Ford Ka Millenium LTD Edition Reviews

Ford Ka Millenium LTD Edition - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ford Ka Millenium LTD Edition

“BOUGHT KA MILLENIUM ”

written by Jessiej161 on 26/10/2014

HI I BOUGHT A KA MILLENIUM AFTER PUSHING FROM GIRLFRIND. AS I HAVE A MX5.LOVELY CAR FOR UNDER 600£S.AS YOU KNOW IT HAS IT ALL, LEATHER ,ABS,PS,EW,TWIN AIRBAGS ECT.ITS BRIGHT ,AND AIRY AND IF YOU BELEIVE IN COLOUR THERAPY ,THEN THIS LITTLE CAR PUTS A SMILE ON YOU FACE,BRIGHT YELLOW.IT WAS A ONE OWNER CAR ,WITH ONLY 48,000 MILES .DUE MOT IN JAN 2015,AND HAS ONLY DONE 1,000 MILES SINCE LAST MOT.NOW THE PROBLEMS.YES IT HAS RUST ON ONE SILL,AND OF COURSE AROUND THE PETROL INTAKE DOOR.IT ALSO HAS A SLIGHT BLOW IN THE EXAUST.I WOULD LOVE TO GET IT THROUGH ANOTHER MOT,BUT AM WONDERING SHOULD I GO FOR A KA WITH A FULL YEARS MOT ,WHEN THIS MOT RUNS OUT AND IN THE MENTIME DO NOTHING TO THE KA MILLENIUM .IF YOU HAVE ANY OPINIONS THEY WILL BE WELCOME ,THANKYOU JAMES

“superb”

written by skyfall51 on 29/01/2014

Just bought tke KA3 ltd number 87...for 650 euro....amazing nippy little car...reminds me of the ancient mini austin...it's comfy,cheap and cheerfull..really im pleased with it;the negative point is the quality of the body..tend to rust..besides that for a 1.3 engine size the responsiv power is very good...exellent sound system...abs braking,air bags,leather interior...clever gloves box..good handling,good steering...and i do the oil change with igol 20/50 its a good oil like honey...take more time in winter to start it up so you can run...but at least the parts are in better condition.i purchased it because i love also the right hand drive...as im in France i prefer the right hand drive,people treat you like a tourist and have more respect to teh fact that i drive slowly!!

“I absolutely love my little yellow special edition...”

written by katiekatie on 30/05/2008

I absolutely love my little yellow special edition Ford KA, although I have to sell it shortly as I need a car that's a little more 'discreet'! But I am going to be sad to see it go. It is nippy, cosy yet comfortable with the lovely leather interior. I usually find it impossible to park, but not in my KA. I have had it for 3/4 years now and it fits in the littlest spaces and solves my parking problems! This is not the car for you if you want to blend into the background! It's a little headturner, even if it is no Aston Martin! It's reliable, NEVER has it broken down. It has great features, with air con, cd, alloys, leather steering wheel. All in all, it's a perfect first car, especially for all those girlie girls out there.

“I brought the Millenium LTD Edition KA as my 1st car...”

written by x0xNatashax0x on 08/03/2008

I brought the Millenium LTD Edition KA as my 1st car last August. Everyone loves my car and its very well known as there's only 2 in my area. Its cheap reliable and wasn't to expensive to fix when I gave it a little knock! Its a wonderful car I would recommend it to anyone and will be keeping it for a very very long time!

“I bought this Ford Ka Millenium LTD Edition car to use...”

written by sandiesmith on 31/08/2006

I bought this Ford Ka Millenium LTD Edition car to use whilst at university. I was commuting from Swindon to Bristol and needed a cheap but cool car to drive. I have never regretted it. She has been so reliable and so cheap to run, minimal repairs and fun to drive. I would recommend it to anyone, it's a fab car!!

“I bought a 1.3 red S reg Ka for my first car. Got into...”

written by Lisadobey on 13/09/2005

I bought a 1.3 red S reg Ka for my first car. Got into a massive accident and the Ka was very very very reliable! I came out with not a scratch and was very lucky. I am very grateful that the Ka held up under all the force and I recommend one to anyone. Great car, excellent to drive.

