Natwest Child Trust Fund Reviews

Media Gallery for Natwest Child Trust Fund

Natwest Child Trust Fund

“Awful amateur service”

Written on: 16/09/2021

I started my call to this centre at 13.58 on 15,09,2021 eventually got a reply at 16.42 when a young man answered , I then complained about the long wait I had experienced - No swearing or shouting just a moan, he then put me on hold until 17.26 so then I gave up - Think your clever ? Your a call centre that is not fit for purpose and your manager, supervisor should hang their head in shame in the bad management and service you provide. NAT WEST, You need to know about this grossly incompetent… Read Full Review

“Bad service ”

Written on: 13/09/2021 by Kylan255 (1 review written)

I went into branch and send the documents off to receive my CTF and the man told me it would take a week to go into my bank. Nearly 4 weeks later and i’ve not received anything! Plus you can’t get through to them when you call! infuriating!… Read Full Review

“Incredible twitter support”

Written on: 09/09/2021 by Ummar60 (1 review written)

So I received my maturity letter 6 weeks prior even though I changed address recently, the portal obviously doesn’t work so I DMd Twitter support and they were amazing and very helpful, if you can’t call then twitter is the best, they answered all my queries as I had to send my certified documents by post, once it was processed they sent my money within a few working days!… Read Full Review

“So unprofessional- I did end up getting my trust fund...”

Written on: 30/08/2021 by 182Morrow (1 review written)

They only sent me my letter after I turned 18 so I couldn’t even log in to the portal. I had to really pester them by calling them everyday/ two days to inquire them of the state of my trust find. Then after all the delay, they finally gave it to me. Please don’t lose hope guys, some months ago I was in the same situation. I would highly advise you to call them when their lines open-bang on 9am persistently (DO NOT delay and call after this time as you will have to wait ages on the line-… Read Full Review

Zzra's Comment

Written on: 22/09/2021

hi, I'm hoping to get control of my CTF and I just wanted to ask what details u need to have ready and what to ask for

“No, Just No”

Written on: 28/08/2021 by AnyaCalhoun358 (1 review written)

NatWest are probably one of the worst services that I have ever worked with, They mention that letters should be dispatched 6 weeks until my birthday and nothing came, call them telling them about this situation (1hr 30mins wait on phone) they send the letters "within 3 working days" 1 1/2 weeks later letters don't come, ring them again and eventually they come, complete the maturity form with valid proof of identity address and bank details, they reject as there is an insufficient amount of… Read Full Review

“Has anyone actually managed to sort there trust fund...”

Written on: 02/08/2021 by mollys7188 (1 review written)

Has anyone actually managed to sort there trust fund out? I received my letters after my birthday so my details wasn’t working to try and make an account so I’ve had to send letters off and seen as though all these reviews are terrible my letter will probably be sent back or I’ll probably be told they haven’t Received it. So can anyone help me as to how I can sort this and get my trust fund as the NatWest trust fund number don’t like to answer. Thankyou… Read Full Review

Csfinancialadviser's Response to mollys7188's Review

Written on: 04/08/2021

I understand that once you turn 18 you can't get into the CTF Portal any longer.
I am trying to sort out for my nephew and after speaking to 3 completely useless individuals finally got through to someone who was halfway helpful.
They suggested sending a letter with instructions confirming the CTF Account number, name address and date of birth of the account holder requesting payment into your bank account confirming bank account number, sort code etc. Sending certified copies of ID verification and a recent bank statement for the account you want to receive the funds (Documents to be certified either in a Nat West Bank Branch or by a solicitor or financial adviser. Send all to : NatWest Invest PO Box 946 Newport NP20 9QW

Lardass19's Response to mollys7188's Review

Written on: 11/08/2021

No mines exactly the same abd weve even been in to NatWest and it wad verified their. Still saying it's not received .im going to the ombudsman it's a joke 8mths now

Lardass19's Response to mollys7188's Review

Written on: 11/08/2021

Same here its ab absolute joke IM going to the ombudsman

Karenross's Response to mollys7188's Review

Written on: 07/08/2021

same here couldnt get into the portal so had to do letters...sent off documentation..paid £8 to get it proofed at post office..got letter back from bank..refused documentation..for some unknown reason..having to send off more documentation and get it proofed elsewhere...what do they want blood..for my own money??? really angry about this

Read 4 Comments

“Child trust fund”

Written on: 26/07/2021 by soParks400 (1 review written)

