Indesit D41 Reviews

Media Gallery for Indesit D41

Indesit D41
Indesit D41

“The pensioner of D41”

Written on: 04/09/2022 by Dave8209 (1 review written)

I first purchased my D41 back in 1996 when I was having my kitchen replaced. It did go wrong after 6 months, a seal hadn't been set properly so developed a leak which tripped the fuse, supplier repaired and not had any mechanical problems since. The only other thing to go wrong was the cutlery tray started breaking up about 6 years ago, and the wheels to the crockery tray broke off, I managed to purchase new wheels with clips from Amazon for about £8. The machine has basically been used daily and regular cleaning with a supermarket purchased item and the salt tub filled regularly. This was my first dishwasher and is still working to this day

“We have our D41 for about 9 years, it gets used almost...”

Written on: 06/03/2011

We have our D41 for about 9 years, it gets used almost every day and we have not had any trouble with it, it has been an excellent purchase

“I have had it for about 10 years and hadn't had any...”

Written on: 19/11/2010

I have had it for about 10 years and hadn't had any problem till last Month.
when it starts to trigger RCCB from time to time.

“Very good all together.”

Written on: 30/11/2009

Very good all together.

“Indesit D41 is one of the most reliable dish washers...”

Written on: 29/04/2009

Indesit D41 is one of the most reliable dish washers of all time. Slim and can cope with large load. The Tardis of dish washers. knife and fork basket not very strong.

“The Indesit D41 is totally reliable, good cleaning...”

Written on: 03/03/2009

The Indesit D41 is totally reliable, good cleaning results. Really good dishwasher, no problems at all with it.

“We have had our Indesit D41 for over 7 years and have...”

Written on: 10/02/2009

We have had our Indesit D41 for over 7 years and have had no problems with it at all and it washes well on all settings. The only bad point is the basket has now fallen to pieces (well it was used everyday for the 6 years whilst our children were still at home).

“Like everything it is only as good as the people who...”

Written on: 12/10/2008

Like everything it is only as good as the people who use it . Look after it and should keep going we have had our Indesit D41 for 8 years and so far only had to put a washer on it where the top tray pushes in and out of .

“With four programmes, the Indesit D41 is simple to...”

Written on: 09/10/2008 by pimple100 (1 review written)

With four programmes, the Indesit D41 is simple to use. The basic 25 minute wash is fine for a general crockery and cutlery wash, whilst pots, pans and roasting tins generally require the next wash up. Based on my experiences with this machine, I'd recommend it.

“Had the Indesit D41 for over 6 years and it is used...”

Written on: 07/09/2008

Had the Indesit D41 for over 6 years and it is used everyday, only partly flooded the kitchen once as I did not have it level, otherwise I have never had to touch it. other than the occasional clean of the filter. But alas all good things come to an end and now it trips the electricity. Time to get the spanners out.

“Indesit D41 slimline dishwasher has been extremely...”

Written on: 27/08/2008

Indesit D41 slimline dishwasher has been extremely reliable for 6 years so far until now, the dispenser has stopped opening - but cannot complain as it has had no faults for 6 years and this part is only £25 on ebay!

“This is a warning do not buy a Indesit D41 - if you...”

Written on: 27/03/2008

This is a warning do not buy a Indesit D41 - if you do, you have my pity, it caused me nothing but hardship, save your money and buy a bottle of washing up liquid!

Janeybee's Comment

Written on: 18/02/2012

Why? There is no point posting a negative and abusive review if you don't say what the problems were. Elucidate!

Read 1 Comment

“Excellent basic dishwasher. So easy to use and...”

Written on: 21/02/2008

Excellent basic dishwasher. So easy to use and maintain. Only bad point after all this time is that the cutlery basket is developing big holes so that the cutlery falls through.

“Don't buy Indesit! ”

Written on: 21/09/2006 by Jimbob990 (1 review written)

Don't buy Indesit!
Always close your doors at night (To avoid smoke in case of fire)
Make sure the smoke alarm has batteries (This and the doors shut saved my families lives).
And - I found this out afterwards - Put an RCD either on the plug socket or better still on your consumer unit as this would've tripped and stopped the fire occurring.

