Boots Travel Insurance Reviews

Boots Travel Insurance - Ask a question now

“Very poor service”

Written on: 14/02/2018 by Terrancel59 (1 review written)

My son purchased Boots Silver Travel Insurance for a 4 month backpacking experience through Asia. In November 2017, whilst riding a moped in Vietnam, he was involved in an accident and sustained multiple fractures to his leg and dislocated his thumb. Boots initially refused to confirm he had a policy with them and this continued for 14 hours. Eventually they acknowledged he did, but refused to pay as my son had not sat a CBT Test, yet nowhere on their policy did they specifically make… Read Full Review

“Avoid Boots Insurance At All Costs”

Written on: 29/10/2017 by Wawka (1 review written)

Boots travel is awful and should be avoided. I won't go into too much detail on my shocking experience with boots and will just give one example... They kept me waiting for a very straight forward query for over 3 weeks. I had to chase then numerous times after they never got back to me within their agreed timescales. Boots is just a middle man and passes the buck to the incompetent third parties they use. I would hate to even think how they would handle and respond to anything that came… Read Full Review

“Poor service”

Written on: 03/07/2017 by noHewitt392 (1 review written)

I went online to get a quote from Boots. After the laborious questions (same as all Companies of course) a notice appeared asking me to ring an 0845 number to continue. The phone rang for ages - my call was very important of course- and when it was answered the first thing I heard was a girl laughing..... Anyway I was then told that they couldn't insure me with no explanation. So why wasn't I told this online to save me wasting my time and why isn't it an 0800 number… Read Full Review

“Very good service after an initial bumpy start”

Written on: 10/06/2017 by Supercolstuff (1 review written)

We went to Lanzarote in May 2017. My wife had a urinary tract infection on the way to the airport to come home. It was particularly aggressive and she ended up peeing blood before we got to the airport so I called Boots. They Told us where the nearest public hospital was and advised us to go to A&E. Then they told me to keep all receipts. The hospital prescribed antibiotics but we needed to buy them from a pharmacy. I photographed the hospital documents and emailed to Boots. The bumpy start… Read Full Review

“Paid for the Platinum policy and was completly miss sold”

Written on: 08/07/2016

I recently had a 22 day trip to California, while in Boots buying several holiday related items I was asked by a member of staff if I had thought about the "Boots" travel insurance, having looked through the leaflet it was recommended to me that the PLATINUM policy would best suit my needs as I have some expensive camera equipment, iPad and iPhone. unfortunately while on holiday I was (accosted) by a street beggar resulting in my camera being knocked to the ground and damaged. on my return I… Read Full Review

“Charged for a policy they did not provide !!!!”

Written on: 01/07/2016 by Aleena31 (1 review written)

Tried to buy a travel insurance from boots. Put in my credit card details to be told the transaction did not go though. No policy issued. But they charged me anyway. They refuse to reimburse the money . Steer clear of this company. … Read Full Review

Written on: 08/07/2016

Sounds to me as if Boots should stick to selling smellies and leave insurance to the experts.

Read 1 Comment

“Poor customer service. Avoiding paying claim”

Written on: 09/04/2016 by MolliePenn (1 review written)

We took out a boots travel insurance policy for a trip in Sep 15. But due to circumstances (family death) had to cancel at short notice. Our policy covered us for this so we put a claim in to boots. Because of several delays with the nhs completing the medical certificate we didn't have the paperwork complete until December. We submitted our claim in Dec and quickly received a letter saying that they were looking at the claim, but that the medical cert needed stamped by GP surgery. We… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/07/2016

Typical Boots travel policy, it's about time the regulator investigated them. LV every time.

“Poor Customer Service”

Written on: 17/12/2015 by Terryeq116 (1 review written)

I purchased my travel insurance from Boots in June and they were very good at giving a quote and taking my cash. There was an issue with my travel and I therefore needed to make a claim. I sent my claim to their claims department and received no reply not even a "we are working on your claim and will reply in....." So I called them which took a few attempts as the phones said "Busy try again etc". After a number of attempts I got through to someone who said an email had been sent to me but… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/07/2016

I repeat what I said in the previous reviews, just a bunch of money grabbing, miss-selling merchants, Superdrug for me from now on.

Read 1 Comment

“Travelled to Majorca July 2010 where my sister and son...”

Written on: 15/09/2010

Travelled to Majorca July 2010 where my sister and son both had very bad ear inffections - it cost us 178 euros to see the doctor and to but medication for them both. We made a claim with boots and received £35 from the claim as they deducted 2 x £50 excesses from the claim and not one even thought there was only one claim!! the service we received from boots was appalling and their claims staff are nothing but incompentant. do not take out boots insureance i will never recomment them and… Read Full Review

Thetraveller1975's Comment

Written on: 15/09/2013

All travel policies deduct an excess per person - each insured person is a claim in itself. This is a standard principle of insurance.

Written on: 08/07/2016

Steer clear of BOOTS travel policies, you have been warned, they will not pay out if the unfortunate should happen, just squirmy worms.

Read 2 Comments

“my partner neeeded hospital treatment which was paid...”

Written on: 16/03/2010

my partner neeeded hospital treatment which was paid eventually , but we are still waiting to be re-embursed for the doctor , ambulance and taxi's which all should have been covered . very dissapointing indeed . will not use again !!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 08/07/2016

Liverpool Victoria every time, no hassle, great customer service. I wouldn't trust BOOTS to sell me a plaster.