Million Dollar Baby Reviews

Million Dollar Baby - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Million Dollar Baby

Million Dollar Baby

“I watched this film on DVD way after its release and...”

Written on: 18/12/2006 by AndreaG (242 reviews written)

I watched this film on DVD way after its release and its sucess at the Oscars. To be honest I wasn't too bothered about watching it and so was totally shocked when I realised how good it really was.
The Charatcters I though were great, Clint Eastwood plays a convincing role as a coach who has had his day but is forced into taking on another boxer with Hilary Swank. He clearly has issues with the loss of contact with his daughter and as time goes on you see the relationship between him and… Read Full Review

“I Bought Million Dollar Baby from Woolworths Channel...”

Written on: 05/07/2005 by AWG (48 reviews written)

I Bought Million Dollar Baby from Woolworths Channel Islands mail order. Expected a lot better. Have been a Clint Eastwood watcher for many, many years, through the 60s/70s/80s/90s. Never really knew whether he was a truly great actor or not until "Unforgiven". From then on I classed him as such. A bit like John Wayne until you saw "The Searchers" - then you realised the true greatness.

The dark DVD cover does not even look like Eastwood, and sorry, Sunday Times but it's certainly not "one in… Read Full Review

The Daddy's Response to AWG's Review

Written on: 14/11/2006

I agree with this review 110%! I struggled with this film and thought it was well over hyped although I did find it watchable but certainly not Oscar-worthy. I also agree entirely with your points regarding Unforgiven - if you want to see Clint and Morgan Freeman in a truly great movie then that is the one to watch.

Read 1 Comment

“Million Dollar Baby - I saw this not knowing what to...”

Written on: 09/02/2005 by Liam thomas (31 reviews written)

Million Dollar Baby - I saw this not knowing what to expect or seeing it advertised, and I was absolutely blown away by it. It has superb acting and a storyline different from any other boxing movie and even an ending that didn't leave a dry eye in the cinema. All of these made this one of the best films I've seen in years. Although not nominated for a BAFTA, it will definitely sweep the Oscars… Read Full Review