“I bought an Indesit D41 dishwasher in 2002, and it...”

Written on: 26/01/2006 by Smick (2 reviews written)

I bought an Indesit D41 dishwasher in 2002, and it broke down after 6 months and had to be replaced with a new one. The new one has since been repaired twice in 18 months, and now it's broken down again. I give up! It's going to the scrap yard, and I will now buy a Bosch SRS45E12.

“How we have kept our Indesit D41 dishwasher as long as...”

Written on: 08/07/2005 by amberwood (8 reviews written)

How we have kept our Indesit D41 dishwasher as long as we have is a miracle, it is now 2 and a half years old and it has had at least 4 new pumps (may be 5 or even 6) and we are again waiting for the engineer to come out AGAIN, after it flooded the kitchen and burnt out yet another pump. It broke down twice in the first year and because of this we purchased an extended warranty (something we rarely do) simply because we could afford £46 per year more easily than shelling out for another dishwasher. But I am definitely getting rid of this dishwasher in Jan next year when this warranty runs out because I am paying nearly £50 a year on top of the initial cost of the dishwasher, only to be massively inconvenienced every time it breaks down! Wish I'd known about Review Centre before we bought this machine!

☆☆☆☆☆

“The Indesit D41 does a terrible wash - probably...”

Written on: 17/05/2005 by Norman Marshall (2 reviews written)

The Indesit D41 does a terrible wash - probably because the top sprayer arm got blocked up with food fragments. My attempt to clear the blockage resulted in the arm coming away from its attachment. I've tied it back on with string but don't seem to be able to find anyone to supply a spare. No reply from the Indesit website.

☆☆☆☆☆

“Bought Indesit D41 1 year ago and have had an engineer...”

Written on: 28/04/2005 by LesleyI (1 review written)

Bought Indesit D41 1 year ago and have had an engineer out 7 times since . Initially as it flooded kitchen. Now it leaves dishes dirty and dirty water remains at bottom of washer after cycle. They have just eventually agreed to replace it with a new model IDL40 as D41 has been discontinued (I wonder why). Lets hope this model is more reliable.

☆☆☆☆☆

“I purchased my D41 18 months ago. The first one broke...”

Written on: 11/12/2004 by A Miller (1 review written)

I purchased my D41 18 months ago. The first one broke down after 3 washes. Both the motor & element had burnt out. I refused a repair & eventually got another delivered after 6 weeks. It immediately registered an error code & after much fiddling with it we eventually got it to work. A few weeks later it broke down totally & was repaired under guarantee, but the error code continued to show up every few days. It broke down again, still under guarantee, & was repaired. Since then it's never been perfect & has now broken down totally. Listening to it I'm pretty sure the motor has gone. It's the worst domestic appliance I've ever bought. If you are thinking of getting one, don't.

“Had to have my Indesit Dishwasher fixed after first...”

Written on: 05/08/2004 by jashan (1 review written)

Had to have my Indesit Dishwasher fixed after first couple of months now 18 months down the line it flooded the kitchen and started to smoke, needless to say - it doesn't work at all now! Not worth the repair costs, wish I had taken out warranty. Will never buy Indesit again.

171892_Johnie's Response to jashan's Review

Written on: 26/09/2004

Absolutely agree. Mine blew after 8 months - new motor. Apparently the engineers hadn't considered that water and 240volts in contact could be a problem. Fixed under warranty but we had to wait for him to arrive in our alloted time slot - between 8am and 6pm. He turned up at 7pm, to say he would have to order the part. Waited for this for two weeks. This was finally fitted by the engineer (2 nuts and 2 pop-on connections, so I could have done it myself in 5 minutes if I could have located the part to buy. Don't buy one, ever.
<br>
<br>It has just blown up again.

Jashan's Response to jashan's Review

Written on: 26/10/2004

We eventually sent an email to the parent company in Italy to say how disappointed we are with their dishwasher, about 4 weeks later we were contacted by Indesit who were very helpful. They offered to repair it for a small fee, but unfortunately by then we had dumped the dishwasher, so they gave us a partial refund (75%).
<br>
<br>We have little faith in their products but we cannot fault their customer service.

Read 2 Comments