How difficult is it to sort out a child trust fund?The portal doesn't work,send off documents and it's not enough still want more.It's like they don't want these 18 year old's to have what is entitled to them.Husband was waiting an hour to get through today to be told we are now closed.Awful customer service, and by reading the reviews everyone is in the same situation.Has anyone actually sorted it out and received what is owed to them?… Read Full Review

“Child trust fund”

Written on: 21/07/2021 by Brendaq50 (1 review written)

Logged in to NatWest child trust fund ,tried to upload documents, I tried on four different devices and tried on three different web browsers and could not load the documents it asked for . finally got them uploaded to then have the page say your request couldn’t be submitted at this time . Please try again . I have been trying all day and getting extremely annoyed with the whole thing… Read Full Review

“Awful company ”

Written on: 20/07/2021 by 360Townsend (1 review written)

Terrible customer service, called their phone number multiple times to try and get an answer as to why I still don’t have my CTF though my 18th was over two weeks ago and I am being left on hold for 45mins+ every time with no answer whatsoever. The investment portal website does NOT work, after choosing my maturity option to encash I completed all of the steps including verification with my passport and recent bank statement, submitted and the website was stuck on a loading screen for about… Read Full Review

Michele1024's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2021

Hello, did you end up getting a reply to the complaint and if so was it at all useful?

Rebecca0Xakwk's Comment

Written on: 07/08/2021

Nope, they’ve posted me a letter confirming the complaint has been sent to the department dated 21st July and it said they will aim to resolve the complaint within 5 working days. Two weeks later still nothing.. and on top of that they spelt my name wrong on the letter, at this point I have no hope

Michele1024's Comment

Read 3 Comments

“Dreadful ”

Written on: 13/07/2021 by Clairetil01 (1 review written)

The phone number is not working as I’m on hold for hours a week. No email address I can find and NatWest customer service unhelpful ( when you can eventually get through) heard nothing after sending paperwork off since April. I’m now loosing the plot!!!… Read Full Review

“Terrible customer service”

Written on: 15/06/2021 by Ginaq231 (1 review written)

Terrible customer service. Been trying to get child trust funds since January. Rang ever day. On hold for hours. Finally had forms filled them in booked time off work to get countersigned by bank as opening times arerunbish. Month later letter stating need another bank statement. Sent that again. Heard nothing. Due to working have rang every night at 4.45 at 5.30 on hold then get message we are now closed!!!… Read Full Review

Fahmi56's Comment

Written on: 08/07/2021

Unfortunately I am also in a similar situation. I have been trying to get the money since April. Today also I was holding the phone for 1 hour 32 minutes and 54 seconds then got fed up and disconnected. Disgusting Natwest CTF team are not willing to give our hard earned money back to us, after waiting for 18 years!!
Surprisingly we are not able to contact them and they are getting away with this. There has to be a solution.
I think they behaving illegally by holding our money without our consent.

Cat364's Comment

Written on: 09/07/2021

Hiya, have you managed to resolve this at all? I am unable to log in to my sons account and have been trying since march to ring but been on hold for what feels like my whole life. Im now seriously concerned about being able to access his money when the time comes next month when he turns 18! Tried talking to someone from Natwest but they won't help either!

Read 2 Comments

“Shocking service ”

Written on: 09/06/2021 by 188Flynn (1 review written)

I have been trying to sort out my child’s trust fund account for over two weeks now... constanly phoning them .. there service is a joke.. every time you call you are waiting 50 mins to an hour and still no answer this is every day for nearly 2 weeks, I have also sent many emails to them and all just been ignored completely... worse company ever... would not recommend anyone keeping or having there child’s trust with them... not letter from them nothing at all… Read Full Review

“Child trust fund ”

Written on: 29/05/2021 by Unhappyfrog (1 review written)

Poor service my son can't get his CTF . Received letter with instructions on how to apply. First tried online. Got half way through and it stopped working. When tried to get back on, wouldn't except code ,so got denied . Went too the back it self , they were unfriendly and unhelpful. Rang them neatly everyday no answer . When did get through got told hadn't received paper work or the address I was sent was wrong and had to resend paper work again . Went to their branch again insisted on talking… Read Full Review

Shahina786's Response to Unhappyfrog's Review

Written on: 08/06/2021

Have had same issue. Not only was the relevant paperwork not sent to us on time, we were misinformed by advisor. Which meant the documentation was not accepted. Got promised by another advisor who rang my son eventually and lodged a complaint. She was the most competent. Only to receive a letter that the matter had been resolved! It certainly hasn't been, we're still waiting for a maturity option form. And as far as I'm concerned until the shares are sold and transferred into my son's acct, the matter is certainly not resolved!!

