copy, after months says they don’t accept birth certificates or provisional after sent lots of times, online and in paper. Pointless having a phone line as no one EVER answers, just leave you on a phone line for 2 hours until it cuts you off. Hundreds of times this has happened! No one answers emails. Then get asked to send copies of council tax bill, utility bill, full driving licence not a provisional or blue badge….. all thing an 18 doesn’t usually have! Plus have to get signed by a police man or a solicitor!!! Because I know loads of them to do that!NOT! It’s a sham to keep hold of teenagers money! Other people we know with CTF in other banks have all accessed theirs easily without any problem! We accessed court fund money 10 times easier! With the same documents you don’t accept. I’d give -0. Worse than terrible if I could!

“Advice ”

Written on: 02/06/2022 by ConnorKennedy348 (1 review written)

I turned 18 and received my trust fund last year, waiting months because of this terrible company. I would HIGHLY recommend everyone to ONLY call as soon as they open which is at 8am from mon-fri. literally dial them at 8 on the dot. That is when they’ll (be much more likely to) pick up your call. PERSISTENTLY call everyday.if you can- call multiple times a day.

“CTF where is my sons money?”

Written on: 25/05/2022 by xyHolman404 (1 review written)

My son turned 18 in February 2022, filled in everything to cash it in on the day of his birthday and told to send photocopies of birth certificate and bank statement which I did. Heard nothing for 2 months, went to local branch and sent both of documents again through them, no response! Fed up with waiting we sent another letter once again with ID documents stating that if we had no response we would contact financial services to investigate what was going on. To my surprise we received a letter back! They now want a certified copy of his provisional driving licence and another letter proving address, states a tenancy agreement, house deeds or utility bill in his name or a letter from HMRC with his tax code.. he still lives with us - his parents so nothing is in his name and he is still at college so not working! I’m at a loss on what I can do to help him get his money, he needs it to start driving lessons! I can’t call them as I no longer have any authority over it and he is at college when the phone lines are open, not that I think we would have much luck in contacting them by reading some of these reviews. Furious is not the word for how I feel regarding this, give these kids their money!!!!

“worst bank of all time”

Written on: 19/05/2022 by ihatenatwest (1 review written)

I turned 18 just under a month ago and have been trying to access my CTF since then, they have been no help, no answer on the phone, and its claims that it can never recognize my bank details. from other reviews I've read this seems like a very consistent theme and I genuinely hope everybody gets their money and then this bank goes under

“Child trust fund”

Written on: 18/05/2022 by knRoth70 (1 review written)

I have been trying since last November to get my sons ctf .4 times we've sent documents and they keep resending us the forms to do again .months we've tried ringing and cuts us off after an hour .I feel like I'm going mad ,it's his money he's 18 soon to be 19 it's bang out of order just give everyone there money natwest

“so terrible”

Written on: 17/05/2022 by Daniel342 (1 review written)

Had to send proof of identity twice now, as well as going to a branch where they specifically said that the information provided would be enough. However, I have received yet another letter asking for more copies of documents I have already sent. Extremely frustrating. Phones are impossible to get through (have been on hold for 3 hours before the phone lines close and tell you to try again tomorrow), live chat is useless and the people on twitter are wrong.

“Rubbish”

Written on: 17/05/2022 by Tewy55 (1 review written)

My daughter has been trying to get her ctg payment since her birthday on 12 March 6 weeks ago they said it would be put in with in 6 weeks and today she got another letter to say they want more info it has taken 6 weeks to send a letter out it is disgusting they should be ashamed of them selfs if I could find out who to contact about this to the government I would and if I could put minus 50 stars I would load of rubbish totally

“Shambolic and super stressful nightmare!”

Written on: 14/05/2022 by JSweeney70 (1 review written)

Much like other people’s experience with NatWest Child Trust Fund - this has been an absolute nightmare - still trying to get hold of my daughter’s money since the beginning of March. I’m horrified that this financial institution is allowed to operate like this! I don’t believe that they can be so shambolic - we too have been asked to provide so much documentation to prove my daughter’s identity, which we have submitted and then nothing, no acknowledgement. It’s been 6 weeks since I went to the bank with my daughters passport to verify her identity! I have written to them to complain and surprisingly got a quick reply - addressed to my daughter saying they would look into it but that was weeks ago and still nothing. They are undoubtedly the worst company ever - surely there is a legal limit to how long they can hold onto my daughters money? Maybe time to contact the Ombudsman or solicitor. I am so frustrated and stressed with the whole situation!

“Poor Bank. Where's my sons money??”

Written on: 14/05/2022 by RobMcF (1 review written)

No Rating - shocking bank, shocking support, cunningly have no email contact address, we have to call them at huge expense or step back in time and write a letter then post it , several times, only to get the same reply " we need more eveidence' My son turned 18 SEPT 2021 - we now live in NZ so had to call late at night to speak with a person. We tried several times at firstwaiting well over 1 hr before hanging up. These calls have been at huge cost. We filled the paperwork in, wrote the letters and sent bank details , passport and drivers licence details across to the uK - Verified several times by the bank, our accountant and the local police station. We got all these docs back and the account was closed in FEB2022. In March we got a letter to say they need more evidence for the bank a/c due to money laundering, crikey the kids 18 - who reviews all the signed docs? Anyway in March they said we would get a cheque, now its mid MAY 2022 - 8 MONTHS and still no money. Where is it? Why do we have to keep ringing, WRITING LETTERS only to get back still not enough evidence. Shocking bank, shocking behavior and what makes it worth, my 18 yr old who is doing a building apprenticeship really needs the money to pay off his tools. I see this will not post unless I give an overall rating. Thats the only way these clowns get a star. So backward , poor customer service and we still dont have the money, dont know where it has gone as the account has zero in it. What about the interest and the $159 we spent via calls, letters/mposting mail to get this GOVT entitled money !!!!

“Child Trust Fund. Give me my money”

Written on: 07/05/2022 by Joannealbert1 (1 review written)

Been having the same issues as everyone else. Cannot get access to the funds. Sent letter after letter, never enough. Keep wanting more evidence of my daughter's identity. Cannot get through on helpine when eventually get through after 1 hour and forty minutes on hold told more evidence needed. This was meant to help my daughter when she goes to university. Absolutely appalling service. NatWest give me my money.

“Absolutely diabolical service!! ”

Written on: 06/05/2022 by DonnaMitch80 (1 review written)

My daughter turned 18 in March and we are still waiting for her CTF to be paid. After several phone calls we finally spoke to someone in April to be told she would have it by today 06/05/22 and surprise still nothing. I'm currently in the process of changing my sons to a new provider. Other providers have paid out within 4 days it is not acceptable to be waiting months for what is rightfully theirs!!!

“No access to trust fund and stopped taking payments”

Written on: 01/05/2022

In this day and age the service is terrible. No more standing orders, and by the way set up a DD on our fabulous portal which still does not work. Might as well go back to paying in cheques. Natwest should be ashamed of this service. Lost for words. No wonder people are going crypto, the banks can't organise a simple online portal. If I walk into a Natwest Bank and ask about this they will no doubt say nothing to do with them, and I would not blame them. Terrible terrible service.