“I bought my Ford Ka Millenium LTD Edition City Car...”

written by jeff9999 on 20/07/2005

I bought my Ford Ka Millenium LTD Edition City Car brand new on a 52 plate for £4995 + cost of metalic paint. This is cheaper that you can buy Korean cars! Wait for the special deals they have.

I found it excellent fun, comfortable and cheap on fuel averaging 43 mpg. It has the newer engine in it which you have to hold back on the motorway to stop it going towards 90 mph.

Would this car be good for you? It depends what you want. It is not going to take the family and the dog all at once. But if most of your journeys consist of you as the only occupant, as most peoples journeys are, common sense indicates that you don't really need a bigger car. I have carried four people in it long distances and people have praised its comfort and space.

Also at that price, over a three year period it depreciates only around £75 per month which is much much cheaper than many others. For pure common sense economical driving this is a perfect car.

I have just sold it and bought a top of the range Honda Jazz automatic. You can't buy the Ka in automatic version. The Jazz is a beautiful car but on an economic basis, the Ford Ka wins because I could have more than two Ka's for the price of my Jazz. Much as I love the Jazz which is obviously a more superior car (you get what you pay for), if money got tight I could quite happily revert back to the Ka which is fun to drive and much less depreciation. My Jazz will depreciate in three years more than the Ka cost to purchase!

Great fun, comfortable car which is even good for quite tall people. Reliable and cheap to service. To those people who complained about performance, learn how to drive it properly and you will be suprised how nimble and quick it can be. This is not intended to be a sports car and it is not meant to be fast but boy does it handle well. The Ka will get through the traffic far quicker than the big cumbersome cars and cruises comfortably just above legal motorway speeds.

“Bought a 2001 (x reg) Ford Ka 'Now' from local garage...”

written by siboff2000 on 11/04/2005

Bought a 2001 (x reg) Ford Ka 'Now' from local garage in November 2004. Generally impressed by the car, particularly how it feels to drive: it feels like a much bigger car. I have travelled very long distances in this car and have noted its really good fuel economy and levels of comfort. I find the car quiet and stable feeling, even when doing very high speeds. It does have it's downsides: various unexplained noises and some shoddy interior bits and pieces. Not as fast off the lights as I would like, but overall, a very good car which never lets me down. Funny looking, but that's part of the appeal.

“I bought my Ltd edition Ford Ka last year X reg, 22...”

written by Amazza on 28/01/2004

I bought my Ltd edition Ford Ka last year X reg, 22 miles on the clock for just over £5000. its well worth it due to all the great added extras that you get over the standard ka. Plus its Bright Yellow and it definetly turns heads. It has Gorgeous Good Looks, Full Leather Interior, Air Conditioning, Power Stearing, Electric Windows, Cd player as standard. Handles Great, Fuel Economy Top Class and suprisingly good room inside. Alloy wheels. Stands out from the crowd

250227_Laurzyross88's Response to Amazza's Review

Written on: 07/07/2006

can i ask how do you know if youur ka is limited edition? i have recently bought a v reg ka and on the dash above the cd player is a small trianglewith 553/1000 in it. what does this mean?? i have not noticed this in other kas thanks. laura x

“Our Ford luxury Ka is now getting on for three years...”

