London Luton Airport Reviews - www.london-luton.co.uk

• Overall cleanliness

London Luton Airport - www.london-luton.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for London Luton Airport - www.london-luton.co.uk

London Luton Airport - www.london-luton.co.uk

“Fast Track Security Waste Of Time”

Written on: 18/09/2021 by Brimcel2 (1 review written)

Overall experience of Luton Airport going and coming back was good. Especially good coming back. Straight through security and quick bag collection. Going out I paid for Fast Track Security pass. Went through priority isle and was met with queue. Staff were letting all passengers through this area to speed up everyone. Waste of time paying for it.

“Just booked Carpark. If your plane is delayed beyond...”

Written on: 07/08/2021 by Tarynn93 (1 review written)

Just booked Carpark. If your plane is delayed beyond time booked you automatically have to pay another £58 for another whole day. But airport to the rescue. Pay £1.99 and we will insure you against this!!!!. No wonder this is regarded as the worst London airport by far

“UTTTER CARP”

Written on: 09/02/2019 by Kylas1978 (1 review written)

Carp going out! Baggage checkers utter useless. Carp coming in. Waiting ages and ages for our flight have its luggage removed. AVOID AT ALL COST!!

“Noisy and crowded”

Written on: 04/09/2017 by 287Williams (1 review written)

Luton airport is like taking the elements of Gatwick airport and squeezing them into a much tinier space. This exaggerates all the bad points about Gatwick - crowds, stress, queues, noise, poor quality services etc. The only thing I liked was the quick passage through security otherwise it was unrelentingly awful. Also it's not in London at all, its in the middle of nowhere!

“The unfriendly airport of luton”

Written on: 26/03/2017 by Davidp1950 (1 review written)

Not an airport putting customers first. The gate areas are dire with few seats, no aids like air bridges or escalators. Even putting aside the work going on they seem to want to find ways of inconveniencing users by charging for drop off, charging for trolleys and trying to force no pick up access to metered taxi services, instead using a very expensive service which I assume are paying the airport. Our experience of this taxi service was simply dire. It is our local airport, it is certainly not our favourite

“Putting the Customer Last”

Written on: 12/10/2016 by pqGonzales44 (1 review written)

Even allowing for there development work Luton is a dreadful place. I am obliged to use it a lot, mainly on business. For leisure flights I avoid it like the plague. Leaving aside the things they can fix, like improved traffic access, covered walkways from the new car park, eliminating the third-world class boarding gates, and so on it is the attitude to customers that is appalling. Luton senior management see customers as cash cows to be milked and the attitude trickles down. The inadequate security facilities mean more people have to pay for fast-track. Inadequate executive lounge space means more time spent in the retail area and on refreshments. Drop off charges - cynically increased by 50% recently. And can you believe a recent 'innovation' is no public taxi rank so you have to pay the extravagant Addison Lee private hire rates from which the airport doubtless gets a cut. The highest baggage trolley charge of all the London airports - interesting that the privately owned Gatwick and Heathrow do not charge. Maybe that is is. The airport is owned by the labour-controlled local authority, part of a sector that has yet to learn that saying you give great service means nothing if you don't actually give it. My next nearest airport is Heathrow and I support the third runway just because it means I would have to use Luton less often. The other thing to be learned about customer service is that if you act like you do not have to worry about it because you have a captive audience, that audience will vote with its feet once given a choice.

“Poor quality experience all round”

Written on: 13/07/2016 by AliyaMitchell325 (1 review written)

Extensive building works mean access is bad and passenger waiting areas are wholly inadequate. In-bound you have to deal with a completely inadequate Passport Control service - we had to wait an hour to get through - although the chap on the desk didn't seem to think that such a wait amounted to poor service! Avoid if at all possible.

“Worst airport experience ever”

Written on: 12/06/2016 by Hopperku1992 (1 review written)

Luton airport is a complete embarrassment and inadequate in every way. Horrendously long queues for bag drop and security (staff were clearly using new machines and didn't have a clue what they were doing. Onlooking managers were obviously more concerned about the performance of these machines than the mess that was staring them in the face!), not enough seating so people were having to sit on the floor all over the airport and rude members of staff. I would pay more to fly from a different airport, never again. The management should be ashamed of themselves.

“Worse airport”

Written on: 24/04/2016 by Skipster1967 (1 review written)

I have been coming through LTN airport for several years and it has progressively got worse, to breaking point. Last Sunday, 17th April I was forced to buy priority line ticket for security, after it becoming apparent that 2 hours from airport arrival to departure gate was not enough time!! After paying, it still took over 30 mins to get through security. On my return, Friday 22nd April, I arrived from Rome at 2300. It took over an hour from arriving onto stand to standing at the car hire bus stop. It then took over 20 mins for the next bus to arrive to take us to the car hire. Any much longer and it would have been as long to get through the airport as the flight from Rome took. During the waiting time I even heard a passenger ask a member of Luton airport staff where the car hire place is, to which she replied, "where it's always been". Thankfully she was given a right, justified ear full by the passenger. I have got to the stage where it is worth paying for a slightly more expensive ticket to travel through a decent airport, and for once, nothing to do with the airline.