“Beware of NatWest ”

Written on: 19/04/2021 by Nickfern (1 review written)

Applied for my daughters trust fund in Dec2020 sent all appropriate paperwork including letter from dentist heard nothing kept ringing for hours and for days . Finally made complaint but got a reply saying they tried to ring with no answer so was end to complaint even though we have proof they didn’t ring !!!! 4 months later still no nearer to obtaining my daughters funds . Disgusting service from so called multi national company , the Government should look into this matter… Read Full Review

Annoyed1239's Response to Nickfern's Review

Written on: 15/06/2021

The stress it has caused is horrendous. Been trying since January. Next step I am taking is to ring HMRC gov to complain about NatWest.

“cant get trust fund”

Written on: 12/04/2021 by XDXEXBXS (1 review written)

natwest trust fund applied for cash in, cant be processed for some reason, in branch cant help and customer care or dont care wont answer the phone after being on hold nearly all day. How are we suppoised to get the money that we are entitled to ?? JOKE… Read Full Review

“Wont give me MY money”

Written on: 28/03/2021 by thebaddest (1 review written)

If I could give minus stars I would. Its been 4 months since I've turned 18 and they still haven't given me my money. I have sent of documents 5 TIMES! Both online and by post. The only response I get is the same exact letter again and again asking for my documents. I have tried calling too but I'm just left on hold for 30+ minutes. I have absolutely no idea why they are keeping my money hostage but its really angering me because I have also contributed my own personal money too. This is the… Read Full Review

“SEVERAL COMPLAINTS NOT SOLVED PROBLEM”

Written on: 22/02/2021 by Allie33 (1 review written)

Their website is not working, nor their phone number they give to call I've spent money and long queue hrs on the phone, not answer… Read Full Review

“Communication. What's that !!!!”

Written on: 01/02/2021 by Natwestareuseless (1 review written)

Trying to sort my child trust fund is a nightmare. I have sent off information 3 times but apparently they never receive it. If you ever get through on the phone they are unhelpful and no email to contact on as its unavailable. SO HOW DO WE SORT IT OUT !!!!!… Read Full Review

Tayyab123's Response to Natwestareuseless's Review

Written on: 18/02/2021

Hi I’m going through the same problem with them. I’ve send valid documentation. And they have send me a letter back saying that I need valid documents. And then I’ve been ringing their NatWest investments line. And I’ve been on call for 1 hour and they never answer their Phone. If you could help on how the best way to contact them so they answer please. Thanks

Thebaddest's reply to Tayyab123's Comment

Written on: 28/03/2021

hey the same thing has been happening to me! I was wondering if you have been able to fix your problem? I still havent and its been 4 months since i turned 18!

Jaudanp's reply to Tayyab123's Comment

Written on: 20/04/2021

What address did you send your documents to? I’ve sent it off and still no reply

Thebaddest's Response to Natwestareuseless's Review

Written on: 28/03/2021

i am having the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smythie's reply to Thebaddest's Comment

Written on: 14/07/2021

Have you resolved this problem? Because I’m currently going through exactly what you were and I’m currently on the phone to NatWest with no response

Read 5 Comments

“Terrible returns for higher fees than the best UK funds!”

Written on: 06/06/2018 by ErosSimone (1 review written)

This fund has underperformed every section of the UK stock market since inception. It is clearly managed by incompetent investors who charge a fee of 1.5% for returns of less than 5% even when the whole market, without the need to pick individual stocks, returns over 10% per year. There are many very well-run funds in the UK returning consistently over 10% per annum that charge significantly less than 1% fees. I have already decided to move my child's money out of this fund into a Junior ISA… Read Full Review

Jnrrumana's Response to ErosSimone's Review

Written on: 05/09/2018

Thanks for sharing. I’ll also reconsidering as my 14yr old wants to see more transparency around who is doing what to get the best outcome.

“bad customer services ”

Written on: 29/07/2016 by 29Gillespie (1 review written)

Natwest don't care about people with disabilities there have pushed me in debt I now have to go bankrupt because of the bank also I have been told by a manager that NatWest doesn't like person who has learning disabilities… Read Full Review