written by cams472 on 15/01/2004

Our Ford luxury Ka is now getting on for three years old and except for the air conditioning packing up just after we bought it, has been totally reliable. The Ka has proved to be very easy to drive (my wife learnt to drive and passed her test in ours) and is quite relaxed on the motorway. If pushed the engine can sound a bit harsh and is slightly underpowered, especially if the air con is used but during normal everyday driving the little Ka is a pleasure to use. Petrol consumption seems to be only average for the type of car and can be heavy if driven hard. Take one of these out onto some twisty roads though and you will soon find out why the ka is so popular. The handling of these cars is simply superb and the ride is very supple even on very rough roads.
The interior of the Ka still looks very modern and everythig is easily to hand, the large format stereo is very easy to use especially on the move due to the large buttons and controls, the sound is also very good. Ford provide plenty of cubby holes for smaller items but nowhere to store cased cd's! The only place for these are the door pockets which is not the best of places to store them. Also in the door pockets are shaped moldings for drinks but these are too narrow to hold a standard coke can. One thing which the Ka badly needs is some kind of adjustment for the steering position, as I find that I have to rake the seat back to be able to view the instruments.
The leather seats fitted to the Luxury version are very comfortable and supportive, these are fitted with perforated inserts which allow the seats to breathe, providing a cool, stick to the seats free, journey. Interior space is good for front seat passengers but a little cramped in the back for adults on a long journey, the back seats are split 50/50 and some quite large items can be transported with these folded down.
Electrical goodies fitted as standard to the Luxury Ka include heated electric door mirrors, power windows and heated front and rear windscreens. The heated front screens value only becomes apparent when you leave early for work on a frosty morning, this was one feature that really pleased me, as one push of the switch gave me a clear windscreen in about a minute, even after a really hard frost!
All in all the Ford Ka has more than exceeded our expectations and has been a pleasure to own for the last three years. Our driving includes a fifty mile round trip to work every day plus the usual family errands and the odd long distance trip. The only black mark is that the dealers seem a bit complacent during servicing and we have had to take the car back to have work carried out that should have been done the first time. It has to be said that this is not the fault of the car and is the general impression I have got from other dealers besides Ford.
If you are in the market for a small, easy to drive and live with car, with plenty of character, good handling and cheap servicing then the Ford Ka will suit your needs perfectly, In fact ours has been so good that we take delivery of a new Ford Sportka 1600i next week!!!

“Bought a 99T Ford ka collection in 2002. First car...”

written by Andy Pandy on 29/11/2003

Bought a 99T Ford ka collection in 2002. First car since passing test. Bought it because even though I was unsure on the looks, I knew it handled well. Bought it with no problems, only slight rust to both passengers and drivers sills. Common Ford problem that happens with all kas up to 2003 when although Ford say there was no problem, suddenly Ford changed the sills. So if they didnt reconise a problem, why did Ford change it????.

Anyway, car was fine. I am a bit of a boy racer (so why buy a Ka ?>???? with 60 bhp) reason was insurance. Fitted full powerflow straight through exhaust. adds about 5 bhp then K&N 57i induction kit. another 4bhp if I am lucky. then superchip another 6bhp. Then tinted windows, lowered on Koni springs and dampers. dropped about 40mm. Then added some 15's as I knew the wheel circumference would be the same as long as I went for 195/45 profile tyres, this way the handling would be the same. Next was ICE, but thats nothing to do with car. hehehe

Car was ace. people couldn't believe it when they heard the noise and turned round and saw a Ka. and I am fairly sure that it would whip anything 2wd at a roundabout.

Sold it now as I have a Calibra, but never forget wee baby Ka.

All very very friendly people.

thanks

Andy

“I bought my Ford Ka as a cheap and chearful car to...”

written by Phil Hinton on 24/11/2003

I bought my Ford Ka as a cheap and chearful car to drive across twisty fells each day. Every review you read, points out what a good drivers car they are. And, it is, excet one point that I can't get on with and doesn't get a mention anywhere - the drivers seat is the most uncomfortable device I've ever come across. In 16 years of motoring in all sorts of contraptions, I've always been comfortable enough no matter how long I've driven the thing - NOT the Ka, it's a relief to get out even after a half hour drive.
Don't get me wrong - I really want to like this car, it's got everything going for it, but the induced back ache is enough for me to have to say an early good bye to my car. It's a shame.

“All in all the Ford Ka is a fantastic car. Mine has...”

written by Mac. on 03/07/2003

All in all the Ford Ka is a fantastic car. Mine has 71,000 miles on the clock & has had hardly no mantainance done. Still going strong, no cambelt but engine tends to be tappety on high revs. I think that I must of set a land speed record for one of these as the fastest I have pushed is 112 mph which is quite impressive for a 1.3 pushrod!!