“Staff go out of their way to make your experience worse.”

Written on: 03/04/2016 by Hocput (1 review written)

Easily the worst airport in the UK. The cramped buildings and put access are bad enough, but on a rent visit to the air port, staff were actively ride, and went out of their way to be obstructive. As an example, at security the baggage scanner insisted on separating my bags cost and laptop, as well as those of others. Instead of going through on the successive trays, there were 15 trays between my first (laptop) tray and my last (bag) tray. I was then held beck from the body scanner, increasing the risk of my laptop being stolen on the other side. The net effect was an unnecessarily slow transit through security for myself and others - with congestion as I and others waited for the rest of our items to be scanned so we could clear items from the collection area and move on. Once in the departures area, things got a little better with staff attitudes moving to bored indifference. As a business traveler, be aware that it is completely impractical to do any work whilst waiting for your plane, as the terminal is so cramped. In the future I will go out of my way to avoid Luton. My two word description of the place is not to be shared on a review site. Birmingham handles the same number of passengers polyurethane and in comfort whilst offering similarly priced flights.

“poor custumer service at the gates ”

Written on: 30/01/2016 by Jessie223 (1 review written)

I had my flight on 27th January from gate 20, W6 3702. The Gate should have been closed at 18:40. I arrived to the gate at 18:16 (the time from the screen) and the gate serving blond Romanian speaking lady started to be very rude and angry because she said, she wanted to close the gate. I told her it's more than 20 minutes until she should close it. At this moment she threw my passport and boarding card to me... A few minutes after, another passenger arrived, and she literary shouted and screamed to him. The passenger was very polite and was begging to be let on the plane. But still there were 20 minutes to the gate closing time. At the runway area, I asked another passenger assistant, about what is going on, and he was surprised about it. Unfortunately, I did not take the badge number from this employee. But still I believe this is not an attitude from someone who is working in this industry. I hope, the administration of the airport can find this employee, and make the customer service better.

“Worst airport experience ever”

Written on: 24/12/2015

I was disgusted at the airport The parking is so far away from the arrivals point and after a long flight the last thing you want to do is walk through the cold weather on a trek to the car park. The car park is astronomical priced and so expensive. The cheapest amount is £7!!!!! For that price you would at least expect a decent and well managed car park. The floor is very unstable with potholes all over. It was extremely hard to push the luggage trolley to the car What a horrible way to end a pleasant flight Will think again before using Luton airport

“TOTAL MESS -”

Written on: 10/11/2015 by jchatboard (7 reviews written)

The worst airport I have experience - London Luton International, a total shambles and a Cash Cow Operation. If I was a first time visitor to the UK and pass through LTN I would think what barbaric, uncivilized, backward country am I visiting???

“Luton Airport - NOT LOVELY”

Written on: 28/10/2015 by Timmytime2015 (1 review written)

I recently booked a holiday and thought it a good idea to fly from Luton Airport! On the morning of the 14.10.15 we arose at 3am to head to the airport, only to find the road in closed, a very sketchy diversion led us back to the closed road along with a large convoy. in the end the road was opened and we had to find the badly sign posted long stay car park, which took another 30 mins! check in was fairly busy as we where all somewhat running late, once we got through to the departure lounge, it was toilets then flight literally as we where so late (I am Mr plan ahead and Mr Early by nature). Toilets disgusting by the way. on our return flight the airport crew took 25mins to attach some stairs, to which the cabin crew where a gasp!, the stairs then shook and wobbled all the way down. got through to luggage collection and had to find out which belt had our luggage on - most airports have TV's hanging down telling you which conveyer to go to by number; not Luton, no they have a small screen by the belt telling you, it took me 15 mins to work this out. at luggage retrieval they had two very ignorant men throwing (yes throwing)peoples cases of the conveyor. They hit one chap whom was less than pleased, I felt very sorry for the people waiting at the belt with no chance of seeing there case come around. zero customs so good day for any smugglers. while I went to the lavatory, my girlfriend was accosted by a down and out presumably living in the airport? no security in site. I can truthfully say I will never use Luton Airport ever again and I will make it my life focus to tell everyone I know or meet the perils and stench that await them.

