Jersey Zoo, Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust Reviews

5.0

Jersey Zoo, Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust - Ask a question now

“Durrell Zoo is a wonderful place to visit with...”

written by Becky May on 22/03/2010

Durrell Zoo is a wonderful place to visit with children, adults or just for a walk on your own. It's amazing to go to a place that has such an important role in saving species around the world that seems to be so relaxed and friendly. It's got good catering facilities and a nice shop with items to suit all budgets and ages. I like the fact you can have a quick walk round or spend the day - I return every year and couldn't be without my gentle lemur fix!!

“The animals are animals which one would not expect to...”

written by jamesrowen on 07/10/2008

The animals are animals which one would not expect to find in a normal zoo or wildlife park, for example the Coatis and Andean bears, living alongside each other in the Cloud Forest enclosure. These animals are not found in many normal animal collections, and they provide the visitor with some added excitement. The animals in general are wonderful reminders of a planet in peril. I salute Gerald Durrell's mission, and his message. I wanted to see his collection since the age of seven, and I FINALLY went to see it this summer!!!! Wonderful!

“Jersey Zoo is fantastic center for conservation and...”

written by carl Groombridge on 14/02/2006

Jersey Zoo is fantastic center for conservation and education. I took a group of HND students to Jersey Wildlife Perservation Trust (Not keen on the word zoo for this establishment) and they were captivated with joy and developed with a very serious need to absorb and learn more and more at JWPT. There is somthing for everybody at JWPT!!
A must for ALL budding biologists, Vets, Naturalists and general interested folk/families.
I went on my 18th birthday and have returned four times since. I'm 30 now and plan to return again this year, perhaps with more enthusiastic students?? Great work JWPT.