“I bought my Ford Ka Collection back in October 2001....”

written by jemka. on 08/01/2003

I bought my Ford Ka Collection back in October 2001. It had one previous owner and was in very good condition with just over 5,000 miles on the clock. It has air conditioning, electric front windows, PAS, a CD autochanger and metallic paint as standard. Originally I wasn't going to buy a Ka - was never really interested in them. My heart (and money) was set on a new shape Fiat Punto Sporting and it wasn't until my previous car was taken away to be serviced that I was given a Ka as a courtesy car. Loved it. That was it, the Ka was what I wanted. I went for the Collection model as it was mid-range with a variety of goodies as standard. Since owning the vehicle, nothing has gone wrong. I would definately buy another and next time probably buy either the LuxuryKa or SportKa (when it comes out). I would recommend the Ka to anyone too - give it a try, you might be suprised!

Carl Marshall.'s Response to jemka.'s Review

Written on: 29/05/2003

Can't say that I agree with the review of the Ka. I drove my ex-wife's Ka off the drive, reversed it back on and that was enough. The hollow clang when I closed the doors made me feel as if I was in a derelict prison and the high-revving of the engine reverberating through the tinny body set my teeth on edge. The power steering combined with the lightness of the body left me withthe empty headed lightness of being on a trip.
<br>All in all, it felt like a pencil sharpener with a lawn mower engine attached to it. The sweeping curves of the dashboard and interior trim irritated me intensely Good value it might be but there again, you get what you pay for - and,in this case, it shows..

Rayt44's Response to jemka.'s Review

Written on: 29/08/2003

I agree with pseudo. How anyone can make a rational judgement on a car by driving it on a drive, unless perhaps it was the drive at Castle Howard. I have just come back today from a round trip to Heathrow airport, 500 miles in 12 hours and can thoroughly recommend the little Ford.
<br>Yes, it could do with some more power and my Focus is more frugal with fuel, but the Ka is a joy to drive with resposive handling, a good ride, lovely steering and a quiet cabin ambience at speed.
<br>The plastics do tend to mark easily and the FM radio is irritating since I can't get the footie on Radio 5.
<br>I find the lumber support, despite appearing to be an afterthought, very effective and the seats are good. My daughter happily travelled in the back, with the other rear passenger seat occupied by a large case (which didn't complain).
<br>The engine could be stronger, but I feel engines in general are a Ford weakness. I was amazed when talking to some Ford dealers at an air display just how ignorant they were of the engine history. The cars actually deserve better dealers than the one I have recently dealt with on Teesside (Jennings).I love the Ka and would happily have another - and I love my wife.

Pseudo.'s Response to jemka.'s Review

Written on: 06/07/2003

Perhaps you should have driven it further than off the drive - it seems you're basing your review on not much experience of having driven one. The sound of the door making you feel like you were in a prison? Oh, right! Maybe it's not a good idea to review your ex-wife's car.
<br>
<br>The Ford Ka doesn't pretend to be a porsche, and its price obviously reflects its refinements, but having owned two (and having reversed them off several drives) I can thoroughly recommend them. Great to drive, very reliable and with a good specification. For the price, you can't go wrong.
<br>

“I HAVE HAD MY KA FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS NOW IT IS A...”

written by jane. on 01/12/2002

I HAVE HAD MY KA FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS NOW IT IS A COMPANY CAR SO AS YOU CAN IMAGINE IT HAS HAD A REALLY HARD LIFE, AND WHEN I SAY HARD I MEAN HARD. BECAUSE I HAVE TO HAVE A LOT OF HEAT IN MY CAR I THRASH THE LIFE OUT OF THE THING WHEN IT IS COLD SO I CAN GET THE HEATER NICE AND HOT. I NORMALY GET OFF THE DRIVE AND AT THE TOP OF MY ROAD IS A BUS STOP I TEND TO PULL IN THERE SHIVERING AND HOLD MY FOOT TO THE FLOOR AND BOTH HANDS ON MY VENTS IT TAKES NO LONGER THAN 5 MINS TO GET THAT LITTLE ENGINE RED HOT. THEN ITS MAXIMUM REVS ALL THE WAY TO WORK OH AND NOT FORGETTING MY HOT AIR ON FULL BLAST TOO. AND STILL THE CAR GOES ON AND ON IT GOT ALMOST 42K ON IT NOW AND STILL RUNS GOOD. SHORLY I CANT BE THE ONLY GIRL WHO LIKES HER HEATER AS MUCH AS I DO, AND WHO WARMS HER CAR UP THIS WAY...JANE

113374_Pseudo.'s Response to 54906_jane.'s Review

Written on: 06/07/2003

Shorly you can!