“Waited 75 minutes for my baggage after landing :(”

Written on: 05/10/2015 by DavonHodges (1 review written)

Flying from Luton seemed like a good idea as we live in Cambridge. On arrival the airport was quiet (Saturday afternoon) and we went through in good time. We waited a long time to board our flight to Lisbon as there was only one person at the boarding gate (glad I didn't purchase speedy boarding). Otherwise everything went well. Different story on the return journey. On landing we taxied to our allocated stand, but were held up for a while whilst waiting for ground crew to guide the pilot onto the stand. This was nothing compared with the delay in getting our baggage however - we landed on time at 22.50 Got off the plane at 23.00. Sailed through security, and then waited for 75 minutes for our baggage. We were not alone however as 6 other flights came in within a few minutes of each other. A young woman, who was there to provide assistance to a wheelchair passenger explained that "every weekend is the same", she added "they can never get people to work nights on the weekend, or they call in sick at the last minute". There are pads with faces on throughout the airport, but the 'grumpy' face was the only one being pressed on Saturday night. It certainly will feature in any future decision I make to fly from Luton airport. We landed at 22.50 and finally managed to leave the airport at 00.20 which simply led the drive back to Cambridge! Not good enough Luton .. definitely needs improvement.

“It is getting worse”

Written on: 04/08/2015 by Travelling Frog (13 reviews written)

Unfortunately I have to use Luton Airport few times per year and it my opinion this airport is just getting worse! Starting with Pick Up/Drop off charges - £ 2.50!! Charge for Trollies Charge for Priority lane at security - £ 4.00 On our last departure from Luton Airport we queued 30 minutes in security, we then wanted cup of coffee so that we can sit somewhere as there is no seating now for people who do not want to drink/eat. Unfortunately all eating/drinking places were full. The screen with flights was not working properly and our flight did not show on the screen after our 'Gate Closing' time on our boarding pass! Queues for toilet were so long that they were in the departure hall. After 5 minutes of queuing we gave up and had to then ask the crew on the plane to let us use their toilet! I will only use Luton Airport as last resort as their services are getting atrocious. The only positive was the Luton Lounge (where you have to pay) but on my last visit (Spring 2015) they were doing refurbishment and it was terrible also. No toilets so we had to queue downstairs at normal toilets anyway so in July 15 I gave it a miss. It may be finished now but I did not have enough time to enjoy it anyway.

“Unexpectedly good experience!”

Written on: 15/04/2015 by Doddcx179 (1 review written)

Prior to last week I had never flown via Luton Airport, on this occasion I had to and I was not looking forward to it as I had been told it was a 'Desperate Hole'! Well my experience was the opposite, I had no problem whatsoever with parking or progress through the airport for my flight. The staff were ok, the place was clean, the choice of food was good, there was plenty of seating and the security was sensible. Thanks Luton, you were a pleasant surprise!

“Rip Off Parking”

Written on: 11/04/2015 by David456.. (1 review written)

I recently had the misfortune to have to go to Luton Airport to pick my elderly parents my mother is in a wheelchair and my father can walk short distances. I first went to the priority car park as it was closest to the terninal building, only to find that I could not leave the car to meet my parents other wise the car would be towed away. To get out I had to pay £2.50 min charge and then parked in the short stay, which is a fair walk from the terminal building not for me but my parents. I then had to pay again for the short stay £7 for about half an hour. Not only will we never use Luton Airport again, I will advise others not to do so, I normaly use East Midlands where they adopt a more common sense approch, the first 20min is free and there after you pay and it is close to the terminal. What visiting travelers from foreign lands must think beggers belief.

“Car park, information not clear not quantity but quality”

Written on: 08/02/2015 by 371Sparks (1 review written)

mainly about the parking the information is not clear for me as foreign, not everyone knows the meaning of( unattended) vehicles will be removed, i didn't know it should be more clear , lots of holes in both car park , and fee more expensive than police without providing training, in the law all the drivers when they are taking licence driving, the law has to be aware of this company which is clamping cars like crazy, no one fault i drove 100 miles to get there disparate to go to the toilette, when came back they remove my car i didn't kill no one didn't made a crime who are they to do that to innocent people, other thing you must have this in other languages not only in English, plus if you don't have money to pay what you will do, you need to treat people with dignity and education, i have been traveling in South Africa and i had better treatment than in here, more respect reliable service, then there is no logic i can go to the toilette when i need 15 minutes in car park fine enough time the car any country can be without passengers for this minutes for go to the toilette or i have to sheet my self ??? sorry for my language thanks for your attention .

“FAST TRACK SECURITY”

Written on: 22/10/2014 by Milagrosb255 (1 review written)

Paid for fast track security. Got through the boarding card checkpoint quickly but found the fast track examination belt taped off and we had to merge into a queue of non-fast track travellers some of whom were none too happy at what they saw as queue jumping. Spoke to the supervisor who shouted something to one of his colleagues. No apology of course.