Il Divo, Il Divo Reviews

Il Divo, Il Divo
3.9

Il Divo, Il Divo - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Il Divo, Il Divo

“I am looking for more of Il Diva. Very pleasurable.”

written by alfred30 on 24/06/2008

I am looking for more of Il Diva. Very pleasurable.

“If you want a boy-band that sounds vaguely like the...”

☆☆☆☆☆

written by on 05/05/2008

If you want a boy-band that sounds vaguely like the "divos" had some classical training at some point in their life singing boring pop songs, this could be your thing.

If you want quality... your money is better spent elsewhere!

“4 handsome men, great voices, pleasant, sexy. I love...”

written by on 16/02/2008

4 handsome men, great voices, pleasant, sexy. I love all the Il Divo CD, just wonderful.

“I know that they sing a lot of covers so that...”

written by MagnoliURS on 22/03/2007

I know that they sing a lot of covers so that listeners will know the songs from the tunes but in general I prefer their original songs. I love their voices, individually and together, what beautiful harmonies! The fact that they are all drop-dead gorgeous doesn't hurt either. I have heard a lot of people complain about the fact that most of their songs are sung in other languages. I really think the fact that I can't understand the words helps me to better appreciate their magnificent voices even more. If I want to know what they are singing I go to their website and get a translation.

Three of the four are accomplished Opera stars in their own rights and the fourth member is a successful French pop singer from Paris. For those who don't know, the group is comprised of An American Tenor, David Miller from Denver, Colorado, a Swiss Tenor, Urs Buhler from Lucerne, a Spanish Baritone from Madrid and finally the French pop singer from Paris, Sebastien Izambard.

“Um... can we all say manufactured opera-lite boy band?...”

written by periwinklepixie on 18/07/2005

Um... can we all say manufactured opera-lite boy band? Everything about these four gents of Il Divo is so beyond MTV manufactured for the masses, it blows the mind. These four singers... or shall i say "divos" being that "Il Divo" means male diva. (I think we should give the dumboy who came up with THAT idea a good ol' thumbs up! Nothing says "I'm a Narcicistic A-hole" other than naming yourself as flippin "Divine Performers" pu-lease!) Not only do these men have no chemistry between them... they have even less originality. Riding the Josh Groban wave and hoping to steal a few of Groban's (a truly great performer) fans. The Corporate office thinks they can manufacture a bigger better cuter musical phenom than Groban... but they flop miserably. If your going to be a band, at least don't be one that had to be brought together by some corporate talent finders.

However, if you are looking for less than inspirational, lukewarm, and mindless music to play for music for that dinner party that your planning... go for it. Or better yet, suck it up and by a Josh Groban album, because what your getting is Josh Groban digested, filtered, and regurgitated and arranged a little to look appealing.

“Il Divo, Il Divo features some beautiful songs, some...”

written by jric on 05/07/2005

Il Divo, Il Divo features some beautiful songs, some familiar and some new, in a wonderful blend of 4 voices. Italian, Spanish, and English very well sung. Would be a good language tape for students to learn poetic phrasing.
The music is beautifully orchestrated if overdone in some parts, but the voices can carry it. Very GOOD CD.

“Il Divo, Il Divo - This is a band made up of members...”

written by MuddiedUp on 10/02/2005

Il Divo, Il Divo - This is a band made up of members from four countries with amazing voices. The CD blends classical music with pop music and showcases operatic versions of popular songs such as "Unbreak My Heart" alongside more classic, non-English language tunes.

This is a heartfelt record made by four men with amazing voices and everyone should hear it at least once.