Derf35's Response to 54906_jane.'s Review

Written on: 01/12/2003

well, your review was pretty original, i travel to london at 530 in the morning often and without the heater and a cd i could get well blue (the familiar bit), but i guess im not ready to do it in a layby! ive got a little ka collection, which i must like (i came over all gooyee and said in babytalk to a fuelstation attendant 'that little blue ka' when he asked which pump i used), but i never wash or clean it (i mean, as in not once in two years!).
<br>Fred

Speedyriper's Response to 54906_jane.'s Review

Written on: 28/11/2003

hi there thanks for reading my review about my ka i take it you are a ka owner aswell? so how do you rate the car? and what do you mean by "strange and yet strangely familiar" thanks again jane x

Derf35's Response to 54906_jane.'s Review

Written on: 20/11/2003

hmm, sitting there, by yourself, revving a little car in a layby with your hands cupped over the vents. strange and yet strangely familiar. i dont do that and my ka usually takes about five minutes and three or four miles to heat up.

“I bought my Ka2 2nd hand (4500quid) about 2 and a half...”

written by Eoghan. on 27/11/2002

I bought my Ka2 2nd hand (4500quid) about 2 and a half yrs ago. Now it's five and still going strong. I'm living in Germany at the moment and as such, use the famous speed limitless Autobahns regularly. The wee thing hammers along at 100mph, no problem. The top speed according to the handbook is I think, 96mph. I've had her doing 110mph(loud!). My wheels are the 14" 6spoker RS alloys. These wheels give the car a higher top speed and an aggressive, sporty look. I can't understand why Ford didn't put the 1.7 Puma engine into the car, as a hot hatch option. 60bhp is sometimes not enough!

“I bought a ford ka2 fuel/inj in 2001 I have had it...”

written by David Rowe. on 16/11/2002

I bought a ford ka2 fuel/inj in 2001 I have had it almost 2 years and it is a exellent car nothing has gone wrong with it at all I paid 5000 for it which was a bargain cause it came with all the extras and I would not trade it in for anything

“Just help me!”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by KAz. on 11/11/2002

Just help me!

51417_Jim.'s Response to 50109_KAz.'s Review

Written on: 16/11/2002

Sorry mate, but that's a pretty dumb review. No mention of performance . reliability?
Firstly, exactly how does a car make you look gay?
Secondly, grow up you pathetic waster.

Likesmenwithfastcars's Response to 50109_KAz.'s Review

Written on: 09/03/2004

What is wrong with the Ka I think it is an excellent little car. Out of all the cars I have had I would say that it has been by far the most reliable. It is speedy, light, handles well and even manages 110mph on the motorway! The ka looks good as well. The only complaints that I have is that it dents really easily and also is a bit shoddy but hey what do you expect from ford! I agree about it being a womans car, my bloke doesnt like driving it, however kitted up it looks better and more acceptable for a bloke to drive.

Cams472's Response to 50109_KAz.'s Review

Written on: 13/01/2004

Quite right the Ford Ka is not JUST a womens car but Ford have sold 80% of Ka's to women. Pricelessguy please name me a car in the same class as the Ka that handles as well? Obviously if you are comparing the Ka to a Lada perhaps you need to drive a little less eratically. Our Ka luxury was bought new and apart from the air con packing up (which was fixed by ford at no cost) has never given us a momments trouble, it can cruise on the motorway at reasonable speed quite happily, it's comfortable and roomy for a small car and is one of the easiest cars on the road to drive. The Ka does have some minor irritations which include the steering wheel being too low for tall drivers thus obscuring the instruments and the engine power is a little on the low side especially if the air con is used.
<br>Both these problems have been addressed with the introduction of the new Duratec engine and the steering column is now adjustable for rake.
<br>These are excellent little cars to live with and are very cheap to run, in fact ours has been so good that we take delivery of our new Ka next week!!! This will be our second new Ka only this time we have gone for the Sport model which has the 1600cc engine.

Pricelessguy's Response to 50109_KAz.'s Review

Written on: 05/01/2004

If you can not find a better handling car than this then you must have only looked at a Lada. OK its small. Their are plenty of cars around that are small. How can you not realise that this is not just a womens car.

Cams472's Response to 50109_KAz.'s Review

Written on: 16/08/2003

OK here goes...I bought my KA BECAUSE it was a womans car. I drive a truck for a living and can say its great to get into such a light easy to drive car after spending so much time in a truck cab!!! Of course it's a Womens car, did you not think of this before you bought it? Dont agree with the gay thing though more triumph spitfire than KA. Also try finding a better handling car than one of these, I havent managed to find one yet, so at least if you get chased your going to be able to lose them in the lanes :)

105611_Emma.'s Response to 50109_KAz.'s Review

Written on: 09/06/2003

i totally agree that the KA is a womens car. i have had my KA for about 4 months now and i find it a lot better than my old fiesta. the steering is a lot easier to handle and as for parking, its a dream for us women drivers!!! what i don't see is how it is a gay car??? two of my mates at uni have them as well and they are both male, and both find the car really fun to drive as u can make it into quite a bot racers car if you have enough spare time.

Stevep.'s Response to 50109_KAz.'s Review

Written on: 10/03/2003

I've had this car for the last few days as a courtesy car, I don't like it, I agree it is definately a girls car. The pedals are too small and cramped, the way I have to position the seats to drive it without banging my legs into things means the speedo is totally obscured by the steering wheel. Full of ugly plastic, clunking sounds come from the rear when I stop, I haven't dared take it over 45mph yet but it does accelerate to 30 without too much trouble. The indicators are too clicky aswell, maybe I've just been too used to my usual car (Suzuki Ignis) but I honestly don't feel right in a Ford Ka.

65572_Don.'s Response to 50109_KAz.'s Review

Written on: 15/01/2003

You wanna know about its performance? Well its not there basically. Interior is poor. The exterior, well if ever a car was designed for women then it is this. And the name....KA.....erm was it named after New Years when everyone was too hung over to think of a real name. For a start it's not true. The KA isn't a car it's more of a My First Tony Toy.

“I have done 8,500 miles in my Ford Ka in 5 months and...”

written by Jane Hudson. on 16/10/2002

I have done 8,500 miles in my Ford Ka in 5 months and it's been a great car. Drove to Preston from Bristol, Luton, London, Cardiff here, there, all over the place! I will stick with these great little cars. I have driven for my job sometimes a Jeep. What a horrid tank of a car that is. Give me my Ka any day over that thing. Another thing - Ka has great dealers as well!!!

“The Ford Ka engine is, in my opinion, about right....”

written by Richy. on 11/06/2002

The Ford Ka engine is, in my opinion, about right. Tough as a tank, it'll take a major thrashing (35mph in first!). Plus it is ultra reliable and will start first time every time. Ford have put in a workhorse engine. In the wet it slides around corners like a peach wih a good mix of power in 2nd and great responsive steering and a chassis that wants to be thrown about. Trying to spin it or lose it even in the wet, it's pretty hard! May not be the butchest supermini in terms of acceleration, but if you drive her agressively she just wants more! One of the last small cars that is truthfully easy to maintain, change the oil or mess with the engine and not worry about all these complex computer diagnostics. You might actualy be able to do something if it all goes pear shaped-not just stare at a group of boxes under the bonnet. Not a computer on wheels, if you may, 'a drivers car'? Fair enough, it ain't no TVR. You could buy a german car but the benefits of overengineering are not really apparent till well over 100,000 miles and most people don't want a car for that long as newer zazzier ones come out in that time. Be a little zazzy go for the KA.

Lou's Response to 27401_Richy.'s Review

Written on: 17/08/2003

Hi, im looking for a reliable car with very good MPG
<br>How many MPG are you currently getting and what type of journey is it from.
<br>Most of my driving is from around town
<br>
<br>kind thanks for you reply
<br>Lou